Ch. [21]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun looked up at the ceiling of his room and sighed. He had taken Taemin to the infirmary for him to rest and although he wanted to be there for the other when he woke up, it wasn’t safe for the smaller still being a Lee.

 

It had been already a week since he hasn’t gone to look for Hyukjae and the last time, he made sure to erase any trace of him in the other’s body. He closed his eyes, trying to perceive something about Hyukjae, even knowing that he would fall miserably.

 

He sighed deeply, opening his eyes as he shook his head for himself. It was a little boring, to be like that. He felt as if he had nothing to do and for a second, he even thought about going to get Taemin to play with him before remembering the other was already exhausted and wanted to know nothing about Cho Kyuhyun anymore for just a few weeks.

 

Kyuhyun groaned lowly and turned around over his stomach, laying down with his arms and legs spread widely, closing his eyes.

 

It was dark already and it looked like it was going to rain. Kyuhyun sighed once more as he sat up and looked through the window, closing his eyes to feel how it was the outside like.

 

There were clouds covering the academy and the light that reflected the moon was hidden behind them.

 

It was a great day for Kyuhyun to go outside.

 

…………………………..

 

Hyukjae came back from Sungmin’s room, stepping closer to his bed and not wanting to rest just yet as he took off his clothes and put on more comfortable ones. He stretched his neck and arms before closing his eyes, breathing in and out deeply to calm himself. “Alright,” he told to himself. “I can do this,” he smiled.

 

Hyukjae raised his hands slightly, his fingers dancing with the wind as he tried to perceive the flow of his own blood.

 

If you can’t control your own body, how do you expect to control someone else’s?

 

Kyuhyun’s words were loud and clear in his head and he pursed his lips as he couldn’t dare himself to control is own flow. What if he couldn’t and failed? He hasn’t been able to do so ever since the incident with Taemin. He didn’t dare to do that to himself.

 

“Calm the down, Hyukjae,” he told to himself, trying to focus on the flow of his blood, the beat of his heart, the way it pumped the red liquid to every part of his own body.

 

He frowned determined, clenching his fists firmly before trying it with himself.

 

“You have to be calm before you try it,” Hyukjae gasped loudly and turned around.

 

He could feel his heart beat extremely fast and he clenched his fists in order for the other to not notice how anxious he had become.

 

Kyuhyun’s face was serious and Hyukjae wasn’t sure what to say or do. The last days he had been cursing the man and telling his cousins he would kill him as he actually thought about it seriously. “You need to breathe properly or you’ll get your emotions interfering with your powers,” Kyuhyun said serious as he stepped closer, taking Hyukjae’s hands and stretching his fingers gently. “Relax.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun before looking down. He bit his lower lip tightly as he relaxed his fingers, though his heart was still beating madly.

 

“Breath in and out deeply,” Kyuhyun commanded before letting go of Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes and nodded, doing as he was told so.

 

It took Hyukjae long minutes to be able to breathe properly once more. It didn’t work at all, because as soon as he remembered Kyuhyun was there, his heart was starting to pound once more and he groaned in annoyance. “I can’t do this!” He finally gave up, throwing his hair to the air before running his fingers through his hair in frustration, looking at Kyuhyun. “I can’t…,” he repeated defeated.

 

“You’re just not calm enough.” Kyuhyun said. “You need to trust your own powers. You’re strong.”

 

Hyukjae couldn’t keep it for himself anymore. “Why are you here?”

 

“You can’t control yourself,” Kyuhyun said as he stepped closer once more, cupping Hyukjae’s cheeks firmly to make the smaller look up at him intently. “I won’t let you hurt yourself, I promise.”

 

Hyukjae looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

It looked so sincere he wanted to believe it. “How could I trust a Cho?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled softly and leaned closer, ghosting his lips against Hyukjae’s. “You never trust a Cho,” he said. “I’m training you for you to stay alive after we both fight with our own family when the pact ends.”

 

Hyukjae gasped softly, his hands going up to hold onto Kyuhyun’s arms. “I’ll lose, if we fight.”

 

“That’s what I’m trying to avoid,” Kyuhyun said, smiling softly before placing a soft kiss on Hyukjae’s lips. “Are you ready?”

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes as he felt himself shiver at the intensity of the simple kiss. It lasted too little and when Kyuhyun backed aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter