(SEVENTEEN Hoshi) Beautiful Proposal

K-Pop One Shot Compilation (WWMBD)
Hello, can I request a Hoshi scenario where he asks you to marry him but during the proposal something utterly weird happens which results in you two rolling on the floor with laughter xD (like randomly Anaconda starts playing out of nowhere)
 
 
Anonymous
 
A

This scenario is really weirdly written my structure’s kinda weird sorry

Word Count: 1271

 

“Soonyoung-oppa! We gotta go! What’s taking you such a long time?”

Hoshi takes a deep breath and stares at his reflection in the mirror.

He looks down at the open box in his hand, the diamond inside the box glittering its approval up at him. He takes a deep breath and prays to every deity he’s ever known that life will decide to be nice today.

The moral of this story? Life can be nice, but friends cannot.

Seungkwan and Seokmin stare at him from across the table, mouths open in shock. If Hoshi wasn’t so nervous and fresh out of ideas, he would have probably decked them both by now. Sadly, he’s a sad sack and he really needs an out-of-this-world idea, something that will blow every other proposal the world has ever seen out of the water.

(Hoshi’s just a little bit of an overachiever when it comes to you. Only the best will do.)

“Dude.” Seokmin says after what seems like an eternity. He drags the vowel sound, and it takes all of Hoshi’s self-discipline to stop his fist from connecting with Seokmin’s jaw.

“Well?” Hoshi snaps, and Seungkwan raises one of his eyebrows so high at Hoshi that he feels his entire life being judged.

“Even if Jisoo hyung and Jeonghan hyung will agree to close their restaurant on a Friday night for your proposal, it’ll still take you a good 10 hours to put your plan to work.” Seungkwan scoffs. “And I’m fairly sure that Jisoo and Jeonghan have better things to do than help with your extravagant arrangement.” 

Hoshi glares at both of them. “That’s where you guys come in!”

“And lose studying time for my exams?”

“You never study for your exams, Seungkwan.”

“Do you think that we’ll help you with your attitude?”

Hoshi huffs and tries to school his features into an innocent look. “Please, Seungkwan? Seokmin? Do this for your hyung please! Bbuing Bbuing!

Seokmin has to physically restrain Seungkwan from killing him.

Amazingly, Jisoo and Jeonghan agree (with just a LITTLE bit of coaxing from Hoshi, just a little) to loan out their restaurant for next Friday night, with only a single warning to not light the place on fire.

Seungkwan is furious at them. “Hyung! I thought I could count on you to play the heavy!”

He finds the entire crew inside the restaurant Friday morning, armed with decorations, strobe lights and a boom box.

Hoshi is slightly worried.

They work for hours on the decor, stringing lights up in the foyer and blowing up balloons. Mingyu and Jun return from a trip to the grocery store and disappear to the kitchen at noon, and Hoshi is banned from the kitchen for the rest of the afternoon.

“If you’re cooking for us, I demand to know what we’re eating!”

“Come on, hyung, don’t you trust us?”

“Not even a bit!”

Hoshi gets chased out of the restaurant at 4 in the afternoon by Seungcheol, who waves off all his worries and forcefully removes him from the place, locking the door behind him.

He wonders at his friends, and prays that they know what the hell they’re doing.

Hoshi’s on your doorstep at 5o’clock, kissing you warmly before letting himself in.

“Oppa!” you whine as he drags you down with him on to the couch. “Didn’t you say the date was at 7? Why are you so early?”

“I missed you so I decided to come for a visit,” he chuckles. “Isn’t my baby glad to see me?”

You flush. “I’m trying to study!” you whine, but it comes out as a laugh. “You’re so distracting!”

“Glad to know that, baby.”

You end up using him as a pillow while you read through your notes.

You’re reminded of the time passing when Hoshi’s phone vibrates. He fishes his phone out from a pocket lazily, peering at the screen.

Then he’s suddenly standing up, and you’re on the floor.

“Kwon Soonyoung!”

“Sorry, baby. Shall we proceed to that date?”

There’s a look in his eyes that you can’t quite place, but he’s smiling, so you pick yourself up off the floor with an eyeroll and flounce into your bedroom.

“Hey! Where are you going?”

“Changing!”

Hoshi glances at the glittering ring inside the box one last time before stuffing it into his pocket. He opens the door of the washroom, nearly falling over when he sees you leaning against the wall, cocking your head.

“You’re so slow, oppa. Why am I the one waiting for you?”

“Sorry, baby. Shall we?”

“We shall.”

Hoshi and you step out of the house into the chilly fall weather, hand entwined.

“So where are we going for this date?”

“It’s a special place. You’ll see.”

Hoshi spends the entire walk to the restaurant hoping that this will turn out right.

You’re sure that your eyes light up when you see the restaurant. “Really, oppa? The place where we first met? You’re so cheesy!”

Hoshi laughs, and his eyes are soft. “I booked the place, baby. Do you like it?”

You shake your head.

“Love it?”

You nod enthusiastically.

The setup of the restaurant is amazing. There are flowers strewn on the floor and balloons floating on the ceiling. Candles glow from around the room, creating a soft, romantic atmosphere.

Hoshi has to admit he’s impressed.

The food is good too, set up on a table in the center of the restaurant where you guys sit, and Hoshi relaxes slightly.

Maybe he won’t mess up too badly.

As you finish your food, Hoshi stands up, taking a deep breath to still his nerves. He’s not sure how to do this, so he pulls you up and tugs you to a spot where the floor is relatively free of petals and balloons.

You tilt your head at him.

Hoshi smiles down at you and pulls you into a quick kiss, before releasing you and running a hand through his hair.

“So.” he murmurs, taking a step back from you.

“So?” you press, confused.

He bends over for a second, and then he’s on one knee and there’s an opened box in his hand. A gem glitters up at you, illuminated by the candlelight.

“So, baby. Will you marry me?”

Tears prick at your eyes, and you reach up to wipe at them. 

Suddenly, the restaurant floods with light and music blares.

“MY ANACONDA DON’T WANT NONE UNLESS YOU GOT BUNS HUN!”

Both you and Hoshi freeze in shock. Hoshi looks like he’s on the verge of a mental breakdown.

There’s the sound of a muffled thud and the music shuts off. Another thud follows.

“Oh my god, Seungcheol, why did you do that?” comes from the back of the restaurant in a suppressed whisper.

“My finger slipped!”

“How the hell does your finger slip?!”

“Why was Anaconda even there anyways?”

“I took Joshua’s iPod!”

“Why the hell does Josh have Anaconda on his iPod?”

“Everyone shut up! The sound system is on!”

There’s a curse, then a click, then silence.

A hysterical giggle bubbles out of your throat as you catch Hoshi’s eye, and soon both of you are on the ground laughing.

“Oh my god, did that just happen?” you gasp, clutching onto Hoshi.

Hoshi grimaces, but he’s also laughing. “Anaconda, of all songs!”

“That might have been the greatest proposal of all time.”

Hoshi suddenly stills beside you. “And?”

The unspoken question hangs in the air. Will you?

You roll on top of him and smile down at him.

“Well, you certainly do got buns, hun.”

A choked note of laughter spills from Hoshi’s throat.

YES.

Featuring divaBoo, Mingyu as the AMAZING cook and Josh is a savage lol