20. Trouble

Delicately Dangerous

He wouldn't stop stealing little pecks here and there as they tried to get back on his bike. He had her sit the same way she did when they arrived and she blushed this time.  

"Embarrassed still?" He asked her, playfully bopping her nose. 

She shoved his shoulder and turned away, "Just drive." She said, snuggling closer to him to wrap her arms around him tightly. 

"Whatever you say, princess." He said, chuckling, giving her a tight squeeze before starting his bike. 

He drove them back to the school, where Eunhee insisted that he leave her. Daeryong was still unhappy with it, as he didn’t trust her to be alone at such a late hour, but she wouldn’t tell him where she lived. 

He pulled her against him as she stepped away, “Are you sure you don’t want me to drop you off at home?” He asked her, pressing a kiss in her hair, sighing. 

Eunhee wrapped her arms around his torso and snuggled into his embrace, shaking her head, “This is fine, Daeryong oppa. Don’t worry about it.” She said, trying to assure him as best as she could. 

Daeryong pulled away from her to look down at her, “I can’t not worry, how do I know you’ll get home safely once I leave here?” He asked.  

“Don’t worry, I’ll be safe.” She said, not explaining anything but just asking him to trust her again.  

“Okay,” He said with a sigh, “You’ll have to tell me one day still.” He told her. 

Eunhee nodded, “Yes. Of course, one day.” She said, promising, but hoping it wouldn’t come to that for a very long time. 

He gave her a quick peck and got back on his bike and sped up away, giving her one last glance before disappearing into the night. She let out a squeal after she was sure he was gone. 

She flicked fire in the palm of her hand, to get rid of all the pent up energy from her heart racing so much with him. She ran into the woods and continued making fire and watering the trees out of her excitement. 

She spun around constantly, unable to keep the grin off her face, excitement written all over her face. She squealed thinking about it over and over again, maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea. She continued to flick her powers around until she felt the energy die down inside of her. 

She had to be careful not to overdo it either, she made it to the gates of the Fae community to find a very unhappy face waiting for her. 

“What are you doing coming home so late?” Jinyoung asked her. “Where have you been?”  

Eunhee frowned, walking up to him, this was different. She was able to go out whenever she wanted before. It wasn’t like she couldn’t do it, she would be safe. She could take care of herself, she fully capable of her powers. “What’s the problem? You know I can take care of myself.” She said, walking past him towards the house.  

Jinyoung glared, grabbing her wrist to stop her, “It’s not safe for you to be out this late alone, there’s someone going after your kind. You have to be home before the sun sets now.” He told her sternly. 

She glared at his grip on her wrist, wrenching it free, “You can’t tell me what I can and cannot do, Jinyoung. You know I’ve always been grateful for all you’ve done for me, but you can’t control me.” She said, angrily walking away from him.  

“You need to be safe. I’m doing this to keep you safe.” He told her, chasing after her. “You’re in danger.”  

She rolled her eyes at him, “For your information, I wasn’t alone. But you don’t need to worry about me. I could just leave, be out of your hair, you don’t need to worry about me anymore.” She said, storming inside and reaching for a bag to pack as much of her things as possible. 

He reached for her to try and stop her but she just glared at him, “You don’t belong out there, Eunhee.” He said softly. “I can protect you here.”  

She sighed, throwing the bag down on her bed in frustration, “Jinyoung, I’ve never belonged here either. Nobody wants me here.” She reminded him, putting more clothes in her bag. 

“Besides, now you’ll be free to rule without the trouble of me here.” She said, with a tone of finality that her mind was already made up. 

“Where are you going to go?” Jinyoung asked her, “You have nowhere.”  

Eunhee frowned at him, “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure we will meet again Jinyoung. Until then, thank you for everything.” She said, taking her bag with mostly everything she could find and walking right out the door. 

He frowned to himself, sitting on her bed with a sigh, that was not what he wanted at all.  

Eunhee ran out of the community and out of the forest, campus was waiting right there and she sighed. 

She pulled the phone that she had gotten and dialed the only number she had.  

"Hey, I know it's late, but could you pick me up? I'm at school.” She asked. 

“I’m on my way." 


Author's Note;;
OOOH LOL.