Ch. [22]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you relaxed?” Kyuhyun asked as he stood behind Hyukjae.

 

“Yes,” the other replied as he watched Taemin in front of him. The small male didn’t even seem scared of him and Hyukjae felt guilty for what he had done before.

 

“I’m right here,” Kyuhyun assured.

 

Kyuhyun already knew how to control another person depending on his powers. He knew too much of human physiology that it was scary. He would help Hyukjae in case his powers went out of control. If Hyukjae made Taemin’s blood rush way too quickly, then Kyuhyun would be there to restore it.

 

They were practicing, just as any other night. Hyukjae was now practicing with air. He was going to stop the flow of it from Taemin’s lungs. It couldn’t last too long, Kyuhyun warned before; because oxygen was vital for everyone and cells died if they didn’t get it. Cutting his air supply for more than necessary, could make Taemin lose his fingers, hands or any other vital organ, if not than dying because of suffocation. “Don’t let me alone,” Hyukjae said lowly, almost begging.

 

“I won’t,” Kyuhyun assured once more before Hyukjae nodded, breathing in and out deeply to calm himself. He looked at Taemin and dedicated the smaller a soft smile before closing his eyes.

 

It was now easier to focus, Hyukjae noticed. It was now almost instant to recognize the flow of air. He opened his eyes and looked at Taemin once more. Now it looked only the way the air flowed in his body and Hyukjae raised a hand up, pointing his finger to Taemin as he moved it slowly.

 

Hyukjae could feel how the air was moving and he pointed his finger up slightly. The air had gone out partially from Taemin, causing the other feel like suffocating for a second.

 

Hyukjae felt it.

 

“Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae called as he saw Taemin’s body and knew where exactly was the air flowing. “I can do this,” he whispered, smiling deeply.

 

Closing his eyes once more and opening them again, Hyukjae smiled wider as he was now seeing the way water was flowing all around Taemin’s body. “This is so amazing…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he saw Hyukjae. He turned to look at Taemin, who was confused and just standing there quietly. He had discovered he could control people ever since he was a boy, when his mother told him there was darkness into everyone’s body.

 

Practice ended up nicely and with Hyukjae over excited of his new mastering of his own power.

 

 

“You look really happy today,” Siwon commented as they sat side by side in their combined class. “Did something good happen?”

 

Hyukjae smiled brightly and turned towards the other. “Yes!” he said excitedly. “I learn a new ability!”

 

Siwon smiled, chuckling as he saw Hyukjae’s excitement. “Really?” He asked, truly interested. “What is it?”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and turned around to see everyone busy on their own worlds. He leaned closer to Siwon and waited until the other did so. “I can control people now.”

 

Siwon raised an eyebrow as both of them backed away. “Really?” He asked again. “How?”

 

“Did you know the human body is 70% water?” Hyukjae asked. “It’s flowing in and out our body’s cells. It controls almost everything. If I can control the flow, I can control practically everything.”

 

Siwon stood quiet. That was something Kyuhyun would say, not Hyukjae. “Hyuk,” he called serious. “You have to stop seeing Kyuhyun.”

 

Hyukjae froze at Siwon’s words before he turned around to see if someone else heard. He turned towards Siwon, terrified. “W-What?”

 

Siwon sighed. “Hyukkie, believe me,” he said. “He can master everything in this world. He knows too much about everything. He’s too dangerous for you to be by his side.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Siwon, how the other looked so worried about him. “Won,” he called. “I’m fine…,” he said. “I’ve been taught how to defend myself, believe me.”

 

“No,” Siwon said. “You haven’t, Hyukjae,” he said serious. “Because you still see Kyuhyun every night. If your family hears about this, they can kill you for treason.”

 

“This is not permanently,” Hyukjae said, more terrified than before. “I’m just learning so I can protect my own family.”

 

“He’s teaching you so he can have a complete control over your powers!” Siwon exclaimed, still not loud enough for anyone to hear. “Can’t you notice how he’s manipulating you?”

 

“Isn’t he supposed to be your best friend?” Hyukjae stood up, frowning deeply as he stared at Siwon. “I can protect myself, Siwon,” he repeated. “I can control my own body and everyone else’s.”

 

Siwon looked at Hyukjae, almost begging him to understand. “Have you tried controlling his?”

 

Hyukjae paralyzed as he looked at Siwon, trying to remember. “No…,” he said, looking down and sitting quietly. “I’m not able to do so.”

 

“Look, Hyukjae,” Siwon sighed deeply. “He’s my best friend, but I also know how much his family hates yours and I’ll be soon a Lee ally, when I resign my neutrality,” he explained, referring to his relationship with Sungmin. “I don’t want you hurt.”

 

“If you didn’t want me hurt, then you should have allowed Sungmin to fight ever since the beginning,” Hyukjae said firmly, only glancing at the door when the teacher came in.

 

Siwon clenched his fists under the table. “Hyukjae-”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter