(BTS RapMon) Radio Show Converse

K-Pop One Shot Compilation (WWMBD)

Word count: 1033

———

“Ladies and gentlemen,” you said dramatically, waving your arms at the camera you were holding in your left hand, “welcome to...”

“On Cloud 9!” your group chorused, and afterwards fell into a fit of giggles.

CLOUD9, the 5-member group you were the leader of, was a budding girl group that was slowly gaining popularity within the past few months. In response to this, and the fans’ insistence, you had started a show, which was basically an excuse for the five of you to eat and laugh and do silly things together on camera. 

Your group’s self-camera show had exploded in popularity since the day the first episode was released, and CLOUD9 was now known internet-wide as the chillest, most playful celebrities in the k-pop industry. There were even rumours that other idols watched it too, for the laughs and to see your genuinely fun personalities.

Today, you were going to go out to eat samgyeopsal as a group, and you had chosen your favourite, never-before-seen-on-tv white t-shirt and red converse just for the occasion. You wore them all the time when you went out, as they were just your style, but this was the first time you would wear them on an episode of On Cloud 9.

——

Hoseok and Taehyung had pulled up a youtube video on a laptop and were excitedly calling for the other members to join them in crowding around the screen to watch during a break in their dance practice. 

When most of the members were ready, they started watching the episode, which started with a nice intro and laughter, plus an explanation on what they were going to do today.

"CLOUD9 mukbang, huh? Can't wait to see it!"

"Shh, I can't hear what she's saying!"

"What are you watching?" Namjoon walked over, drinking another gulp of water before leaning over Jimin's shoulder to watch with them.

Tae turned to glance at him while answering. "On Cloud 9, do you know it? We've been watching it since last month, they release episodes like twice a week.”

"They just posted this one an hour ago and it already has so many views! It must be a really good one, then."

"What're they going to do in this one?"
"Mukbang, I think, but.. OH! Samgyeopsal! They're eating meat~"
"Ah, makes me hungry."
"We'll eat well tomorrow, guys, after the schedule we have."
"Let's hope so."
"Where are we going tomorrow?"
"Radio show, I think."
"Radio show? Niiice. Wanna trade parts again, Yoongi hyung?"
"Shut up, brat."
"Ahh, love you too."

Namjoon was having fun listening to his group members' conversation while simultaneously trying to hear what CLOUD9 were saying in their video.
One girl caught his eye in particular, because she was wearing.. what looked like a white shirt and red converse. Just like he'd written in his rap. 

He almost laughed out loud; it was such a huge coincidence, and surely CLOUD9's leader couldn't have spent time listening to a tiny album song like Miss Right. Right? She was pretty, too, and his lyrics kept coming back to him subconsciously.

그래 청 반바지와 흰 티에 컨버스 하이 하나
That makes me wanna party on your body

Just in jeans, a white tee and converse high tops
That makes me wanna party on your body

Bangtan spent the rest of their short break time watching the video, and then went to sleep as early as they could to make sure they'd be functional during the radio appearance.

——

Namjoon stepped into the elevator, humming to himself as he fixed his hair under a beanie. He'd already gone upstairs and put down his stuff with the rest of the Bangtan members, but he'd had to go to the washroom, which had brought him back downstairs.

The elevator doors opened, and he started to step out, when he ran almost face-first into a girl, which brought him to his senses -- this was the third floor, not the twelfth.

He sheepishly stepped back in, apologizing profusely a couple of times before the elevator fell into silence. Namjoon turned his head down to look at the floor, embarrassed to have made such a stupid mistake, which was why he noticed that the girl in the elevator next to him was wearing red converse. Huh.

When he finally looked up, he was momentarily shocked; it was you, the leader of CLOUD9, here in the flesh!

"Uh, hi! You're in CLOUD9, right?"

You nodded, starting to smile. “And you’re Rap Monster of Bangtan Boys.” You were wearing a different outfit today, obviously, but you'd kept the converse just because they were so comfortable. "I'm a host on this show when we have time between comebacks. What brings you here?"

"I.. think we're going to be on your show." He laughed, grinning at you from across the elevator.

"Oh." You looked at your scuffed shoes in a feeble attempt to hide your blush, but couldn't bite back the small smile that crept onto your lips. Kim Namjoon of Bangtan Boys.. He was a lot kinder and more awkward in real life, actually. It was kind of endearing. "I can't wait, I guess~"

That made him smile even more, and he seemed to think for a moment before he continued, "I saw your On Cloud 9 yesterday, that samgyeosal looked really good."

You laughed. "It was good, I wish you'd been there to try it."

"Yeah, maybe we can go, just the two of us, next time.”

And then, realizing that what he'd just said might be an invitation to a date, he was about to try and cover it up and go past it, fearing that you might think he was weird for asking such a question the first time the two of you had met, but you actually did something unexpected.

"I'd love that, thanks." The elevator doors opened, and the two of you stepped out. You thought for a split second, weighing the consequences, before you looped your hands around his neck and pecked him on the cheek, blushing madly as you hurried away.

He stood there in the hallway for long moments after, laughing incredulously. He'd maybe ask for your number after the show. Yeah, that was a good idea.

He had a date!