Ch. [25]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun shook his head and threw his longsword away from him. “Hyukjae,” he called the other softly. “I’ve come to get you,” he said. “Let’s go.”

 

“How dare you propose something like that to me?!” Hyukjae said outraged, his odachi sword almost reaching Kyuhyun’s neck. “How dare you put a foot on this place in the very first place?”

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow and looked at Hyukjae. “Hyuk,” he called. “What have they done to you?”

 

Hyukjae frowned, not saying anything as he threw himself towards Kyuhyun with his sword, determined on killing the other at once.

 

Kyuhyun had to jump back and then left for him to avoid Hyukjae’s attacks. He made a sword out of darkness and counter attacked only when it was necessary. “Hyukjae!” he called the other, trying to make him come back to his senses. “What are you doing?”

 

“I should have killed you long time ago,” Hyukjae said serious, making fire come alive all over the dungeons.

 

Kyuhyun gasped and looked behind him. Victoria and Henry weren’t there anymore and he looked around, trying to find them somewhere.

 

The fire wasn’t yet reaching his feet, but Kyuhyun could feel the heat making him weaker. He could see Hyukjae’s features and it scared him a little. “Hyuk-”

 

“Do not dare to call my name so freely, Cho,” Hyukjae threatened.

 

Kyuhyun frowned. There was no one else but the two of them in that place and yet, Hyukjae was acting too strange. Just as when they first battled together. “Hyukjae,” he called, almost daring. “What have they done to you?” He asked once more.

 

Hyukjae felt bothered just by seeing a Cho member in front of him. “I can’t stand your familiarity,” he said, holding his odachi sword firmly. He looked ta Kyuhyun, not seeing his face but only the flow of water in his body.

 

Kyuhyun pursed hi slips tightly. Something had happened to Hyukjae that the later had forgotten everything they had gone through. He felt a slight tickle in his abdomen and when he turned up, he found out Hyukjae was trying to control the flow of his blood. “You can’t,” he said, smirking as he placed his sword in front of him. “I’m as protected as you are.”

 

Those words made Hyukjae furious.

 

A fierce battle started in that moment. The crash of sword versus sword made the dungeons tremble and after almost an hour, both males were tired enough as to take a break of only two seconds.

 

Kyuhyun wasn’t aiming to hurt Hyukjae, but he did want to at least create a small cut with his sword so he could get into his body and try to change his mind.

 

But he couldn’t.

 

So much training had made Hyukjae stronger and even when he didn’t control it voluntary, his force shield was way too effective, making Kyuhyun unable to create any kind of harm.

 

It took Kyuhyun another hour of a fierce battle to finally create a small cut on Hyukjae’s cheek.

 

It was a terrible mistake.

 

Kyuhyun looked down and felt himself go back in time for a few months when Hyukjae stabbed him with his sword. He closed his eyes as he felt the metal pierce his skin and organs and he coughed loudly when it was pulled out from him.

 

Holding onto his abdomen firmly, Kyuhyun looked up at Hyukjae, panting softly as the other cleaned his odachi sword and stepped back, smirking. “Good bye, Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

The last thing Kyuhyun could recognize before falling unconscious was fire surrounding him.

 

…………………………..

 

Sungmin bit his lower lip as he walked towards Donghae’s room.

 

His legs were trembling and he was sure he couldn’t hold even a pen because he was so anxious that he had no strength at all. “Min, are you alright?” Siwon asked as soon as the other entered.

 

Donghae raised his eyebrow and helped Sungmin walk in. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I have news,” Sungmin confessed. “I know why we haven’t been called for the first barrier of defense of the Lee’s mansion,” he said, and he looked terrified.

 

“Is there something wrong with Hyukjae?” Siwon quickly asked and this time, it looked like Sungmin didn’t mind the over interest in his cousin.

 

“I-” Sungmin closed his eyes as he sat down. “I just saw Henry and Victoria go to class,” he confessed.

 

Donghae frowned deeply. “We captured them,” he said. “How can they be here as if nothing happened?”

 

“That’s not all,” Sungmin looked up at the others. “Hyukjae is also here.”

 

Siwon and Donghae gasped. They didn’t know the reason, but Sungmin was still trembling a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter