Ch. [09]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae’s block was next, and although he was in the first section, they weren’t the first ones to start fighting. The boy that was going against him, was from a neutral family and he was there, and then he wasn’t. As if wanting to make Hyukjae know how fast and how powerful he could be.

 

The referee announced the start point and Hyukjae placed himself in a defensive manner because the other boy suddenly disappeared.

 

Instinct was never Hyukjae’s strong point. He looked around, carefully checking for clues that would make him know where the other was going to appear.

 

A harsh punch against his abdomen was the clue Hyukjae had, but not the one he wanted.

 

There was a loud gasp from the audience and Hyukjae didn’t want more of that. He couldn’t breathe properly and he felt slightly dizzy. He was punched harshly, even harder that anyone would think of a slackly boy as the one that was now smirking in front of him. “You didn’t expect that, did you?” he asked arrogantly.

 

He disappeared before Hyukjae had the chance to answer. But Hyukjae was fast. He set the entire section on fire, so that when the boy appeared again to punch him, he got burnt.

 

Screaming, the boy disappeared again and again until he was so hurt that he couldn’t move and his clothes started burning. “You didn’t expect that, did you?” Hyukjae mocked him, now covering him in water. The arena was still on fire so the water evaporated, making the boy’s skin burn even harder.

 

He disappeared once more and appeared out of the section.

 

The referee announced Hyukjae as the winner when he saw the boy had no intentions on coming into the burning arena once more. Hyukjae stopped the fire and smiled, giving a quick glance at the audience and just seeing his father give an appreciation nod. He turned down and saw Sungmin and Donghae smiling widely at him, cheering softly.

 

Turning around, his eyes met Kyuhyun’s.

 

And both smiled at each other.

 

…………………………………

 

Kyuhyun walked into his section. It was the same one Hyukjae had fought before and he saw some pieces of burnt clothes the other’s opponent had left before. “How messy,” he chuckled and shook his head in disapproval.

 

Turning up, his opponent was a girl. She was from his own class and had the power of vitality absorption.

 

All her opponents had given up because they were all afraid she would take their lives away. “Hey, Kyuhyun,” the girl greeted. She was a Lee ally, which made her an annoying opponent.

 

Kyuhyun would have to use his powers. “Hello, Dara. It’s been a while.”

 

“Bow to each other,” the referee instructed and they did as they were told. “You know all the rules, start!” The referee announced and jumped out of the section to see the battle carefully.

 

“Will you give up?” Dara asked, smirking. She wasn’t using her powers. Kyuhyun knew that because her eyes changed color when it happened and they became completely dark, without a single millimeter white.

 

“Of course not,” Kyuhyun smiled. “What’s more, I think you’re the one who will give up.”

 

“Don’t you think I’m instructed to take as much of you as possible?” Dara asked. “It’s the only day of the year I’m allowed to use my power in this damn school.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “Try it,” he dared, as a cloud of dense darkness went up from the ground, just covering up their ankles. Dara let out a loud gasp when he felt how the darkness held her, as if it had hands. “Just remember that while you take my life away, I can take yours.”

 

Dara looked at the man in front of her, frowning deeply. “You can’t kill me, but I can,” she said firmly. “I can take away as much as you as to only last a few hours. I won’t kill you in battle but it’s not against the rules to die after it.”

 

“I won’t kill you,” Kyuhyun said. “I said I would take away your life, but I didn’t mean killing.” He stepped closer. “I meant taking your soul out of your body to use it.”

 

Dara gasped as she felt the darkness crawling up her legs. “Y-You can’t do that!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “Ah, you got me,” he laughed loudly again. “But then again, you can’t take my life away either,” he smirked. “Because my vitality is hidden deep in the dark. It doesn’t exist for you to see. Just try it.”

 

And so she did. He eyes became completely dark as she saw Kyuhyun. But nothing changed and she was draining her own energy mercilessly. The audience didn’t know exactly what happened. Kyuhyun was only standing there as if nothing happened, with a cloud of dark matter on their feet and a girl looking at him angrily.

 

The girl hadn’t even managed to control her own power, Kyuhyun decided. Because she had to use a tremendous amount of energy to take one’s life and get her back. She could be immortal, if she wished, but she was definitely not strong.

 

Kyuhyun stepped closer with a smirk on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter