Ch. [07]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Cho’s ally. Hyukjae sighed deeply as he placed himself in an offensive pose. “And, start!”

 

The boy was from class C. Hyukjae really had no idea who he was before the competition, but as soon as he saw his name on the list, he made a quick researched and found out the boy could turn into a Dragon. “I hope you’re ready.”

 

Hyukjae pursed his lips tightly, trying to not let himself feel intimidated by the way a Dragon appeared in front of him. He couldn’t lie though. Hyukjae had imagined it would be gigantic. Instead, it wasn’t bigger than a two stored house. “Are you serious?” He laughed for himself before avoiding a fire attack. “Bad choice.”

 

Hyukjae wasn’t going to even use his powers. He had decided to reserve his energy until the very end. Making his way towards the other, Hyukjae threw his body towards the other, hitting him as hard as he could against the other’s stomach.

 

The Dragon didn’t seem to even care as he spat fire all over Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae didn’t even have a scratch from it.

 

A ball of air came from behind Hyukjae, directing itself directly towards the dragon until it hit it far away from them, almost taking a few more contestants with him.

 

The impact against one of the walls of the arena was so strong, that the Dragon fell unconscious and slowly turned into a human once more.

 

It was disappointing, though. Because Hyukjae didn’t want to use his powers but he had no other choice with it. The cheers didn’t take long to appear as Hyukjae won and it was almost for sure everyone was fighting only for him, since other battles resulted quite boring at everyone’s eyes.

 

The referee determined his opponent couldn’t continue and so, Hyukjae passed to the next round easily.

 

………………………….

 

“Hey…,” Kyuhyun looked at the girl in front of him. “Hey, you.”

 

The girl looked up with an annoyed face. She had been in her notepad for the whole while and as soon as she saw who her opponent was, she gasped loudly. “I GIVE UP! I GIVE UP!” She raised her hands, unconsciously letting his gadget fall to the ground.

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow and turned towards the referee, who just sighed and declared Kyuhyun the winner.

 

Kyuhyun was one of the 64 that passed to the next round of his own block. This is so lame. He walked to the side of the arena to keep on waiting for his next fight.

 

Disappointing. Because the next round was against Taemin and the little boy simply smiled and gave up. “So hyung! Let’s go something to drink together!” He chirped happily, gaining a few gasps of horror from the audience.

 

Kyuhyun frowned. Taemin’s unconscious act of friendship made the families know there was something wrong. “Make them forget what you just did, Taemin,” Kyuhyun said dangerously. “All of them.”

 

“Why would I-” Taemin stood quiet as he saw some of his own family members standing up, actually just going towards him to teach him the lesson no one had done before. Now they had the perfect excuse for them to kill him mercilessly. Being ally to a Cho made him a traitor. “Only the Lee’s,” he finally said, fully knowing he didn’t have so much power for the entire audience.

 

“Good enough,” Kyuhyun nodded. “My family is not that bad.”

 

Taemin raised his eyebrow but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, Kyuhyun was leaving his side already.

 

Taemin pouted and sighed deeply, dedicating himself to canalize his own powers.

 

Kyuhyun sat down, waiting for the next round. He was into the 32 next participants of his block. Only a few more fights would lead him to the final round.

 

He was lucky, though. Because it was Taemin his opponent this time. He was sure from then on, the battles would be way heater and even more aggressive.

 

The arena was now divided into only eight sections, so that the space would be bigger for each battle and everyone could use their powers more freely than before.

 

He had already reviewed the Lee’s battles. So far, the one who had fought the most was Hyukjae. He had gone against the dragon boy and another Cho ally who Kyuhyun thought was stronger but was firmly disappointed when he went against Hyukjae. Sungmin’s first round was against a class B, neutral student who lost almost instantly and the Lee didn’t have to use his powers to win. His second round was him only frowning and causing the girl that went against him soaked. She was Amber, who had the power to create and manipulate fire. Strong, of course, but not enough as to go against Lee Sungmin. Donghae though, seemed to be having fun. His first opponent was of course, a Lee ally, who gave up gladly against him. His second opponent was a neutral student who had the power of becoming a d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter