14. Confrontation

Delicately Dangerous

He took her back to school and then she was adamant about it, he stopped asking her where she lived after the second time she said no. He was going to take it slow with her, he knew that from the start. 

He stopped his bike and he helped her get off. “Are you sure you want to be dropped off here?” He asked her. It was late and it was dangerous for a girl to alone like this. 

“Yes. Please don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. Maybe if you really are the person I can trust, I’ll tell you one day.” She said to him, handing the helmet back.  

Daeryong smiled at her, “I will be. Just wait and see. See you tomorrow, Eunhee.” He said, taking her hand and kissing the back of it again. 

“See you tomorrow, Daeryong.” She told him, walking away and heading slowly towards the forest. She turned to see if he was leaving and she saw his back was turned to her. That was her chance to make sure he didn’t notice where she was going. 

She ran into the forest and headed back into the Fae community, Jinyoung was already asleep when she got back and she hadn’t seen his father since her preteen years. She rushed to her room and shut the door so she could have a moment to herself. 

That all really happened. That happened. She had gone on a date with Daeryong and they kissed and she let him. He was sincere, she felt like maybe she could trust him. 

But at the same time, he was human, she couldn’t trust him entirely, she couldn’t tell him her biggest secret. She was a freak, she knew that. A human would never understand that part of her, she was an Elemental and that came with magic.  

She sighed to herself and got dressed for bed, how could she trust him when she couldn’t tell him everything? He was a human that would get her nowhere, but he wanted to see her again. And take her out again, she felt comfortable with him too.  

It didn’t make any sense, her mind and her heart were on a roller coaster as all the negative thoughts ran through her mind but her heart wouldn’t stop leaping out of her chest as she remembered their date. 

There was nothing for her to do except go to sleep and wait for school the next day. 

She walked through the halls and noticed all the girls were staring again, they were all whispering to each other and she didn’t really understand why but it didn’t matter. She had gone on a date with him, and he was really sweet. 

“So, you did it then?” She heard Jia ask her as Eunhee took her books out of her locker.  

“Yeah, are you happy now?” Eunhee replied back to her, with a smile on her own face despite her sass. 

“You look like you’re the one who’s happy.” Jia sassed back. “I knew you’d have fun. Should’ve just listened to me.” She said. 

Eunhee closed her locker and they started to walk towards the classroom when she heard the sound of some very familiar footsteps approach her. “Good morning, Daeryong.” She greeted him right before he fell into step with her. 

“How did you know it was me?” He asked her cheekily. “Missed me?" 

“I can recognize your footsteps.” She said, but then realized what that sounded like. “Never mind. Anyway, you always come bother me in the morning.”  

“Did you have fun?” He asked her, taking their seats and Jia sat in front of them.  

“You already know the answer to your own question.” She told him. “But, what is it you wanna hear?” Eunhee asked, turning to him but she really couldn’t keep the smile off her face. 

“You free tonight?” He asked with a smirk, “We could have a study date?”  

“You think I’m worried about not doing my homework?” She replied back, “Hmm.. Maybe I am free.” She tapped her fingers on the desk rhythmically, she refused to add any more to her response other than that. 

The teacher walked in at that moment and Daeryong had to save his question for later. Eunhee peeked at his expression out of the corner of her eye and she smiled, he seemed confused but it was kinda cute.  

In an instant, she felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up and she saw Soyeon glaring into holes into her. Only now that girl was upset with her? After months and months of Daeryong chasing her, she only bothered now?  

Eunhee frowned, that didn’t make any sense. She would only find out if she shared with him something from her past. It did make her curious now that Soyeon was upset. She did want to feed her curiosity.  

“Hey, I actually am free tonight.” She whispered softly to him.  

“It’ll be another surprise then.” He said, grinning. “Right after school ends.”  

She nodded her head at him to show she understood and she saw Soyeon frown before turning back to face the board. 

As soon as the bell rang she was approached by Soyeon and her two lackeys. “You.” Soyeon told her. 

Eunhee dismissed the rude remark but still walked up to Soyeon anyway, “What?” She asked her. 

“What are you doing with Daeryong?” Soyeon asked, demanding to know. Her two lackeys crossed their arms and nodding in agreement. The sight of it made Eunhee laugh a little, they were so in sync but such followers for this girl. 

“I don’t know, he said it would be a surprise.” Eunhee said, knowing full well that was not what Soyeon meant by her question. But if this girl really thought she could intimidate her, then Soyeon had another thing coming. 

“I mean, why are you going after him? He’s mine, you know. Everyone knows that.” Soyeon said sternly. “That’s why everyone only dates him once and leaves him alone after that.”  

“In case you haven’t noticed, he’s the one going after me. I’ve been rejecting him.” Eunhee corrected, “Besides, it doesn’t even seem like he likes you.” She said to her. 

Soyeon frowned at her, “He does. He’ll come around once graduation is over.” She said.  

“Why only when graduation is over? If he was in love with you, wouldn’t he be all over you now?” Eunhee asked, she knew that this was pushing Soyeon’s buttons. But she really wanted to know what was up with this relationship of theirs. 

Soyeon scoffed at her, “This is not something you’d understand, you’re a commoner.” She told her.  

Eunhee shrugged, “Whatever, I’ll ask him tonight.” She said, walking away from them. 

“YAH! Stop touching him!” Soyeon screamed at her, losing her composure instantly.  

Eunhee continued walking away, ignoring Soyeon and going back to the classroom as class was starting again soon. 

She sat in her seat next to Daeryong, “Are you okay?” He asked her. 

Eunhee smiled at him, “Yeah, fine. You’ll tell me about Soyeon right? If I tell you about my past?” She asked back. 

“That’s the deal, I trust you and I want you to trust me but that goes both ways.” He said to her. 

“Okay, then it’s a date.” She said smiling, repeating the same words he said to her yesterday. 


Author's Note;;
I'm trying to write as much as I can
Since i have good internet lol. 
Enjoy :o