17. Truth

Delicately Dangerous

Eunhee walked to her locker and opened it easily, hearing Daeryong come up behind her. "Had a fun date, Eunhee?" He asked her, she could hear the slight disappointment in his voice. 

"It was a fun night, how was yours?" She asked back.  

"Probably not as enjoyable as yours. I can't go out tonight either." He pouted at her, "I have a meeting."  

Eunhee frowned but kept it off her face as best she could, "It's okay, Jia wants to take me out tonight again." She told her. 

"Girls' night again?" He whined, "I'm jealous." He reached for her hand easily as they walked to the classroom. 

"Don't be," Jia said, catching up to them, "It's just a club, and I'll protect her."  

Daeryong frowned at her, "I guess." He said. 

"We are going right?" Jia asked Eunhee and she frowned back. 

"Ugh, okay." Eunhee said, just agreeing to appease Jia. Jia looked ecstatic as she turned around in her seat and started to pay attention in class again. 

They reached Jia's apartment and Eunhee froze up again, thinking about the number of people in the club. She sighed and turned to Jia, "Jia.. Why are you so insistent about me going to this club?" She asked her friend. 

"I just want you to have some fun that's all. Besides, I'm the only one you trust right?" Jia smiled at her and for the first time, Eunhee felt it. 

That small little tug that made her want to agree with Jia. She knew that this friend of hers had to be special, hell, Jia saved her from those legions of girls that wanted Daeryong for themselves. 

But she didn't know what it was until now. 

"You're like me, aren't you?" Eunhee asked her. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Jia. 

"You're an Elemental. I felt your charisma on me just now. My mother taught me how to keep an eye out for it. Because faeries have more powerful charisma than me." Eunhee told her firmly. She knew she had to be right, there was no way her feelings were wrong about this kind of stuff. Her mother had raised her well. 

Jia sighed, holding her hands up as if in surrender, "I wasn't planning on telling you yet." She admitted in defeat. 

"So you are?" Eunhee asked her, she needed to be sure. 

Jia nodded, "I am here to protect you." She said. 

"Protect me from what?" Eunhee asked her suspiciously. 

"Whatever you need protection from." Jia answered. 

"Where were you, 10 years ago.." Eunhee mumbled softly. "Anyway, about this club, why do you want me to go?" She asked, bringing it back to the original question that has been bothering her. Jia had never insisted Eunhee do something like this before.  

"Like I said I want you to have some fun." Jia said again, shrugging her shoulders. 

Eunhee looked at her suspiciously before sighing, "Just this once then." She said, she was actually agreeing this time. 

Jia's eyes lit up, "Great, I know the perfect dress you can borrow from me." She said, dragging Eunhee out of her living room and towards her closet. 

"I'm not wearing anything too revealing." Eunhee protested. 

Jia rolled her eyes, "I know you remember? Besides, it's not a revealing dress, it's definitely your type of dress though." She went searching through her closet, divided up in sections. Straight to the section for little black dresses. 

"Found it!" She squealed as she took out the hanger and showed it to Eunhee. "Hmmm? Like it right?" She gloated. 

Eunhee reached out to touch the material, it felt so soft, and it was black, it would hug her curves just right. And not to mention it had lace panels at the waist leading to the lace in the back. 

Just a little revealing but not enough for complete bare skin, thin straps and a sweetheart neckline, it really was her type of dress. 

"Wow..." She whispered softly. 

"Hurry up and put it on!" Jia threw the dress to her and she slipped it on. 

It was a perfect fit. 

Jia smiled widely, "Come on, let's go break some hearts." She linked arms with Eunhee and led her out of the apartment with a pair of small black heels. Eunhee watched as Jia smiled with glee as she listened to her baby purr to life. 

Jia drove towards Club Spectrum and parked her car herself, she didn't trust the valet with her baby. 

The line into the club stretched around the corner and Eunhee's face sank, she didn't wanna wait in line all night. 

"Don't be so discouraged." Jia smiled at her, "Besides I'm a VIP." She said proudly as they approached the bouncer. 

"VIPs." Jia told him. 

"Names?" The man asked gruffly. 

"Meng Jia and Kim Eunhee." She answered. 

The bouncer found their names easily and opened the velvet rope, "Enjoy yourselves, ladies." He said automatically as they entered the club. 

"My name was on the list too?" She asked Jia. 

"Yup." Jia answered curtly. 

"How come?" She demanded. 

"No reason." Jia dismissed the topic and approached the bar. "Junho." She cooed. 

"Hello there, Jia." He said. "The usual?" He asked her. 

"No. I have a friend today," She gestured at Eunhee, "And I have to make sure she stays safe while having fun." 


Author's Note;;
one part of my favorite scene :D