07. Intuition

Delicately Dangerous

She noticed more girls were glaring at her throughout the day, she thought that she finally got them off her back, but today was weird.  

She saw them eyeing her out, whenever Daeryong spoke with her. She couldn't control when he talked, but apparently that was her problem and not theirs.  

He kept trying to ask her out on a date, he was being more persistent, he had asked her so many different ways throughout the day so far. He had said he was going to show her a place to belong. 

It didn’t help that she really wanted that. But she wasn’t sure if he was even a decent person. He kept trying to come onto her but she also didn’t push him away. She knew better than that, of course. Sure, it was bad that he was giving her attention but it’d be worse if she brushed him off coldly. 

Imagine the fan girls then, it was a lose-lose situation. His attention on her was bad, but not paying attention to him was just as bad. She headed towards her locker as she put her books away for the day.  

She didn’t need them to do the homework as she had already completed it. She could already tell that something was wrong though. It was just in the atmosphere, she couldn’t quite put her finger on it but something was up about today. Not just the humans staring at her, but she had to irritating feeling at the back of her mind that wouldn’t go away. She’d figure it out eventually.  

She heard him coming before he got close to her, it was weird that she could recognize the sound of his stride after a month. But he bothered her so much it had really become distinct to her. 

"Hey, pretty girl." He called to her once again, he leaned against his locker, his foot propped up with his arms crossed. Eunhee rolled her eyes as he tried to flirt with her for what was the sixth time today. 

"Yes, Daeryong?" She asked him, closing her locker. If it wasn't for the fact that she had a locker right beside his, then she could attempt to ignore his flirting once school ended. 

"How about you, me and my bike? We can go for a ride?" He offered her, a seductive grin on his face. She wasn’t about to deny the fact that he was attractive, but she just needed him to leave her alone. She didn’t need the trouble that came with his attention. 

She smiled at him looking him right in the eye, "I'm sorry, Daeryong. I'm just not interested. Why don't you take Bora or Hyeri?" She asked him, walking away. She tried to help those other girls that she saw a while back. They obviously had a reason for wanting her to leave Daeryong alone. 

"For your information, Bora is secretly harboring a crush for Mr. Song and Hyeri has an older boyfriend. They only follow me around because their friends do." He corrected her, keeping up with her stride easily. His hands in his pockets casually, he ignored everyone else in the hallway, keeping his eyes on her. 

She refused to look at him, she knew she would find an eager, hopeful look on his face, "Then why not take one of them?" She said dismissively. 

"I'm asking you." He stated plainly, not even giving it any thought. He knew exactly what he wanted and that was to take Eunhee on a date, and she would say yes to him eventually. If he was persistent enough, or if she would just see the bright side of saying yes. 

"And I'm saying no, besides do you even own a helmet?" She asked him, looking left and right before crossing the parking lot.  

That stopped Daeryong in his tracks from following her, she noticed that he was no longer following in step with her stride, "Well.. No.. But.." He said and she interrupted him. 

"Once you get a helmet, I might consider it. One helmet for you, one for me." She told him, looking at him from across the road in the parking lot. She didn’t need to raise her voice as it wasn’t too distant from him to be unable to hear her. And there it was, that hopeful look, she couldn’t help but think it was cute.  

She had no idea what possessed him to want a date with her so badly. She kept saying no and she figured any boy would get the hint and take no for an answer. But that was obviously not Daeryong’s style. 

"And then you'll say yes?" He asked excitedly. A wide grin spreading across his face, and she frowned slightly. He couldn’t just twist her words and expect her to honor them, she wasn’t about to go on a date with him yet. 

"I said I would consider it." She corrected, raising her voice slightly to emphasize that it wasn’t a yes, walking towards her house, leaving him behind. 

"I'll get a helmet today!" He said, calling after her before running off. 

Eunhee sighed as she noticed that he was finally gone, that’s what it took to get him off her back for the day. She was pretty tired from trying to avoid him, it was hard. He obviously wanted to be her friend and she always wanted friends. Even Soryong seemed nice enough, but she didn’t want trouble. 

She hated how she was just full of contradictions within herself, here were two people who were clearly okay with being her friends, but she wasn’t willing to subject herself to being their friend. She couldn’t trust them, not with the entire student body coveting them. 

She sighed again, but she definitely wanted friends. They always made her eat lunch with them, refusing to let her eat alone in the bathroom. She didn’t mind that much, it was nice spending lunches with them, they held interesting conversations, despite Daeryong always coming on to her. 

She flinched when she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise. Someone had eyes on her, she looked around the forest and noticed nothing. No one was there, whoever was looking at her was gone already. She glared into nothingness, if it was one of the Fae, she knew that Jinyoung would make them pay. 

He refused to let any of them bully her as soon as he had taken her in. She couldn’t be more grateful to him despite everyone hating her mere presence in the village. Something was up with today, she blew a small gust of wind around her to try and make sure the forest was clear around her. 

No one appeared distressed from her wind and she lit the tip of her finger on fire as she noticed the lack of sunlight coming through the trees. The sun had been setting earlier and earlier due to the changing of the seasons. 

She always liked fall, it was nice, cool, not too hot, not too cold. But soon that would be over and winter would be coming. She’d get more practice out of her powers then, and the energy would be less stuffed up inside her.  

She headed for Jinyoung’s house and put her stuff down, heading straight for bed. She was overwhelmed with fatigue for a moment and passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow. She was still unable to figure out just what was up with today. Maybe the answer would reveal itself tomorrow. 

Daeryong would certainly be waiting for her again. There was a part of her that wished she could say yes, just to see if he’d actually try to give her a place to belong or if that was just a lie.  

But she had a feeling, that he wasn’t lying, he’d figure out a way, he’d figure her out. She couldn’t let that happen either. But part of her wanted someone to know. Someone to accept her for who she was, for everything she was.  

Everything was a contradiction, she really couldn’t do anything right. But tomorrow was always a new day. 


Author's Note;;
Been a while guys, anyway I'm graduating this semester.
So I'll be back after graduation and very avidly updating :3
Thanks for your support :D