05. Found Out

Delicately Dangerous

She sat through class and just waited for the school day to end. It was rather interesting of course, but not something she enjoyed particularly. That was due to a certain someone making her life more difficult than it really needed to be. 

She caught a glimpse of him beside her and she frowned, what was it about this guy really? What made everyone so crazy about him? Especially if he had another girl waiting for him when he graduated. 

Or why he even messed around with other girls if he was just going to have someone else when he graduated. Wasn’t dating meant for finding the one? Eunhee frowned. It didn’t make any sense to her, but who was she to judge?  

He was the one who caused this mess for her in the first place anyway. She didn’t want anything to do with him, she just wanted to be average and live normally. She knew her eyes were a little different, amber wasn’t exactly a human color. 

But that was the best she could do with her human facade, to dim down the yellow. She fidgeted in her seat just slightly, but it was enough for Daeryong to notice. She kept her eyes straight ahead when he looked over at her. 

She wasn’t going to give him the benefit of the doubt by responding. But she just realized that she had a lot of nervous energy in her body, extra energy meant a chance that something might happen. She had to take care of it as soon as she got the chance. 

This would be a constant occurrence, of course if she kept attending school. So she would need to find a way around it, to avoid her powers from bottling up too much. 

The final bell rang and she stood up, gathering her things together so she could get out of there as soon as possible. She had garnered some decent amount of self-control being raised in the human world by her mother, but she didn’t want to risk it. 

“Do you want a ride home, pretty girl?” Daeryong offered with a sly grin on his face.  

Eunhee gave him a small smile, “Thanks, but no thanks. I can get home myself, thank you.” She said, rushing out of the classroom. He couldn’t even catch her with other girls vying for his attention. 

That was good, maybe she could do that to him everyday and he’d get over the novelty of her. She rushed out the gates and turned straight into the forest as soon as she could. She was actually glad that she managed to find a school near the Fae village.  

As soon as she was out of sight, she created a tornado of leaves. She sprinkled water over the tree’s roots, she even opened her wings a little to fly. Her body was so used to be able to do these things freely around the house, she had stored up a decent amount of energy from school. 

She clicked her fingers to create a flame and using water to put it right back out, it was the simplest and most effective way to use up her energy. She continued to do this until she got to the very edge of the village and she got herself together to hide away from anyone else.  

She didn’t need the Fae seeing her, they already didn’t like her. And after the day she had with the girls, she didn’t need to deal with more people who disliked her. She managed to get back into the house without being seen. 

“So this is what you were hiding this morning.” Jinyoung said, greeting her as soon as she locked the door. 

She froze, turning around slowly to see a mischievous grin on Jinyoung’s face. “Guilty.” She said meekly.  

“I knew something was up, you were a bit too eager this morning.” He told her. “You could have just told me, you know.”  

“I thought you would be mad.” Eunhee replied, “You don’t want me to leave.”  

“But if you wanted a little more freedom, it’d be okay. Just do you know what you’re doing, Eunhee? These are humans we are talking about.” Jinyoung said to her worriedly. 

“I am half human, Jinyoung. I was raised in the human world for most of my childhood.” She reminded him. “I’m used to living as a human.”  

“Okay, well how was your day then? I’ll start making dinner.” Jinyoung told her, “Get yourself comfortable.”  

Eunhee smiled at him as she set the gas stove aflame for him to start cooking. She went to her room and got undressed to take a shower and get into more comfortable clothes. She liked the uniform, of course, but wearing sweats was always much more liberating than a skirt. 

She could hug her knees if she wanted to in sweats. She dried her hair with fire and went outside to see that Jinyoung was just about done with dinner. He set her rice bowl down and smiled.  

“I hope it’s okay, I decided to be a little bit more elaborate today, since it’s a bit of a celebration. Your first day of school, of course.” He said. 

“Thank you, the meat smells lovely.” She said, digging right away. He followed suit and they ate in silence for the first few minutes. 

“So what did you learn today?” He asked her, keeping to the small stuff. 

“Nothing new really. I’ve been keeping up with my reading and learning by going through your bookshelves. So the teachings today were something I learned on my own already.” She told him.  

“I see. So do you think you’ll be going everyday then?” He asked her. 

Eunhee nodded, “Yes, I want to continue going. It was actually nice to have something to do other than stay cooped up in the house all day.” She said to him. 

“Okay, well, I guess you’ll be going out into the human world more often then. Don’t let anything bad happen to you, yes?” He said sternly to her. 

For the first time ever, Eunhee could feel the authority behind his voice. He never used it with her, but he was the heir to the Fae throne and he had to have some degree of laying down the law. 

“I’m not new at this, I won’t reveal my secret.” Eunhee said to him.  

“Good. So no one at school gave you trouble?” He asked her.  

Eunhee didn’t hesitate to lie to him, “Not at all. I tried to use some charisma to get everyone to like me though, since I’m a late transfer. It seems everyone grew up together already.” She said. 

“Oh, well don’t strain yourself too much. It’s not good to use charisma on humans, they’ll start to notice.” Jinyoung warned her. 

“Only if your charisma isn’t powerful, they’ll notice. You know that you could control humans with your charisma.” Eunhee countered.  

“I’m sure yours is powerful too.” Jinyoung said faithfully. “Now, get some rest. You’re going to need to keep waking up early for school.”  

“And I have some homework to do.” She said, standing up to go back to her room. 

Before she got there, Jinyoung pulled her into his arms and held her to his chest, “Don’t think you need to hide things from me, okay?” He said to her. 

Eunhee frowned, “I know that you care, Jinyoung.” She replied, she waited for him to let go of her before going to her room. She knew that there was nothing for it, he was going to be Fae king, he was just nice to her because he pitied her. 

She knew it would never amount to more than that, that’s why she did away with any potential feelings for him a long time ago. Plus, she knew that the only thing she could ever feel was gratitude, he had taken her in when no one else would.  

And just for that, she was forever grateful. 


Author's Note;;
Wooottt~ lol.
So I think I like this story a lot LOL.
enjoy :D