(BTS RapMon) The Female Monster

K-Pop One Shot Compilation (WWMBD)
Q
Hi! Can I request a Rapmon scenario where you're the rapper of your group (you're an idol) and you and Rapmon were guests in a show then the mcs told you to do a rap battle then you start with "I'm so sorry for what I'm about to say.I'm just a big fan." And end with "Namjoon, you got no jams."
 
 
Anonymous
 
A

Hello~ I finally found an idea to write, so I wrote this while waiting in line for a ride at Disney (it took 2 hours)
Sorry for physically murdering the rap (I can write poems, raps not so much)

Word Count: 1080

--

You breathe in, then exhale, like you’ve already done so many times before as a calming exercise. 

This time, though, it fails to calm you, like it had so many times before.

You’re nervous, really nervous, and you’re pretty sure that everyone currently located within a 20meter radius could notice.
Today you were guesting on Weekly Idol, which was like a rite of passage for all budding idols ever to brave the industry. You think briefly that the butterflies in your stomach would probably stopped fluttering- or at least, stopped fluttering like hummingbirds- if the rest of your group were here with you. Sadly, your company had booked this “New Year’s Special” with only rappers from- and you quote the CEO- “the newest and most recognized groups in the kpop industry as of today. You’ll be able to meet many sunbaes and learn a lot of skills from this experience.” 

Well, the CEO had apparently forgotten to calculate the factor that many of the rappers from the “most recognized groups” had many other schedules, which led to you to where you were right now- in the same room as RapMonster from BTS, you representing the “new groups” and him representing the “recognized groups”. 
What made the situation 10 times more awkward was that you had voiced  out your admiration for BTS before, (okay, gushed over them… you were a hardcore fangirl…) told many people in the industry that RapMon was your ideal type and wowed the crowd with your (stalker) knowledge of BTS in general. One more thing- you’ve never even met him in person before.

“Okay, guys, 5 minutes until we start filming! Everyone do a last run through the information!” And there was the countdown.

This was going to be embarrassing or EMBARRASSING. There was no other way.

You’re finished with Random Play Dance, Profile Rewrite and Idol Call Call Call before the writers call for a break. After rehydrating yourself and straightening out your outfit, you are finally calm enough to process that you actually made it through the first 2 hours of filming without wanting to crawl into a hole and die- either Doni and Coni were waiting for the right moment to pounce, or they weren’t aware of your past fangirling self. You prayed to every god you knew that it was the latter.

You’re snapped out of your thoughts by a scriptwriter tapping your shoulder and informing you politely that “The MCs and RapMonster-ssi want you to go over and go over the script with them to prepare for the next segments.”

Bowing to the writer-unnie, you hurry quickly towards the group that was waiting. As you approach, RapMonster looks up and as your eyes meet, you feel yourself flush. 
“Here’s our budding rapper,” he smiles and you know that your face had just spontaneously combusted.
“H-Hi, I mean hello, RapMonster-ssi, I mean sunbaenim…” You stutter, unable to form coherent words.
“No need to be so formal,” his gaze finds yours again and he suddenly grins like a little kid. “Especially if you know more about me than I do myself.” 
“I’m sorry!” you squeak. “I’m just a really huge fan and-”
“No worries. It’s cute to see someone so dedicated to something. Just be yourself on air.” he cuts your sentence off. “I won’t mind what you come up with.”

The staff choose that moment to call out orders to resume filming, and RapMonster walks off, leaving you standing there, dazed.

In retrospect, you believe that what happened during the break was to blame for what happened next. You blame RapMon’s charms for everything.

At the end of recording, during the ending of the last segment, the MCs ask you to conclude the episode with a freestyle rap to show the audience what they could expect from you as a rapper. Still half dazed, you open your mouth and:

“I’m so sorry for what I’m about to say.
I’m just a big fan.
Being on Weekly Idol just made my day
Nothing can ruin it, man

The feels here be so damn good
I’m full of “Happiness” like Red Velvet
I’d totally come again if I could
If you’d arrange that I’d be in your debt

Doni and Coni are such nice MCs
I’m enjoying myself, as you can see
I’ll end this now, while I still can
BTW Namjoon, you got no jams”

You died of embarrassment. The end.

Haha, no, not really.
Your rap leaves the entire studio in silence for a few seconds before everyone explodes into laughter. You sink down onto your heels, rocking back and forth because ohmygod, you did not just say that and could everybody just forget you said that and just god.

In the midst of the chaos in the studio, your eyes find RapMonster’s again and he discreetly mouths the words “great job.” Just like that, the shooting ends and the stylist-unnies come and drag you away, red cheeks and all.

After the filming, you meet RapMonster again in the corridors while waiting for your ride (you swear fate just won’t let you go.)
“I’m sorry!” you sputter before he can get a word in. “I wasn’t thinking when I rapped and I’m sorry if you found it offensive and I know that it was disrespectful and so I’m sorry!”
“It’s really fine, don’t worry about it - I’m impressed if anything, most idols don’t know about the jams thing.” RapMonster says, waving a hand dismissively. “Your freestyle rap was very good considering the circumstances and you’re witty. Throw in the whole fangirl thing and I think you’d fit in we’ll with the boys.”
It takes a second for that statement to sink in, and then you wonder if you’ve heard wrong.
“Are you saying what I think you’re saying?” you question, because you must have misunderstood- it sounded like he just invited you over to meet your favorite idols.

He had.
“You could come over sometime you have no schedule.” he shrugs. “We’ve finished promos so we’re pretty free lately. I’m sure you’d enjoy teasing Jimin with the jams thing. Maybe we could watch Weekly Idol together?”
“Yes! I mean, if it doesn’t bother you, sunbaenim. I would love to…” You trail off awkwardly, awaiting his reaction.

You’re not disappointed.

“Weekly idol it is then!” RapMonster exclaims, grinning. “I wonder how that last part’ll come out?”

(You smile as well, a huge grin that splits your face because hey, you’re kind of wondering too.)