Ch. [13]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will he be alright?” Hyukjae could hear Sungmin’s voice.

 

“He will, don’t worry,” was that his father’s voice?

 

“It’s been five days already,” now it was Donghae’s, he was sure of it.

 

Hyukjae wanted to open his eyes, but he couldn’t even do that. His eyes were so heavy that even with all the strength he had, he couldn’t make his eyelids go up. He wanted to sigh, but he couldn’t even bring himself to. After a while of trying, Hyukjae decided he could do nothing about it but only stay quiet until there was a little more energy running through his body.

 

He could hear the conversation his family was having. By the way they were all talking, they looked happy. What happened? Hyukjae couldn’t even move his lips. “Oh, Siwon, what did you find out?” Was that Sungmin’s father’s voice?

 

Hyukjae wanted to move. No. Siwon had become a traitor after the battle. If it weren’t for him, Hyukjae wouldn’t have to stand so much pain and suffering. He had overexerted himself in a battle he wasn’t ready for. What was he doing there? Why was everyone talking to him? Hyukjae wanted to throw himself towards Siwon and cross his body with his blade.

 

But he couldn’t and the frustration was building up. “He still doesn’t wake up,” Siwon said and Hyukjae focused once more in his voice. Who was he talking about? “He was badly injured…”

 

There was laugh around the room and it was when Hyukjae found out how many people where in there. It couldn’t be his dorm’s room, because there was not enough space for everyone to be in there. He tried to frown, but he couldn’t. He probably was in his own room in his own house. What was he doing there?

 

“Who would have thought so?” Hyukjae’s mother finally spoke. “That Hyukjae would be able to not only take the trophy, but to injure Cho Kyuhyun so much?”

 

Hyukjae’s heart started beating faster than necessary. Cho Kyuhyun? He had won?

 

Now the urge to move and ask was bigger than before. His heart was pounding against his chest horribly and he had that sudden wish to know what had happened to Kyuhyun after the battle.

 

The sword crossed his body.

 

Kyuhyun coughed before smirking softly, looking how Hyukjae’s face was just an inch away from his. “Seems like we have a winner,” he said with a low tune.

 

Hyukjae felt paralyzed. While battling, he really didn’t think about the consequences of his acts. Kyuhyun could have been death and he could have gone against the rules because of that. War could have been started because he wasn’t careful enough. He was aiming to kill Kyuhyun in the battle, but it was against all the principles they had. Instead, he was badly injured, which was actually along the rules of the battle.

 

Hyukjae didn’t have plans for the battle except- .

 

Hyukjae did have a plan for the time he would fight Kyuhyun. He would ask why he said he was the strongest when he wasn’t, clearly. And if he had time, he would have asked why he said Hyukjae was the prettiest as well.

 

Hyukjae knew the answer already; the taller was only playing with his mind mercilessly.

 

It took a huge amount of energy for Hyukjae to finally open his eyes. It didn’t even last two seconds before he closed them again but Donghae told everyone he had woke up. “Hyuk! Are you alright?” Sungmin asked, gently caressing his cousin’s forehead.

 

Hyukjae wanted to say he was fine, although he clearly wasn’t, but the only thing he could do gathering all his strength was to open his eyes once more.

 

Everything was blurry at his eyes and he felt dizzy. Trying to focus on his own body, he found out he couldn’t feel his legs and his arms were dumb. He couldn’t even move. “It’s alright Hyukkie, we’re all here, you did great,” Donghae said, and although Hyukjae couldn’t see clearly, it was obvious he had a great smile on his face.

 

“Rest, Hyukjae. You have to be transferred to the school’s infirmary right after waking up,” Hyukjae’s father said and Hyukjae looked at him. He wanted to at least hum, but he couldn’t. He closed his eyes again, feeling completely exhausted. “I’m proud of you, son.”

 

It was the last words Hyukjae heard before his consciousness left his body.

 

……………………………

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly. He closed them again as he went through all he was going. He had an oxygen mask on his face and he could feel his wound still frozen from the ice Hyukjae used before to stab him.

 

He was in a warm room, maybe warmer of what he had wished from the start, but he was sure they all wanted to make him feel better. It was obvious the wound would be kept frozen because the ice Hyukjae used wasn’t cold at all. It was just water solidified and although everyone wanted to believe other things, he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter