23. Exposed

Delicately Dangerous

Soyeon stormed out to the back of the school, she was prepared for Eunhee not listening, but she didn’t the girl to be so volatile. No one spoke to her like that, ever.  

“Do you have it?” She asked, approaching a guy on a bike. He had been her source for everything, making sure no girl got too close to her Daeryong. Of course, it was helpful that they were related as well. 

“Yeah, here.” He answered, handing her a single photograph as well as a thick envelope. She knew that they were just copies of the picture for her to plaster everywhere. “You owe me, Soyeon.”  

“You can have her, Kwanghee. Hands off the twins though, we’ve agreed that they’re mine.” She said, snickering.  

Kwanghee his lips, “My dear cousin, you better get your marriage on quickly or else, the deal is off. We won’t wait around for you forever to have access to the database.” He told her sternly. 

Soyeon frowned, “I can get the info, just give me a week. My father has already pushed the marriage forward onto Daeryong’s father. We will be wed after graduation and he will bring me home and I can get the list for you.” She promised him. 

“A week, that’s it.” He said, “You know others have been taking matters into their own hands.”  

“You’re drawing too much attention as well, I can’t be seen as freak, she’s the one who’s a freak.” Soyeon chided him. 

“One week, Soyeon.” He reminded her, taking off and leaving the campus entirely. 

She made quick work of distributing the pictures everywhere, she waited for the girls to see it and she gathered them all in the courtyard by the parking lot, Eunhee would have nowhere to run there.  

Especially since Jia wasn’t in school. She had heard from the others about that and it made Soyeon’s blood boil. How dare someone use Daeryong like that. 

Eunhee crossed in front of them and she dumped her water bottle at her, splashing only some on her due to the distance. 

“Yah! FREAK!” Soyeon called out to her and Eunhee flinched at the water but walked over anyway. 

“What.” Eunhee asked, and Soyeon shoved the photograph in her hands and Eunhee tensed up as she saw it. Her eyes were yellow clear as day, and she was in the forest making fire. That was the day she said yes.  

“Freak. Stop messing with Daeryong, no one wants a freak like you.” She said, taking a bucket that was handed to her by one of the other girls and dumping it over Eunhee’s head. 

She stood there unflinching, determined not to let Soyeon get under her skin. But the whole group of girls gathered around and left Eunhee no way out. 

She heard his bike before the others did, she sighed. He was going to find out, see her like this. He'd probably leave, there was no reason for him to stay since he had Soyeon. 

He walked right up to them but she kept her head down and avoided his eyes, she could feel him staring at her. 

"Oh Daeryong oppa, you're just in time to see what a freak she is." Soyeon cooed, "She's a witch or something, and I've shown everyone what she truly is." She said, handing him a picture of Eunhee with the fire. 

He stared at it and his jaw dropped, he looked to Eunhee who had started shivering. Soryong came up to then from the parking lot and Daeryong knew he was there. Daeryong tossed the picture to his brother, "Take care of this." 

Soryong gave it one look and nodded, "Of course." 

Daeryong then smiled at Eunhee who finally gathered the courage to look up at him. He took off his school blazer and put it on Eunhee's shoulders, she looked at him in surprise. He had that smirk on his face before he picked her up in his arms and ran for it. 

"OPPA!" Soyeon called after him. 

He made it to his bike before any of his fan girls realized what he was doing. He put Eunhee on it and handed her a helmet, giving her a small smile. 

"Why are you doing this?" Eunhee asked quietly. "I'm a freak." 

He put on his own helmet and climbed on the bike, he reached for her hands and wrapped them around his waist. He kicked off as the girls tried to run after them. 

He took them to their usual clearing and he felt her shake behind him along the way but he wasn't going to stop. He was going to take her to a safe place before they could talk. 

He kicked his bike to a stop, took off his helmet and turned around to find Eunhee had started crying. He rushed to take her helmet off before wrapping his arms around her. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?" 

"I don't belong anywhere. I thought I could go to school and be okay but they found out. And I don't belong there because they don't accept me either. So I have nowhere." She said between breaths, burying her face into his chest. 

Daeryong pulled away slightly to tilt her chin up to face him, "Hey. I told you already, haven't I? You belong with me." And he conjured up fire in the palm of his hand just like her picture. 

Eunhee felt the warmth the flame by her skin and she looked at it, he could do it too. He had the power to make fire, her jaw dropped before pulling away from him. She stammered as she tried to find the right words, all the while he was smirking at her. 

"You thought I was human this whole time didn't you?" He challenged her, moving closer. Her instinct to get up kicked in and she stumbled off the bike and into the grass. This was too much for her to wrap her head around. But if he was showing her this, then he knew before the picture came out. 

"How long have you known about me?" She asked him, he had moved to her, putting the flame out. He brought her into his arms as she sat on his lap. 

"I just found out something interesting this morning and I connected some dots to make me realize about you." He told her simply. He wasn't going to press about the royalty part yet, after all, she might not even know. 

"This whole time, I couldn't tell. You never used any Charisma on me so I didn't know." Eunhee replied, playing with the hem of his shirt, looking down. 

He tilted her chin up to look at him, "Hey, I didn't want to use Charisma on you. I wanted to get you to like me without help. You made me curious about you and now I know why you didn't want people getting close to you." He told her, his hand cupped her cheek and she looked directly at him. Her heart sped up as his eyes showed nothing but love for her. 

"Why would you still pick me?" She asked him softly. 

"Because you're different. And now that I know we're the same, you'll understand that we have a secret to keep." He said, smiling at her. She smiled back and he leaned in closer to her. 

She watched his eyes look down at her lips before looking back at her with a smirk. He pulled her closer to him as their lips met, he pressed against hers ever so gently at first. She was still in shock before, he pressed a little harder, bringing her back to reality. 

She let him control the kiss as he swiped his tongue against her bottom lip. She opened to him easily, his tongue dominating hers. His hand held her in place as he wrapped her up in his arms. 

Her entire being felt like it was on fire as he continued the heated kiss. She felt him pushing back on her and she let him but instead of falling backward, he pulled away and smiled, "One step at a time for the princess." He said, cupping her face in his hands. She nodded in agreement with him. 

"Besides, I also want to take it slow with you. There's so much I have to show you about that and about myself." Daeryong told her. 

"Well, we have some time now." Eunhee replied, "Shall we start sharing?" 


Author's Note;;
been trying to keep that under wraps for a while LOL.
:D