Ch. [24]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Kyuhyun came into the Cho’s mansion, three slaves came in to serve him, following him diligently, just waiting for orders. “Call my father,” he ordered and one of them quickly went to do as he was told as the other two kept on following Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun came into his room, one of the slaves opening the door for him. He stepped in and raised his hands for him to be undressed. “Prepare my fighting suit,” he ordered and it took only three minutes for him to be completely armed with everything he could use.

 

His fighting suit was nothing but a well-designed suit that allowed him to move freely and to carry on different kind of weapons, just in case he would fight someone who could steal his powers or they didn’t react to them.

 

“I heard there’s chaos in the Lee’s mansion,” Kyuhyun turned to look at his father as he opened one of the multiple closets he had in his huge room, revealing a huge variety of blades.

 

“They took Victoria and Henry,” Kyuhyun said serious, grabbing three different daggers and a longsword to carry on, placing them expertly in his belt.

 

“You can’t attack, Kyuhyun,” his father warned. “We still have a pact and if you break it, there’ll be war. You know they’ll be prepared for it.”

 

“We’re prepared too,” Kyuhyun said firmly, checking if there was everything ready in his suit before looking at his father.

 

“If you attack, I’ll have to exile you from the family,” Kyuhyun’s father said. “They’ll take this opportunity to kill you.”

 

“They’re savages, father,” Kyuhyun looked up, truly worried. “They’ll torture them and kill Victoria again and again if I don’t get there as soon as possible. They’ll let them go as soon as I’m there and I’ll be able to go out unhurt, I promise.”

 

“Kyuhyun!” Sunggyu came in, already armed. “We’re ready to go,” he informed before giving a look at the head of the family, gasping and deciding to just ruin away.

 

“You’re not taking them with you,” his father said firmly, frowning deeply.

 

“They’re going with me, I’m not taking them,” Kyuhyun said firmly.

 

“I heard they have their own heir prisoner,” Kyuhyun’s father finally said, and he frowned as he saw his son freezing in his spot, looking extremely worried. “What does it have to do with you?”

 

Kyuhyun looked down, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. “I could be my fault,” he confessed. “I’ve been…,” he closed his eyes, trying to calm down. He had wanted to cry and break down as he was told the Lee’s plans for Hyukjae, but he had decided to first take action. “I’ve been seeing him… lately,” he admitted, not looking up at his father.

 

A harsh slap was thrown at him and Kyuhyun fell down the floor, groaning lowly before reincorporating himself, looking at his father in front of him. “HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING?!”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head. “It’s different!” He defended. “I was about to ask him to-”

 

Another slap.

 

“Have you seen Kangin?! How he suffers from that day?!” Kyuhyun’s father was starting to get turned up and Kyuhyun looked around. If he stayed there a little longer, he would be unable to go out because of the army that would soon come alive. “Let’s not even talk about Hankyung,” his father said firmly.

 

“Maybe our mistake is that we don’t allow ourselves to be with them,” Kyuhyun said, wanting to massage his jaw but not daring to do so in front of his family.

 

Kyuhyun’s father frowned deeply. “Don’t bring more suffering to this family, Kyuhyun,” he warned. “If you’ll go either way,” he looked at the windows, sighing deeply. “Bring us what it’s ours.”

 

Kyuhyun gasped and looked up at his father. It was as if he was giving him a chance to go and come back with something precious. “I will, father,” he said. “I’ll bring it safely to its right place.”

 

“Good,” Kyuhyun’s father said before turning around. He stepped away and stopped for a few seconds. “Go away before your ancestors wake up,” he threatened. “I must make sure the Lee’s know attacking you means they’re not attacking the Cho’s and we will not participate in that little battle of yours.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled softly. “I’ll come back,” he promised before the whole room went as dark as his own eyes.

 

Kyuhyun’s father turned around just to see the cloud of darkness disappearing. “Be careful.”

 

…………………………….

 

“AHHHHHHHHH!” Hyukjae thought he was tired of screaming, but he proved himself wrong.

 

“You dared to let a Cho touch you,” his mother was cruel. Way too cruel. She could induce pain in so many different ways that they didn’t necessary needed the torture instruments.

 

“Mother,” Hyukjae called, trying to appeal her Motherly love. “I didn’t-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter