06. New Toy

Delicately Dangerous

She finally made it through just about a month of school where she managed to keep Daeryong at bay for the time being. He was rather persistent, talking to her when she was at the lockers, in class when they sat next to each other. 

All the girls were dying down a little bit, and she figured it was because he was going on dates with them while she was ignoring him. But that didn’t stop him from hitting on her, he asked her out on a date at least once a day. She managed to keep her energy levels at a reasonable level throughout the day. It was entertaining to blow a gust of wind when the girls were getting on her case, but she had to be careful to hide when her eyes glowed. 

She walked to school, dusting off her skirt from leaves and saw the others were gathering around to wait for Daeryong’s arrival on campus. She ignored it and went straight to the locker, she learned to avoid the groupies in order to have a somewhat peaceful school day. 

He noticed all the girls waiting for him to arrive, it was rather tiring to deal with all of those girls actually. They never said anything intelligent, and they all had the same agenda, they wanted to be the girl that changed his fate. 

He knew what these girls were like, that all wanted to be the one who he fell in love with and broke off his engagement to Soyeon. He wished it were that simple, of course, he didn’t want to marry the damn girl. 

But she was what the company wanted. And the only way out of it was for someone else more beneficial to come in. Someone that weren’t like these average girls at school. He gunned it and pulled the bike up against the sidewalk. He kicked the stand and rolled his shoulders back to stretch. 

He heard all the girls scream with glee at his arrival. He kept a decent smile on his face and all the girls clamored towards him. He didn’t feel like taking anyone out today, he had another plan in mind. 

He looked around and he didn’t see her yet, she had to be in school by now, she was always early. He smirked, walking inside, she must be at their lockers then. He saw the back of her head before even getting close.  

This girl, this new girl, Eunhee, she was interesting. She always rejected him, she always wanted him to leave her alone. It was refreshing actually, she wasn’t begging for him.  

She was really pretty as well, a sort of pretty that made you stare. She had no idea what she did to him. He couldn’t wait for her to just give him a chance. 

“Good morning, pretty girl.” He greeted her, leaning up against the lockers. All the groupies dispersed as he went up to talk to her.  

“Good morning, Daeryong.” She greeted him politely. That was another thing, even if she wanted him to leave her alone, she was still polite to him when he talked to her. It was so different, something he was not used to at all.  

“So, can I take you out tonight?” He asked her, no creativity whatsoever. But he asked it the same way every morning. The first one was always the simplest, something for her to expect, and maybe then she’d finally slip up and say yes. 

He couldn’t wait to take her out, show her the world, everything she’d been missing out on. Not to mention, learn more about this girl. She tried not to draw too much attention to herself, he noticed. 

But at the same time, he saw how much she wanted friends. And how he was not helping that situation at all. But he couldn’t help it, she intrigued him. A transfer student who had never been around before, not to mention that subtle beauty she had that pulled him to her.  

She practically lit up the room in his eyes. “Sorry, Daeryong. But the answer is the same as it is every morning, no.” She said, closing her locker and heading to their first class of the day.  

He followed behind her, this was really the first time ever, he had to try so hard to chase a girl. And she didn’t try going for Soryong either. It was weird, usually every girl liked either one of them, but Eunhee was able to ignore them both. 

Soryong joined them in the hallway and kept up her pace with a smile. “Good morning, Eunhee.” He greeted her. 

She nodded at him, “Good morning, Soryong.” She replied, she didn’t smile at him either. Or well, not a real smile. Daeryong knew that much, he wanted to see her real smile. 

He wanted to see every side of her actually, it frustrated him how she pushed him away so easily. 

“Daeryong not giving up yet, I see.” Soryong commented. Daeryong refused to let that get to him, after all Soryong just meant it to . 

“He’s your brother, Soryong. I believe you’d know him better than I would.” Eunhee said. All the girls stared at her and it didn’t miss Daeryong’s eyes when her shoulders slumped slightly in disappointment.  

In an instant, she readjusted her expression to a happy one and sat down in her seat, the one next to his. He wondered about that. Why did she care so much about what others thought of her? They didn’t matter. They really didn’t. All of these people were a bunch of nobodies, people who didn’t matter or function in her life. She dictated her own life, no one else. 

“I’m never gonna give up until you say yes, pretty girl.” He told her, sitting in his seat. “So how about you just give me one chance?”  

“Nope. The girls are already crazy about you, I don’t need the drama.” Eunhee said, turning her attention to the teacher who was already writing on the board for the lecture ahead. 

He took the time to observe her, there was just something. Something about her that was calling to him. She was the first person to ever deny him a chance. No one had shut him out that easily. 

He was a nice guy, a likable person. It was easy for people to accept his terms, he didn't need that much help. Though it didn't hurt that he was good looking, but this girl, she didn't want anything to do with him. 

Plus she cared too much about others' opinions and he could tell that she just needed someone to care about her. And he was thinking about being that person.  

"What if I told you that going out with me would be able to protect you for the girls? You know they just want to be the one for me." Daeryong whispered to her as class began. It didn't matter, it was just a review session anyway. 

"It doesn't matter, you're promised to Soyeon, it would be wrong regardless." Eunhee told him. 

"Soyeon doesn't mean anything to me." He said. "She's nothing." It was the first time he ever said it aloud to anyone besides his family.  

Eunhee turned to him with a puzzled look on her face, that made him even more intrigued. What was going through that beautiful mind of hers? She was clearly analyzing his words and trying to make a meaning of it. She probably figured he was in love with Soyeon but he just wanted to mess around. 

"So why are you marrying someone you don't care about?" She asked, but mumbled really. It didn't seem like she was really asking him, but she was merely thinking aloud. 

"Life is a little bit more complicated the higher up the social food chain you are. You know how the girls pick on you, it's because they're jealous of your beauty." Daeryong said, slipping in a line there.  

"I'm not pretty, I'm a nobody." Eunhee murmured softly. "I belong nowhere." She said the last sentence just above a mere whisper, he knew she thought he didn't hear it.  

What did that even mean? How could someone belong nowhere? Everyone had a home, everyone had somewhere they felt at home. She was facing the front of the classroom again when he turned to admire her side profile. She really was beautiful, he just needed to show her everything.  

"You'll say yes to me, one day, Eunhee. And I'll be able to show you where you belong." Daeryong said firmly. He was going to show this girl that she could trust him. 

He was going to be the place she belongs. He was going to show her just how special she was and he would prove to her he was worthy of her trust.  

The bell rang and Eunhee dashed out of the classroom as fast as she could. Soryong was left with Daeryong and his brother was smirking at him. 

"Found a new toy?" Soryong asked him. 

"She's not merely a toy. She's probably going to change everything, I have this feeling about her." Daeryong answered confidently.  

"Good luck."  


Author's Note;;
Hey hey its been a while huh :o
Sorry. lol. life. :o 
but anyway, enjoy~