(GOT7 Mark) Shine Bright Like a Firework

K-Pop One Shot Compilation (WWMBD)
Can i have a scenario with got7 mark??? I'm giving you the power to decide what happens in the story. 😂 I really don't know what i want. I'm just craving a mark scenario.
 
 
Anonymous
 
A

Here you go!

Word Count: 717

---

“Oppa!” you whine, tugging on Mark’s sleeve with all your might. “Hurry up, we’re gonna be LATE!”
“Calm down, bae,” is all you get in return. “The fireworks don’t start until 11pm. We have plenty of time.”
You pout at Mark, displeased. 
“Everything - all the guides I’ve read - have said that these fireworks are special and that many people come from all over the world to watch them and that you have to get there at least 2 hours in advance to get a good place to watch and I really wanna beat Jackson and Youngji and…” you whine, all your thoughts coming out in a long run-on sentence in a poor attempt on trying to convince Mark that he had to HURRY!

Mark, curse him, didn’t even have the decency to look flustered, instead swinging an arm over your shoulder and pulling you into the crook of his arm. 
“I’m sure we’ll be fine, bae. Worst case scenario, Jacks is gonna have to save us a spot.”
You swore he was just doing this to irk you. His eyes were definitely twinkling, goddamn the kid.

“Mark!” (and gone were the honorifics) “If we’re actually late because of you and  have to suffer through JACKSON, god help me, I will freaking END you!”
Thankfully (for him), Mark had the decency to stop laughing. 
“We’ll do fine. Trust, baby.”

You actually get there in time for the fireworks, which has you in a happy mood already - you were pretty much certain that you guys were ridiculously late - and Mark picks out his friends from the crowd. You, on the other hand, being… not as tall, heard them before you saw them.

“AYYYYYY! LOOK AT OUR HAPPY COUPLE! YOU GUYS ACTUALLY AREN’T LATE FOR ONCE!”
Enter Jackson, drawing attention from everywhere as always.
Behind him followed Youngji, slapping his back and looking like she wanted to punch the living daylights out of him (seriously, that girl is a saint for putting up with JACKSON all that time.)
“Shut up, Wang Jackson, you’re embarrassing and everyone’s looking at us!” Youngji hisses, punching him again, ignoring the wounded look on his face.
She then turns to the two of you, smiling sweetly. 
“Sorry about that, guys. We’re just setting up camp near the fence over - there.” Youngji points towards a pile of bags piled sloppily near the fence separating land from the water in the park. “BamBam and Yugyeom went to get snacks and the others should be at our spot. Go get settled in,” she makes shooing motions with her hands, “we’ll be there shortly!”

“Thanks, Youngji.” Mark grins, entwining your fingers with his as he spoke. “Good luck with Jackson, by the way.” Youngji rolls her eyes at him and disappears into the crowd of people.

You’re all settled in and lying comfortably on Mark’s chest with a bag of chips (thanks, BamBam and Yugyeom) when the announcer announces the start of the fireworks. The lights explode into the air and colour the dark night sky, some twirling in spirals, some shattering into millions of sparks and falling from the sky in a glorious glowing waterfall. The crackling fireworks blaze a line of light into the sky, lighting up the sky.

You’re brought out of your reverie by a tap on your shoulder by Mark, and when you turn around, he’s smiling at you.
“You know, this show reminds me of you,” he grins.
“How so?” you ask, and suddenly the explosions in the background sound like background music to your moment here, a glorious song to match a glorious moment.
“When I kiss you, I see fireworks. But those fireworks are much prettier.” he whispers with what seems like an attempt at a straight face, but the quirk of his lips ruins his facade.
“Well, there’s no rule against kissing at the fireworks,” you say, keeping your poker face intact (or trying to) as you lean in.
“Oh really now?” It’s a question, but it comes out as a statement the way he says it.
“Really.” you say, and then your lips touch.

Dimly, you hear catcalls from the boys in the background, and someone (JACKSON, it’s definitely Jackson) yells “get a room!”

But Mark’s right - you do feel fireworks.

And you wouldn’t trade it for the world.