22. Snapped

Delicately Dangerous

Eunhee got dressed as Jia drove her to school, she had something to do so Jia just dropped her off at school and left her there.  

“Be safe.” Jia told her, leaving her there. 

“I can handle it.” Eunhee assured her, closing the car door and heading into the gates. There was a mob of girls waiting for her on the other side. Soyeon was in the middle of it with a smug look on her face. 

She approached the crowd with her head held high, Daeryong said not to care about what they said, she could believe in him.  

"You filthy little ," Soyeon spat at her, as soon as she got closer to them all.  

Eunhee rolled her eyes before turning to them all, "Hello to you too, Soyeon." She greeted politely. 

"What the are you doing with Daeryong? You clearly already have someone in your life. Stop touching what belongs to me." Soyeon snapped at her. 

That got to her and something inside of her snapped, she stepped right up to Soyeon, "First off, it's Daeryong's choice to hang out with me, always has been. Second, if he was really yours then why does he always want to hang out with me? And third, I don't already have someone. I'm caught in the middle of a crisis that you know nothing about and you'll never know anything about it so back the off and get your little prissy princess away from me." Eunhee said to her. 

Soyeon stood there stunned, no one had ever given her attitude before, "You'll regret this, Kim Eunhee." She threatened before walking off. 

Eunhee walked into the classroom, seeing Jinyoung inside waiting for her. “Well, hello to you too.” She told him, moving towards her desk. 

“We need to talk.” He told her sternly. 

“About?” Eunhee asked, not looking at him. No wonder Soyeon said she had someone, Jinyoung just had to show up. At least he kept up appearances, to seem a bit human to the others. 

“It’s not safe for you here. I’m serious about the danger, you should come back. I can protect you there.” Jinyoung said, almost begging. 

“No, Jinyoung. I’m fine. Please leave. You’re going to interrupt my class.” Eunhee said, “I can take care of myself. I don’t belong there anyway.”  

“You don’t belong here either, Eunhee. Please just come back.” He begged. 

She finally turned to look at him with a frown on her lips, “No. I can handle it.” She said dismissively and Jinyoung rolled his eyes and left, stomping his way out. 

Daeryong and Soryong walked silently towards their father's office, he had summoned them for an important meeting and they rushed right after getting ready to get there. They still had to make it to school on time. 

His secretary was already expecting them as they breezed by. The door was unlocked and their father was at his desk waiting. 

"Hello, my sons." He greeted them. 

"Hello, father." They said in unison. "What was so urgent that it couldn't wait?" Daeryong voiced on his own. 

"Company matters. The stockholders want you to wed Soyeon a week after your graduation." His father said directly, he was a very no nonsense man and got straight to the point. 

Daeryong let out a loud groan, clutching his head, “Why, we just talked about it last night? I can't stand her, she's too..." He drifted out, trying to think of an adjective for her. 

"I definitely understand, son. But it's out of my hands, the board members can outvote me. And I don't have enough Charisma to convince them all." His father said. 

Daeryong looked to Soryong before he looked at his father, "Who does?" He demanded, "Who has enough Charisma to convince the board members not to force my marriage to Soyeon?" 

His father sighed, "No one within our family. The only people with enough Charisma are royalty, both of the Elemental and Fae sort." He explained, "And the Fae Prince wouldn't get his hands dirty by dealing with such trivial matters." 

“And the Elemental? The princess is capable of such a task is she not?” Soryong surmised, jumping into the conversation. “She attends school with us, Jia?" 

His father shook his head, “Jia is only the acting Princess of the Elementals. The true heir has yet to be found. Last I heard, Jia was still searching for her." 

A wicked smile crossed Daeryong’s lips, “I think you haven’t been updated, Father. I think she has been found. Jia has found her.” He said, casting a glance to Soryong who caught on to Daeryong’s words. 

“How do you know? Jia hasn’t been around to report back to anyone.” His father questioned, “You can’t just be guessing. This is a serious matter of your future.” 

“Do not worry about me, Father. I will handle this one on my own. I have already figured out a solution. But company matters cannot be the only thing that you’ve called us about." 

His father sighed again, “You know me too well. There have been talks of Elementals showing up drained of their energy, they are tossed aside like animals. And no one can figure out how or why. So I want you to be careful, we have been very successful at blending in with the humans due to our background. I do not want to find out that either of you have lost your souls.” He warned them. 

“Yes, Father.” They both bowed lowly before taking their leave. They rushed through the hall as Daeryong was practically running to get back to his bike. 

“How are you gonna approach her about it? What if she doesn’t even know herself yet?” Soryong asked him. 

“About being an Elemental or about being the princess?” Daeryong replied back, they had made it to the parking lot due to his impatience. 

“The princess part. I already know she’s bound to know she’s an Elemental.” Soryong tsked, rolling his eyes at his brother. 

“I haven’t figured that out yet. But if she is Elemental, then that is the secret that she’s been keeping from me. Probably because she thinks I’m human, so I will have to fix that before I can find out about her royal blood.” Daeryong said, he slipped his helmet on and got on his bike. Soryong grabbed his arm before he could kick off, “She’s really changed you, you know." 

Daeryong smiled, “But she’s worth it.” 


Author's Note;;
okay :D so now we have the turn of events~
Lol. <3