02. Choice

Delicately Dangerous

"Eunhee! Wake up! It's the morning!" He yelled, his voice carrying across the hall to her room as she desperately covered her ears as she wanted five extra minutes of sleep. She groaned as he continued to badger her with his yelling.

“Fine!” She shouted back at him, getting out of bed and going to the bathroom to get ready. She had no idea why he always woke her up when he did because she had nothing to do. She still had no friends in the Fae and Jinyoung always had duties to tend to, leaving her by herself for most of the day. Which meant, lying in bed and doing nothing.

She quickly got dressed, drying her hair perfectly with her fire. The ends flipped inward and the smooth silky shine she always loved. It was the only way she knew how to style her black hair but she wanted to dye her hair once she had the chance. 

She walked out into the hallway to find Jinyoung’s smiling face, looking back at her. “I made you breakfast.” He said happily, gesturing at the plates before them. It had eggs, rice and some meat on the side.

“Thanks, Jinyoung oppa.” She told him, picking up her fork and digging in. “You are leaving again today?” 

He sighed sadly and pouted, “Yes. My father is having me follow him around so I can learn the ropes.” He said. “He’s still mad about you living here but I told him I wouldn’t learn anything until he stopped complaining."

Eunhee sighed, “You could just kick me out, you know. I can find my way around.” She told him.

He gasped loudly, “Oh my god. Never. I would never kick you out. Don’t say things like that.” He said, hitting the top of her head lightly.

She rubbed it before glaring at him, “It was just a suggestion, besides you’re the Fae Prince. You have a duty to uphold and that does not concern the likes of a half-breed like me.” She said.

Jinyoung immediately covered his ears, “Eunhee. Stop talking. I’m not going to listen to you if you keep this up.” He muttered la la la to himself.

She grabbed onto his wrists and pulled his hands down and she sighed to herself, “Fine. Go do your work.” She said, shooing him off. He gave her a light kiss on the forehead and ran off. It was then that she was alone with her thoughts on the couch of the house. 

It was getting bothersome, or more burdensome for her. She couldn’t handle being alone in this house forever, but she wasn’t about to go out and see the faeries out there. Without Jinyoung around, they were going to treat her badly. She knew the situation well enough to know that, but she had nothing to do while in the house.

She had cleaned it everyday to get her mind off it but she also wanted to learn new things, it was suffocating to her. She had this thirst for knowledge and she had no way to satiate it. Eunhee sighed to herself and moved to the window, Jinyoung was kind enough to get curtains for her so the others wouldn’t see her face when she was inside.

She looked outside and saw the other Fae students at their desks with their teacher in front of them. They all looked diligent as she taught them what looked like a math problem. Eunhee sighed to herself again, that settled it.

Jinyoung would kill her when he found out but she was determined to do something for herself. Grabbing a coat, she headed out the door, successfully avoiding any unwanted eyes.

She was too young to anything but she could lie her way through it and maybe use some of her charisma. She walked in through the gates of the big building and followed the arrows to the office.

All the women inside looked at her in surprise as she immediately changed her expression as one of a lost girl. She looked at all of them with big, sad eyes, “Can you help me?” She asked.

“What is it, sweetie? Are you lost? Where’s your mom?” The woman closest to the edge of the desk asked her. 

Eunhee wasn’t a little girl anymore, but she couldn’t let them know she was not with her parents. “I’m not sure. But my mom told me to come to the office and sign up for something while she went to talk with someone.” She answered, turning on her charisma just slightly.

“Oh are you going to be enrolling into the school? We can start the paperwork with you and then we will just need your mother’s ID for proof of residence later.” The women answered her, getting the paper, clipboard and pen together.

“Ahh.. Okay.” Eunhee muttered softly as she started to fill out the paperwork herself, she managed to get through everything but the address. Her old house was not going to be empty forever, but she could just put it for now. She could fix it later when she got a place outside of the woods.

She reached into her back pocket and handed them her mother’s ID that she kept with her at all times. She her charisma a bit more as she spoke with the ladies, she wanted them to forget that her mother was never there.

She needed them to enroll her as soon as she possibly could. They were her only hope of getting any freedom and being able to find her place in the world.

“Congratulations, you are now enrolled into Parallels High School.” 


Author's Note;;
chapter 2! hehe :3
Sorry been a while... 
But hope you guys like it!