10. Attack

Delicately Dangerous

Eunhee turned around and saw several girls standing in a mob behind the two of them. “Leave Daeryong alone.” They said it again. 

“It’s not really up to me.” Eunhee countered, this is exactly what she was talking about. He was going to cause her massive drama if he kept this up. None of the girls looked too bad though, with what she taught herself in her boredom, she could probably take on all of them. Human girls didn’t really seem to take the necessary precautions to learn self-defense, at least these particular girls didn’t. 

“Then go on a date with him so he can see that you’re nothing special.” Another girl said. “Once you let him take you out, he’ll give up on you and he’ll be normal again.”  

Eunhee sighed, “I already told him no date. I’m not going on a date with him, you guys all obviously want him so you guys can have him.” She said, turning away from them. She didn’t have time for this, she was going to be late for class and so were all of they.  

She noticed that Daeryong’s fiancee wasn’t in this mob either though, how much did that girl actually care about him really? She didn’t seem to care that he was paying attention to another girl, much less Soyeon didn’t seem to cozy up to him in school either. She moved to continue walking towards the classroom and she noticed Jia was doing the same. 

That girl was staying here, why did she bother staying? She could have run away from this whole situation when she had the chance, they only wanted Eunhee anyway. 

“So you’re just going to string him along?” The very same girl shrieked at her. “You no good, rotten !”  

Eunhee turned to face them again at the sound of the insult and flinched when she felt cold water splash across her face. She blinked several times to get it out of her eyes and she saw the other girls all had small cups prepared for this moment. 

Where did all of those come from? She looked at them in surprise, she turned to Jia who had her lips pursed together. “You can run whenever you want, Jia.” Eunhee said aloud, voicing her thoughts to the new girl finally. 

“No way.” Jia replied, taking Eunhee’s hand and bolting down the hallway. 

“HEY!” The other girls shouted after them and followed, throwing their water cups at the both of them. Jia followed the direction of the hallway as it turned this way and that, until they reached the double doors of the exit. 

Eunhee was a bit breathless at her side, cold from the water splashed on top of her. She wasn’t about to forget this anytime soon. The girls seem to prefer this sort of retaliation when it came to confrontation. She would need to remember to have a sort of back-up plan in case this happened again. 

“You’ve got nowhere to run. Unless you’re going to ditch school.” The ringleader of the whole thing said, smirking, “I’ll tell if you do.”  

Jia turned to face her, keeping Eunhee behind her, “I’d like to see you try.” She challenged back, “The next time you lot try this again, I’ll come for you.” Eunhee could feel the ominous presence rolling off Jia in waves. 

This girl meant some serious business, but what was she even doing protecting Eunhee? She didn’t need to get involved, she must have some sort of reason, maybe she knew about Eunhee. So she wanted to get close to the girl and use her, but that was too judgmental for someone she just met. 

“Violence is not allowed in school.” The ringleader said smugly. “You can’t do anything to me, my dad is a lawyer.”  

“Who said anything about me? Have you girls even thought about what Daeryong’s feelings are? If he found out you were mistreating Eunhee like this? If you’re so worried about him having special feelings for her, shouldn’t you be worried about his reaction to what you’ve done?” Jia sauntered forward and the entire mob of girls took two steps back in worry. 

“He doesn’t care about her enough. He never cares about anyone enough. He’s just in it for the chase, and she just wants to drag it out.” The ringleader said defiantly. “If she just ended it, then he’d come back to us.”  

Jia narrowed her eyes at them, “Are you really sure about that? How about we test it out then? I’ll bring Eunhee to him right now and we’ll see what he says about her being drenched and bullied by you guys.” She took Eunhee’s hand and started to walk forward. 

One of the other girls moved to stop her and stood in their way. 

“Move, or I will move you.” Jia threatened. The other girl held her hands up to her in surrender. 

“Yura!” The ringleader shouted at her. 

“Sorry, Dasom. But she’s right, we don’t know how Daeryong will react to this, he’s been giving this new girl attention everyday since the start of the semester, who’s to say that he won’t come after us?” Yura said. 

“Ahh, a reasonable person in this angry mob. Well said.” Jia praised her for stepping out against the others. 

“Please don’t tell Daeryong what happened, forgive me for spilling water on your friend.” Yura pleaded, putting her hands together. 

Jia smirked, “Very well. I won’t tell him about you. In return, for you, I will try and talk Eunhee into going on a date with him. A reward for your bravery for going against your friends.” She said in response. 

Eunhee moved forward to counter Jia’s words but Jia pushed her back with her hand in hers. “Now, if you’ll excuse us, I believe you all are late for class.” Jia said, moving around Yura and heading straight for the bathroom. 

The other girls scrambled to get to their classrooms and their loud footsteps running could be heard in the echoing bathroom. 

“What was that?” Eunhee said as soon as all the girls seemed to have disappeared. 

“That, was bargaining. You’re welcome, by the way. Have you learned nothing in how to politically deal with people in all your time here?” Jia said, grabbing some paper towels and wiping Eunhee’s face. 

“I didn’t need that, I don’t want to go on a date with him.” Eunhee insisted, she ed her uniform and took off the top layer to wring it out. 

“Oh, please, I’ve seen the way you look at him, darling. You’re just in denial.” Jia said, taking some paper towels to help dry out the uniform as well. 

“You don’t know me, today’s your first day.” Eunhee argued, she wrung out her hair as well, putting it into a side braid to keep it out of the way. 

“Yeah, well, you need some practice being a people person, jeez, it’s as if you’ve forgotten everything or something.” Jia said to her. “Don’t you know how those girls’ brains work? You have to appease them to get them to leave you alone. 

“I don’t like him like that.” Eunhee said, “So I don’t want to go out with him.” She pulled her uniform back on. 

“Please, you can’t tell me you aren’t the least bit curious, besides the way he looks you, damn girl, you should at least give him one date.” Jia said, taking her hand and leading her out of the bathroom. 

They walked down the hall and avoided all the classrooms, “Where are we going? And what do you mean the way he looks at me?” Eunhee asked her. 

“We’re leaving. You need to get home and get dry.” Jia said, “And as for the way he looks at you, well, you’ll just have to figure that out for yourself.” She said smugly. 

They moved into the parking lot and Eunhee’s eyes widened as she saw Jia’s ride. “This is YOUR car?” She exclaimed. 

“Yeah, my baby. Infiniti G37 coupe. Pretty nice right? It took me forever to save up for it.” Jia said. “Anyway, get in. I’ll drive you to my place where you can change and then head home. Where do you live? I can drop you off.” She climbed into the driver’s seat and Eunhee followed suit on the other side. 

“That won’t be necessary.” Eunhee said quickly, “Just bring me back to school after and I can get home myself.”  

Jia frowned but decided to not ask about it, “Fine. You’re not gonna miss him, are you?” She asked teasingly. 

“Stop it. I’m not interested in him. Really.” She said, trying to sound like she had a firm resolve. 

“Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that.” Jia said, pulling out of the parking lot and heading out to her place. 


Author's Note;;
heh~ a date will be coming soon, not to worry :D
this will be fun :3