04. Lectured

Delicately Dangerous

Eunhee sighed to herself, she managed to make it through the first round of her classes. But the girls were pretty angry, they clearly hated that she was even in proximity of their guy. She couldn’t believe it, she wanted nothing to do with him, but that didn’t matter. 

She got to sit by him and that was enough for them to dislike her. It also didn’t help that he showed her to the class after biology as well, math or something.  

What she didn’t like either was the work. It was too simple for her, she had kept up her studies while cooped up in the house all day. So these lessons were too easy for her, she had already read up on everything.  

The teachers’ lectures were somewhat supplemental, but they were teaching her things she had already learned on her own. There was no hope of getting excited over the work.  

She moved towards the cafeteria to find that people were segregated by groups there as well. She noticed that Daeryong sat by his twin, Soryong, while a table of girls looked on across from them.  

They sat by themselves, talking about whatever it was they talked about. She frowned, she didn’t fit in with anyone yet, how was she supposed to find a place to sit? She noticed another girl, small in stature sitting close by the twins. She sat with a group of friends and she didn’t act like the others.  

She looked on at Daeryong but she didn’t seem as infatuated as the others, or she didn’t show it as much. It made Eunhee wonder who she was, since she had the attitude of being above those other girls. 

It didn’t matter though, she grabbed a tray and got her lunch served to her. She smiled at the cafeteria lady, turning on just a little bit of charisma. The lady gave her an extra piece of candy with a smile. 

Eunhee turned around and saw the cliques already closing off to her. She frowned, this was not good, she had just gotten through half of her first day and no one liked her. How could she possibly have no friends, she tried to use her charisma in class as well, but no one warmed up to her. 

She moved towards a far table when she felt a hand on her wrist, “Hey, pretty girl. Sit with us.” She heard a familiar voice say to her. 

She groaned inwardly when she realized that she wouldn’t be able to get out of this. He pulled on her hand and sat her down between himself and his brother. “You’re so not helping.” She told him. 

“What do you mean?” Daeryong asked her. “You were going to sit by yourself anyway, weren’t you?”  

“You know that sitting by myself would be better than sitting with you. Everyone’s staring.” She whispered, feeling everyone’s gaze on her as she folded into herself even more. All the girls glared at her as she sat between the twins. 

“So let them. Why do you care what they think anyway?” Daeryong said casually. He shrugged his shoulders as he continued to keep his hands on her. He played with her hair and it wasn’t so weird to have him invade her personal bubble as much as she couldn’t get the hairs on the back of her neck to calm down. 

“Daeryong, don’t you remember what the first day of school is like?” Soryong asked him. “She’s probably worried that people won’t like her and she won’t make any friends.”  

“I’ll be her friend.” Daeryong chimed in and Eunhee just groaned to herself even more. He obviously didn’t get it, or he just didn’t care. 

“Now, you know your fan club is crazy, Daeryong. You should take her out on a date and then they’ll calm down.” Soryong advised him, with a smile on his face. 

Eunhee looked at him and she couldn’t believe it, he was on the right track too. Why did he have to make it worse for her? Wouldn’t a date mean she would have more problems? They obviously didn’t like it when Daeryong had a new toy to play with. 

Daeryong turned her chin so she faced back to him, “What do you think, pretty girl? Go on a date with me tonight?” He asked her. 

“I have a name you know.” Eunhee said, rolling her eyes at him. If he wasn’t even going to call her by her name, what right did he have to go on a date with her? She knew she was worth more than just a one night stand. 

If he did those things, she didn’t even know. But he had his motorcycle, a playboy reputation since all these girls liked him and he clearly didn’t care what anyone thought of him or about the rules. 

“Eunhee, go on a date with me tonight?” He asked her again. This was interesting for him, no girl had ever defied him like this before. He actually liked having her talk back to him. 

“No.” She replied, “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I believe the bell is about to ring?” She said, standing up and picking up her tray just as the bell went off. 

Daeryong grinned, taking her tray from her and walking towards the return station. “I’ll walk you to history class.” He said.  

Eunhee shook her head, “Thanks, but no thanks.” She replied, “I would rather not die today.” She walked in the opposite direction of him and several girls came up to him, blocking him from following her. 

She walked down the hallway and managed to get some freedom when four girls blocked her path to the classroom. At least she knew it was the right one, they were cornering her so they had to follow her schedule to find her. 

“Yah.” One of the girls said, stepping to her. Eunhee didn’t flinch and let them approach her. She wasn’t about to show fear, not when she had gone through so much of her life with people looking down on her. 

“What?” She replied. “I don’t even know your names, sorry.” She said sincerely. She knew that would throw them for a loop. Humans were much simpler to deal with than Fae. They were like open books, and she knew these girls liked Daeryong. 

“Stop talking to him. You’re not even in his fan club. You obviously don’t even know what you’re dealing with.” The girl said.  

“And your names?” Eunhee asked, dismissing what she said. She cared more about who she was talking with, when people didn’t even care about her own name. 

They went down in a line from left to right, “Bora, Dasom, Hyeri, Yura.” They said. 

“Well then, nice to meet you. And I’m sorry that I have overstepped.” She said, turning on a little charisma again. “I will remember to avoid doing this again.”  

“You should, Daeryong is going to be with Soyeon after graduation. We only get to have him until he graduates and then he will be where he rightfully belongs, with Soyeon at his father’s company.” Yura said.  

“Okay, well I won’t do anything to cause trouble. It’s my first day so he’s been trying to show me to my classes, but I am fine.” Eunhee told him. 

“Good. Don’t think you’re special.” Dasom said, and the four of them walked away, leaving the door wide open for Eunhee to walk inside. She let out a sigh of relief, that was over with. 

But that left her with more questions, was Soyeon the other girl she saw in the cafeteria? If she was promised to Daeryong why was he messing around? What exactly was he doing? 

And the company? Was he rich then? She frowned, she shouldn’t bother with things like this, silly trivial things. 

Especially not after that lecture she had gotten from the other girls. She sat down and waited for class to begin. She heard him walk in with all the girls chattering around him, how he ignored them as a feat as well. 

They were so loud, they all clamored for his attention and Eunhee couldn’t believe that they were all okay with going after a guy that they could never be with. And on top of that, not once did she see him talk to Soyeon.  

What were they exactly? Especially if he didn’t even look at Soyeon once during the day. He fell in the seat next to her and he grinned, “Hey, pretty girl.”  

She rolled her eyes and looked out the window, just when he finally said her name. This was going to be a long day, but he had never given up yet. He was persistent and she couldn’t understand why. 

But then again, she wasn’t invisible here either. He had made her the center of attention just by being near her and that was not something she appreciated.  


Author's Note;;
woot another update~
lol. im trying to draw this out a little bit.
Just cuz idk i think its too soon for her to go on a date with him.
But i have a small thing written where she half agrees to it. lol. 
so meh. 
a few more chapters~