Ch. [28]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun panted loudly as he threw his body to the grass, feeling his whole self start to deteriorate slowly. “Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae called out, quickly going to the other to try to find out how he could actually help him. “Kyuhyun! Are you alright?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed out deeply, feeling his muscles contract painfully around his bones. “Where’s your sister?” He asked with a hoarse voice.

 

Hyukjae suppressed the feeling or rejection and shook his head. “I don’t know,” he admitted. “She said she would go and get something that belonged to you but I-” Hyukjae covered his face with his hands. “What am I doing?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and reached his hand for the other, pulling him against his body for the both of them to lie on the grass. “It’s alright, Hyukjae,” he said, kissing his forehead. “I’ll explain everything, I promise.”

 

Hyukjae cried loudly, holding onto Kyuhyun firmly as he let out that feeling of frustration he was holding in all the time. He had always been the useless one, the tool. No one had ever minded in telling him what was going on with his family and he had to rely on himself to just defend his ideals.

 

Now he realized how he knew nothing. How he had always made things worse.

 

“Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun called as he caressed the other’s hair softly, cupping his cheeks in his hands to look at him firmly. “I need your help, you cannot break down right now, do you understand?”

 

Hyukjae felt his heart beat erratically and he had to control his own trembling to nod slowly.

 

“Good,” Kyuhyun said, holding Hyukjae firmly. “I’ll guide you out from here, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to fight anymore. I’ll have to depend on you and just you,” he said, pointing at the mansion and the guards already looking for them. “Your sister is probably still in there…, we need to take her out.”

 

Hyukjae nodded quickly. “What do I have to do?” He asked, looking into Kyuhyun’s dark eyes.

 

“Look,” Kyuhyun sighed softly, looking up the sky. “I’ll go to her and bring her out, but you need to go out too, I’m not strong enough as to take you too…”

 

Hyukjae shook his head. “My father will find me,” he said. “He’ll kill me.”

 

“He won’t,” Kyuhyun assured, sitting up and pulling Hyukjae closer for a soft kiss. “There’s someone waiting for you outside, so wait for us, I’ll be there in just a few minutes, alright?”

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip before nodding slowly. “Take care,” he said, watching how Kyuhyun wasn’t well. He was weak and thin. The whole month he was caged, Kyuhyun wasn’t able to have a proper meal because to the prisoners that the Lees wanted to keep alive, were only given the less necessary for them to keep breathing and nothing more.

 

It was night and Kyuhyun would be able to gather enough energy to get Sora out of there. “We’ll meet again,” Kyuhyun said, caressing Hyukjae’s cheek before kissing his lips firmly. “And you’ll be mine from then on.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun, wanting to say something more before the other disappeared in the shadows. He looked down at his hands, they were trembling in fear and panic. What if something went wrong? What was everything about and why everyone seemed to know something but he didn’t?

 

Breathing in and out deeply, Hyukjae stood up, gasping when he heard the guards and soldiers from his father approaching him. He turned around, behind him was a small forest that served as the limits of the mansion and he frowned determined. He had to go out of there soon or he wouldn’t be able to be as fast as Kyuhyun.

 

He ran through the trees, into the darkness. Hyukjae had long lost his face mask and he could feel the breeze of the night hit against his injured cheek. It didn’t hurt anymore.

 

Finally reaching the limits, Hyukjae had to hide himself. There were almost two hundred guards in there and even if he was strong, most of them had force shields that protected them in battle and Hyukjae wouldn’t be able to go through them.

 

Stopping for only a few seconds, Hyukjae looked back to see if he could find another way out.

 

There were more guards and soldiers running after him. “Oh lord…,” Hyukjae had never imagined going against his own family, much less for someone from the Cho’s.

 

He closed his eyes for a second and gathered all his energy and concentration, looking at the huge wall that marked the limits of the mansion.

 

Placing a foot back and one ahead, Hyukjae posed for him to be able to break the wall. If he could only run through it without being noticed, then that would be great. But there was only a small door in there and even if he wanted to, it was impossible to go through it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter