08. Secrets

Delicately Dangerous

Eunhee got ready for school as usual, Jinyoung cooked breakfast for her but left it behind. He had an early day today to shadow his father as he met with the other prominent figures of the Fae court. 

She ate the omelette and drank the full glass of milk, she washed her plate, using up some energy and heated a small curl into her hair. She had some energy to spare, something she had no other use for, despite knowing that curls would just make the situation worse. 

She headed to school quietly, making sure that no one could follow her. She still had a bad feeling in the back of her mind, it still hadn’t left her since yesterday. 

But she kept her anxiety down as the forest cleared up and the school started to appear. Eunhee saw that a bunch of girls already waiting for the twins to show up, she ignored all of them and headed towards the classroom. 

As soon as she sat down, she felt that strange inkling again. She couldn’t quite place her finger on it, but she couldn’t shake the feeling of familiarity. 

Daeryong walked into the room with a smile on his face as he looked at her. “Good morning, pretty girl.” He said. 

“Good morning, Daeryong.” She replied, and he sat down beside her. “Had a good night last night?” She asked politely. 

“No, I was lonely since I didn't get to be with you.” He said. He reached out and twirled a lock of her hair around his finger, “Your hair is nice today." 

Eunhee turned to him and he had that smirk on his face, “Thank you.” She said politely.  

He brushed her hair back behind her ear and she allowed him to, he hadn’t done much else to her that morning and it would be too rude of her to push his hand away. 

She looked at him staring at her, she noticed how gentle his eyes were, it didn’t make any sense, she couldn’t understand why he was so keen to go out with her. He had his pick of any girl, not to mention he had a fiancee. But it seemed like there was so much more to it than that. 

“Good morning, class.” Their professor walked in and Eunhee broke away from his gaze first. She turned to the teacher where she saw a fair-skinned, black-haired girl at the head of the class with an eager smile on her face. 

“I would like to introduce all of you to Miss Meng Jia.” Mr. Kim said. “Please treat her well.” He said and Jia took that as her cue. 

“Nice to meet you all, I’m Jia.” She said sweetly and Eunhee felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. There was something off about that introduction, something that made her nervous. 

Jia took a seat at the back of the class but not without a side glance at Eunhee first. She smiled and Eunhee frowned, that was weird. 

“She likes you.” Daeryong said lowly to her. “Invite her to lunch with us.”  

Eunhee narrowed her eyes at him, “Why? So you can put the moves on her?”  

“Eunhee, I only got eyes for you. And besides, I haven’t asked you out today because I haven’t gotten the helmets yet. Once I do get them though, I expect you to go on a date with me.”  

“I told you, I would consider it. Not that it was a guarantee.” She reminded him. 

“You know I won’t give up, sweetie.” He told her, “You know I can give you everything you’ve always wanted.”  

She refused to look at him when he said that, she knew her willpower would crumble if she did. The sheer honesty in his eyes would cause her to give in. As much as her curiosity wanted to, her fear of exposure wouldn’t allow it. 

“Yeah right.” She commented, focusing on the lecture at the front of the class. She turned slightly to see that Jia was still staring at her out of the corner of her eye. What was up with this girl? 

Did she already have eyes for Daeryong and could see that Eunhee would get in her way? Did she see Eunhee before? Was she Fae? That would explain the familiarity she felt earlier. 

Was she caught already? Would she have to go back to being holed up in that house again? 

“Quiet! We must call this session to order!” Jinyoung’s father roared throughout the chamber and all the chatter quickly ended. 

“We have an emergency.” His father said, Jinyoung sat beside his father, keeping silent so he could avoid interfering with the legal process. 

“Why do we even bother? You know they aren’t the same as us.” An older man said. Jinyoung recognized him as Won Bin, the oldest as well as the longest-serving member of Parliament. 

“They do not currently have a court, so the reign over them has been given to us.” Jinyoung’s father said calmly.  

“It is a problem that they are dying as well and you know that. They help create balance just through their existence.” Homin said, saying his piece before someone could interrupt him. “Another one was found with their soul taken away. You know what this means, don’t you, Your Majesty?”  

Jinyoung’s father frowned, “This could turn into a war. They are the Key to unlocking unimaginable power, with enough of their souls, one could destroy all of us, them, us, humans, everything.”  

“They need to find their Queen. She has been missing for too long and that’s why there are those that want to get that power.” Won Bin said, saying something reasonable. 

“It is not our problem, they search for their Queen, it’s always been that way. Their system works different from us, since they do not know how many of them will exist at a time.” Jinyoung’s father said. 

“The Elementals must have a ruler, or else whatever is taking their souls will ruin us. We have lived peacefully for so long, and now, it’s their fault that we are in danger.” Won Bin said, going back to his usual self. 

“We shall conduct a meeting with their acting ruler, she is the head of searching for their Queen, we shall find out if any progress has been made. Until then, keep an eye on the situation with the Elementals. We must not let them be taken.” Jinyoung’s said, his authority sealing the words to make sure everyone in the room adhered to his decree. 

“Yes, Your Majesty.” All the voices rang out together and Jinyoung stood quickly, anticipating his father’s exit. 

Now he was worried, Eunhee had to be in danger. She was out in the human world and that would be where she was most vulnerable. He would have to bring her back, convince her to leave that place. 

But he knew that it made her happy, it couldn’t just take that away from her. She found a purpose now, a reason to get up in the morning instead of being cooped up in his house. He sighed, no, he would let her stay there, he would just figure out a way to protect her. 

She was happier than ever, and she finally had a smile on her face. It would crash and burn soon, he would wait for that and pick up the pieces when that happened. 

She didn’t belong there. 


Author's Note;;
I'm BACK! here we are, hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this~
cuz i got some moments planned with Daeryong in my head :3
I'm graduating so now I'm more free~