25. Trap

Delicately Dangerous

 

“You’re the Princess of the Elementals.” Jia repeated. “That’s why I was telling you, how could you forget how to manage people. Your Charisma is also more powerful than mine and Daeryong’s.”  

Eunhee’s jaw dropped, “You knew Daeryong was an Elemental?!” She asked. 

“Since day one.” Jia answered truthfully. “We all look out for each other.” She reached for Eunhee who flinched at first but let Jia take her hand. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”  

“But you knew this whole time.. That’s why you wanted me to talk to him.” Eunhee said, “Because you knew I’d be okay.” She sighed. 

“Sorry, Eunhee. But what did you want to tell me?” Jia said.  

“I was discovered. Soyeon had a picture of me creating fire, I don’t know how she got it. But she was passing it around. We had to do some damage control, but it’s okay now.” Eunhee told her. 

Jia nodded and sighed again, “That’s another thing. We think we’ve found the source of the deaths.” She said. 

“Who? How? My father said you hadn’t reported to anyone.” Daeryong interrupted. 

“Yeah, that’s why I left school today, because I had to report back. I reported that I found Eunhee and someone else discovered the source of the deaths. It’s a soul er by Kwanghee, he has been trying to get powerful enough to take over the world. He wants to control all the humans.” Jia told them.  

“It’s a family matter, isn’t it?” Daeryong said, “Kwanghee is working with his father in wanting to take over the world?”  

“Correct.” Jia answered. “How did you know?”  

“Kwanghee was always a weird kid, he went to school with us for a bit but he transferred out a few years back. The system didn’t agree with his ideas.” Daeryong said. 

“Oh, well that’s helpful then. We need to get rid of him.” Jia said sternly. “He will be a greater nuisance the longer we wait.”  

Daeryong frowned but nodded, “I’m sure there’s something about him.” He said. “I can’t remember though, he disappeared from school so long ago.”  

“It’s okay, we will figure it out.” Jia said. “As the Princess, you have to be careful.” She turned to Eunhee, “You have enough Charisma to convince people in the Blue House to side with you. But don’t abuse it. Also don’t let people use you.”  

“Understood.” Eunhee said. “So I could convince anyone of anything really.”  

“Your Charisma parallels to that of Prince Jinyoung’s. He’s never known about you until recently I’m sure. Which is why he was so worried about you.” Jia said.  

“He’s still more powerful than I am. He’s more practiced.” Eunhee argued. 

Jia shook her head, “It doesn’t matter. You can rival his powers if you practice, which you will need to. Coronation is in two months.” She said. 

“This is going a little fast, don’t you think?” Daeryong said, surprisingly.  

“We’ve been without a princess for too long to take this slow.” Jia replied back. “Come on. We have to go find this Kwanghee.”  

Eunhee followed behind them as they all gathered downstairs. A tinted car was waiting behind Daeryong’s back and Jia looked at it and frowned. “Eunhee’s presence is requested.” A man with dark sunglasses said. 

“For what?” Jia countered back. 

“Classified. We are to take her back to school.” The man said and Daeryong nodded, but let Eunhee go with him.  

“We’ll pick you up at school later.” Daeryong said as Eunhee climbed into the car.  

The doors locked and she glared at her fellow passenger. “Hi, .”