15. Sharing

Delicately Dangerous

As soon as the bell rang, Daeryong took Eunhee's hand and rushed them out of the classroom. He took the helmets out and handed her hers.

"Ready?" He asked her. He put his own helmet on and all the girls on campus looked at him in surprise.

She tightened the strap and smiled, "Yup." He climbed on the bike and she followed him. She eagerly wrapped her arms around his waist as she felt the hairs on the back of her neck again. 

Soyeon was watching them and she would enjoy messing with this girl. "It's a surprise." He reminded her, he tightened her arms around his waist before kicking off his bike. They headed out, leaving everyone at school to wonder what was up. He drove them out to a big house and Eunhee looked at it in awe. 

She had only seen houses like this in magazines, it was even bigger than Jinyoung's house. And he had the biggest house in the Fae community. “You live here?” She asked him in in surprise. 

“Yeah, it’s me, Soryong and my dad. Maybe you.” He said cheekily, nudging her. Eunhee hit him back, “Just kidding, not really.” He said, taking her hand and leading her into the house. 

“What are we doing here?” She asked and he went through the giant front door and she followed. She looked around and saw that it had high ceilings, a chandelier and a grand staircase.  

“I’m going to cook you dinner.” Daeryong said proudly. “You’re the first girl I’ve done this for by the way.” He said, clutching her hand tightly and leading her to the kitchen. 

No one else seemed to be around this giant house, though, Eunhee would have thought at least a maid lived here just to clean up after them. 

But for just three people living in this big house, it was relatively clean. She noticed that the high ceilings seemed to be a reoccurring theme and it made her curious.  

She could probably fly comfortably around this house if she wanted to. If she revealed that though, she would have to disappear.  

"Sit." Daeryong told her, pointing to a stool that was right across from the stove. He was gathering his things together and from what Eunhee could see, he was making some sort of pasta. 

She followed his instruction and sat on the stool, she found it surprisingly comfortable, despite looking like a bar stool and she leaned forward to watch him. 

"You don't want me to help?" She asked eagerly, as he gathered the ingredients he wanted. 

“Nope. Just watch and be amazed.” He said cockily. Daeryong smirked at her, filling a pot with water. 

“So you’ve never done this for a girl before?” She mused, going back to what he had said earlier. “Why me?”  

“I already told you, you’re special. Plus, you’re not going to murder me in the middle of the night right?” He asked jokingly. 

“Of course not. I’m not crazy.” Eunhee rolled her eyes at him. “Pasta?” She asked, looking at him pour a bag of penne into the pot. 

“Yup. I have salad too.” He said, focusing on the food and not looking up at her. Eunhee took the chance to continue looking around the house.  

It was quiet, she couldn’t hear the wind outside and that was different from the forest. She could hear every breath she took and tapped her fingers on the counter. She was eager to learn about Soyeon but that would wait.  

She had a feeling that after dinner, they’d go back out to the clearing and talk about it. “You’re hungry, right?” He asked her.  

“Yup, I’ll eat a lot.” She smiled at him and he grinned back. He had already put some mushrooms and chicken in a pan and she noticed it was almost time for the pasta.  

“Good. I figured you were the type of girl to eat, but I don’t like girls who are constantly ‘I’m on a diet!’” He complained, sticking his nose up in the air.  

“I am a big fan of ice cream.” Eunhee added, “So I don’t diet at all, though I have heard of girls doing that.” She said.  

He finished the pasta and then got the sauce together, stirring it in the pan carefully. He added cheese and made it all gooey and sticky. “All ready.” He announced, scooping some into a bowl for her and giving her a spoon. He scooped some for himself as well and he sat next to her on the counter.  

“You don’t want to sit on the table?” She asked him. 

“Not really, this is better.” He said, putting his arm around her waist and she looked away with a smile. “You don’t mind right?” He asked. 

“No.” Eunhee mumbled, scooping some pasta in , “This is really good!”  

“Thank you. I’m glad you like it.” Daeryong said proudly. “So you agreed to this date because you’re curious aren’t you?”  

“I don’t mind going out with you either, but yes I am curious.” Eunhee answered him. “She was upset with me today and I can’t help but wonder.”  

“She has always been strange with what she is and is not okay with.” Daeryong said.  

They both continued to eat and once their plates were clear, he took her out to his bike and they drove to the clearing. She wasn’t surprised when he pulled out a blanket for them to lay on and it also didn’t surprise her when he insisted on having her in his arms as they laid down. 

“Well, ladies first.” Daeryong said, once they both got comfortable. 

Eunhee sighed and rolled her eyes, “I’ve been pretty alone all my life.” She started, trying to find the right words as to not tell him what she was but still tell him as much of the truth as possible.  

“I’ve had to take care of myself because my parents were always so busy and I’ve pretty much been outcasted from being friends with anyone in my neighborhood. They all think I’m strange and don’t want to be around me.”  

His arm wound around her tighter, pulling her closer to him. She gave him a sad smile, “Yeah, so I don’t trust people who are nice to me. No one is nice to anyone without a reason. Especially since no one actually wants to be my friend." 

“You can trust me, I’ve already told you. I want to be someone you trust.” Daeryong told her, he ran his fingers through her hair again. 

“It’ll take time, Daeryong. I can’t tell you everything yet.” She said, as he felt her crawl back into her shell, distancing herself from trusting him too much. 

He frowned, “My turn then.” He said, “Soyeon is my arranged fiancee, her father has made a deal with mine in order to appease the company and provide a merger to expand and become more powerful.”  

“So you don’t actually like her? But she definitely likes you.” Eunhee mused aloud, looking up at him.  

He sighed, “I’ve never really liked her, she’s not very.. Appealing to me, despite everyone thinking that we’d be good together. But she does like me and she doesn’t care what I do, because when we graduate, I’ve been promised to her.” Daeryong explained. 

“Do you want out of it?” She asked, her voice going quiet. 

“Yes, but I can’t just ignore what’s good for the company.” He answered her, shifting slightly so she was closer to his face.  

She nodded in understanding, very familiar with such a decision. She thought about it everyday, whether to leave the Fae community so Jinyoung would be free of her. But he would be very upset if she did leave. 

He leaned in close again and she met him halfway, pressing her own lips against his first. He moved the both of them into a more comfortable position, rolling over so he hovered above her.  

She weaved her fingers through his hair, pulling him closer. She smiled into the kiss as he pulled away, “We should get you home early.” He told her. 

“Can we talk more?” She asked him quietly. 

“Only for a little bit, I don’t want you to get home by yourself too late.” He insisted. 

“Okay.”  


Author's Note;;
Woot, managed to write something guys :) 
Hopefully I can do this one thing soon :o 
Maybe in two chapters~