Ch. [04]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae bit his lower lip slightly. He held his own odachi sword tightly as he watched and heard how the swords were colliding against each other. He looked how Kyuhyun seemed to never lose strength while Donghae was already tired. Still, their movements were precise and concise. “Hae is getting tired,” Sungmin said as he frowned deeply.

 

“He’s strong,” Hyukjae said, biting his lower lip harder.

 

Kyuhyun was strong, maybe even more of what he had though. Anyone who would have gotten in between the fight would be death in just a second. Every time they raised their swords was meant to kill the other mercilessly.

 

They took a few seconds to catch their breath, and the coach didn’t seem to want to stop the fight. Both were fast and agile, but Donghae had a lot more of technique. Kyuhyun was stronger. Hyukjae stared at him, at the way he smirked and how his black hair stuck against his sweaty pale skin. He frowned, he didn’t look as tired as his own cousin and he was starting to get worried that it would get too serious.

 

Kyuhyun turned towards him and their eyes met.

 

Hyukjae didn’t turn away. He looked back at Kyuhyun. He had big eyes. Black, deep, big eyes.

 

It was threatening.

 

Kyuhyun gave him a small smile before turning once more towards Donghae and attacking with all his energy.

 

Hyukjae looked down at his fist holding his sword. It was almost 130 centimeters and he was sure he could manipulate it firmly and clearly with all his training. “What would happen if I get into the fight?”

 

Sungmin turned towards Hyukjae and shook his head. “Don’t,” he said firmly. “You could be disqualified for the battle and it’s just in a few weeks… I’m sure Donghae can handle it.”

 

The fight continued. Most of the students were still in awe, looking how fierce it had become and Hyukjae was just waiting for it to get a little rougher for him to have an excuse to jump in. He looked at Kyuhyun and felt himself shiver. He wasn’t scared of Cho. He was just eager to get his sword through his body and cut his body in half.

 

“Do you think he’ll use his second power?”

 

Hyukjae gasped and looked behind him. There were girls gossiping on his back and he frowned. “Who has a second power?” he asked firmly, making the girls turn up scared.

 

They were both from the Cho allies, who also had sworn not to harm if not harmed. “I-I-”

 

“I asked a question,” Hyukjae frowned. “Nicely,” he completed.

 

The girls looked at each other and pointed at Kyuhyun. “It’s just a rumor… that he has two powers.”

 

“But no one has seen it yet,” the taller girl said quickly. “Even his darkness manipulation hasn’t been seen by everyone!”

 

“Two powers, huh?” Hyukjae frowned deeply. “What’s that second ability, do you know?”

 

The girls shook their head. “It must be too powerful,” the first one said, nodding. “Since he doesn’t talk about it. Only the family knows what it does.”

 

That was new information. Hyukjae had the job to make Kyuhyun unable to fight in the future when the pact of no harm finished and he was sure he wouldn’t be able to do so if he didn’t have any idea of what he could actually do with his powers.

 

He turned towards the fight once more. It was becoming way too aggressive. It was obvious they wanted to kill each other and Kyuhyun didn’t seem to be tired at all. “Ming, I have to stop it,” he urged his cousin.

 

“We can’t,” Sungmin said, looking up to the small windows that showed it was darkening already, gasping softly. “Hyuk, is getting late.”

 

Hyukjae looked up quickly, scared. Night meant Kyuhyun was stronger, that’s why he wasn’t getting too tired. He got stronger as it was darker and soon, Donghae would be too tired to keep on fighting as Kyuhyun became stronger.

 

It was the first time Hyukjae actually took the time to watch Kyuhyun fighting. Usually, his opponents would give up as soon as he arrived and he would end up alone because the coach wouldn’t find another opponent for him. This time though, was the very first they actually took training so seriously. He was clearly precise in all his movements and for a few seconds, Hyukjae could see him smirking, as if enjoying it.

 

“CHANGE!” The coach screamed loudly and Hyukjae took out all the air he was holding.

 

Donghae and Kyuhyun stayed looking at each other, not moving but also not giving up. “Alright, the two of you, roll around,” the coach instructed firmly, placing himself in between the two other males.

 

Donghae gave one last glance at Kyuhyun before walking away. He arrived to where Hyukjae and Sungmin were and gave them a soft smile. “I need some air,” he said smiling.

 

Hyukjae left out a loud laugh. “Hae, you’re so tired,” he shook his head. “Are you sure you’re strong enough as to fight Cho?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter