Ch. [20]

Rain of Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae bit his lower lip as he saw the stain on his abdomen. It had been reducing little by little and now it was only the size of his hand. He sighed softly as he pulled his shirt down, covering his abdomen to look at himself once more in the mirror. He bit his lower lip harder as he remembered all those times Kyuhyun went to his room to have and how after that, the stain reduced its size slightly.

 

Even a Cho was fulfilling his promise.

 

It had been almost a week in which they’ve been training together and Hyukjae felt stronger, definitely. Although he still couldn’t control water inside the body, he could definitely control blood’s flow by now and that was good enough to make someone die without doing anything.

 

He had tried it with Kyuhyun before. Hyukjae learnt a lot of things of the taller.

 

There were too many things of biology and physics he needed to know to understand his own powers. He discovered the flow of the blood was the one causing s and as soon as he knew it, he tried it on Kyuhyun before the latter noticed and just stopped him at once.

 

Kyuhyun had complete control over his body.

 

“How can you do that?” Hyukjae asked that night as they walked to the forest where Taemin was waiting, no longer nervous.

 

“Do, what?” Kyuhyun asked, sliding his hand under Hyukjae’s shirt to touch his skin as they walked naturally.

 

“Control people,” Hyukjae commented, not minding Kyuhyun’s hand on his skin.

 

“With darkness?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae nodded. “It’s quite easy,” he admitted. “It’s exactly the same thing I’m trying to teach you, but with darkness.”

 

“You control everyone’s inside darkness?” Hyukjae asked. “Is that why you have the control over everything?”

 

“More or less like that, yes,” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“Who taught you?” Hyukjae asked.

 

Kyuhyun’s smile faded away in an instant, and for a moment, Hyukjae though he had done something wrong. “My brother,” Kyuhyun simply answered before pointing somewhere in front of them. “Taemin’s here, make him feel his heart beat faster.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun for a few seconds. He knew nothing about the taller and it was the very first time he was curious. “Just that?” He asked after a few minutes. “Alright.”

 

It took him already a long while to focus and do as he wished, but Hyukjae could make it now faster every day and he knew that in a few weeks, he would be able to control that stuff from the cells that Kyuhyun had talked about before.

 

Taemin was starting troubles trying to breathe and his chest was hurting. He held his chest firmly and fell down on his knees, not being able to even ask for help. “Stop it,” Kyuhyun ordered.

 

Hyukjae tried, but he couldn’t. “I can’t!” he said as he tried to focus but couldn’t, feeling himself start to get panicked by it. “Oh my god! I can’t stop it!”

 

Kyuhyun frowned deeply and stepped closer to Taemin, snapping one of his fingers before Taemin started breathing normally again, his heartbeat decreasing slowly.

 

Taemin looked up at Kyuhyun thankfully before he fainted.

 

Hyukjae stood behind all the time. He was scared and afraid. Of course he had learnt something new, but he couldn’t control it anymore. He wanted to prove Kyuhyun he was good, but he still couldn’t think on what he was doing and focusing was still hard. Acting fast wasn’t for him in that moment.

 

“You almost kill him,” Kyuhyun said as he carried Taemin up gently. “If you can’t control your powers, don’t even over do them. It’s dangerous.”

 

“It’s alright,” Hyukjae said out of anxiety. “He’s just a bastard, he doesn’t matter to the family,” he cleared his throat. “If he dies, it could have been better.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at him horrified. “You must be kidding.”

 

“Why would I?” Hyukjae said, feeling extremely wrong by saying those things. “He’s nothing.”

 

“He’s your cousin!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, looking down at Taemin, who was unconscious in his arms before looking up at Hyukjae again. “He’s much more of what you think he is.”

 

“No,” Hyukjae repeated, frowning. “He’s nothing, and he must disappear. He’s just a parasite in our family.”

 

“I hope you don’t mean what you’re saying, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said dangerously.

 

“I mean it,” Hyukjae said firmly. “He’s nothing,” he assured once more.

 

Kyuhyun stood quiet for a few seconds, looking at Hyukjae disappointed. He glanced down at Taemin before looking once more at Hyukjae. “Is that what family means to you?”

 

“Bastards are not family for the Lee’s,” Hyukjae said and he had to look down as Kyuhyun pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter