09. New Friend

Delicately Dangerous

The lunch bell rang, breaking her out of her thoughts, and Daeryong took her hand before she run away from him. No one in the classroom failed to notice and they all stood up at the same time she did. "Come on, let's go eat." He said to her.

Eunhee frowned as she felt all the girls staring at her, "Fine." She said, following his lead as he walked out of the classroom. It emptied quickly and everyone followed Daeryong towards the cafeteria without stepping closer to them. 

"What's wrong?" He asked her, he slowed his usual pace so she could walk normally beside him. The hallways were lined with people who were staring at them, she kept her eyes forward, but it didn’t stop her from feeling their eyes on her. 

"Nothing." She answered, "You know how it always is." She looked around at the others and many of the girls were glaring at her. 

"I told you not to care about them, besides once I get helmets and you go on a date with me. It'll be fine." Daeryong assured her, he said with a half-grin. There was something about that seemed trusting but she couldn’t just give up her walls to him. All these girls were crazy enough about him to do something stupid. 

They had already reached the cafeteria, the noise of everyone chatting drowned out any thoughts she had of changing her mind. What's done was done, and all the girls could see him holding her hand. At least their fingers weren’t intertwined, that would cause mass hysteria and cause her even bigger problems. 

They approached the service line and he handed her a tray and let go of her hand. "You have to invite the new girl too, find out what she wants to know about you." He said, gesturing at Jia who was already standing behind Eunhee in line. 

“Hi.” Jia said happily. “I’m Jia, nice to meet you.” She said. Eunhee didn’t notice her behind her the whole time, but with everyone’s eyes on her, it was difficult to be aware of who was following her. 

“I’m Eunhee. Would you like to sit with us?” She asked, before looking at Daeryong who had an approving smile on his face. She rolled her eyes at him, he always got his way, except a date with her but that didn’t necessarily matter. He still pestered her all day at school regardless. 

“Sure.” Jia answered. “Thanks, I didn’t think I’d make any friends my first day.” She said. 

“Oh, no worries.” Eunhee said, getting her lunch and following Daeryong to the usual table where Soryong was already waiting.  

She remembered that Soryong wasn't there earlier that morning, but she wasn’t about to question him of it. He probably had something to do at the company that their father owned. He was a good student too, so he wouldn’t have a problem catching up with the homework either. 

Jia followed the both of them and sandwiched Eunhee between her and Daeryong while Soryong sat across from all of them. “Leaving me by my lonesome on this side?” He said teasingly, “Hi, I’m Soryong.” He reached out his hand to Jia and smiled. 

“Sorry, maybe tomorrow I’ll sit on that side?” She replied back playfully, while shaking his hand. “I’m Jia.”  

“This is a surprise, isn’t it? Two new students in one year, it’s almost a miracle.” Soryong joked, turning to his brother. 

“Of course, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like it.” Daeryong said, looking at Eunhee. “Maybe next week you’ll go out with me then.”  

Eunhee opened to speak but Jia chimed in first, “OOOOH! You guys are an item?” Jia said gleefully.  

“No.” Eunhee answered, nipping that in the bud right away. “He has a legion of fan girls in love with him, an arranged fiancee to marry after he graduates and all he does is ask me all day to go on a date with him.”  

Daeryong feigned pain in his heart at the harshness of her words, “Ow, you wound me, Eunhee. I am not that simple.” He said. 

Jia pouted slightly, pursing her lips into in a frown, “Aww. But you two would make a beautiful couple.” She commented, “Plus you’re really into her, aren’t you Daeryong?”  

Eunhee turned to him and he had a wide grin on his face, “Yup! It’s obvious to everyone but her apparently.” He ruffled her hair and she grumbled with a pout. 

“All the other girls seem to be staring in this direction.” Jia said, looking around the cafeteria. “So I guess you weren’t wrong about those legions of fan girls?”  

Eunhee nodded, “Yup. So now we have to be careful, since someone doesn’t know how dangerous it is to be his friend.” She eyed Daeryong who looked away from her gaze. 

“It’s fine. I’ll make sure nothing happens, don’t you trust me?” Jia asked her, and that’s when Eunhee felt the hairs on the back of her neck again. 

“We just met.” She replied, “Maybe in a few days.”  

Jia flashed her a smile but Eunhee was wary about her expressions, there was something off about what this girl was doing. “Okay, well I have no one else so I wanna be your friend.” She said. 

“Let’s head to class.” Eunhee said, right before the bell rang. Daeryong picked up her lunch tray before she could and she just followed beside him as he dumped out the food and returned it. 

“Thanks.” She told him. “You don’t have to do that, you know?”  

He curled a strand of hair behind her ear, “Of course I do. I’m a gentleman. You should go to class with Jia, I have to talk to Soryong about something.” He told her, “Be careful.”  

“Yeah, yeah. It’d be your fault if anything happened to me anyway.” Eunhee replied back, and she linked arms with Jia quickly. 

“Don’t let anything happen to me.” Eunhee said to her. “People here are crazy about him and I haven’t really done anything, he’s the one who pesters me.”  

“Do you not trust him?” Jia asked her as they walked down the hall. “He seems like a nice guy.”  

“Yeah, so does everyone. But no one really knows how it is. Plus I’m not exactly the best candidate for a homewrecker.” Eunhee said, “There’s no way someone can break up his arranged marriage.”  

“That’s right, so leave him alone already.”  


Author's Note;;
hehe:3 enjoy~
And it's almost here :3
The best parts~ lol. <3