Filming

The Stars

Gary was invited to film a new variety show, Running Man, alongside with popular MC, Yoo Jae Suk, flower boy Song Joong Ki, variety veteran Ji Suk Jin, Turbo king Kim Jong Jook, rising star of SBS (or maybe not BAHAHA) Lee Kwang Soo, and last but not least, his best friend, Ha Dong Hoon.

As a Star, of course he was not keen about participating. After all, these interactions will increase the risk of letting other’s find out about this powers. But some times in life, we are not in control of everything. His life does not revolve on being a Star alone. Like all other ordinary people, he still has to work and earn money. Being part of Running Man holds the promise of making him more popular, and under the encouragement of HaHa and his Leessang partner, Gil, he finally decided to take part.

It was the second filming of Running Man when Song Ji Hyo came as a guest.

“Hello everyone, my name is Song Ji Hyo.” She bowed politely.

Gary stood there, stunned by not only her beauty, but also her energy. Generally, he is able to control when he wants to see other’s energy. In fact, he has to, because seeing their energy allows him to infer a person’s character and emotions. And this additional knowledge will not only make people suspicious of him (how would you feel a person you just met knows exactly how you feel), it can also drain him out. And most of all, he felt that it was wrong to do so; it was like invading their privacy.

But for this girl, he don’t know why himself, but he was able to see her lines. And it was a beautiful sight. It was a large amount of light purple, showing kindness and humility; but amidst the  light purple there was a tinge of royal purple, showing confidence and pride. There were streaks of red, showing courage; and with deep yellow/orange lines intertwined around the others, displaying intelligence; a burst of baby blue to show innocence and childlike-ness, but yet it was surrounded by a deeper sea blue, showing maturity. Each and every line was playfully dancing around, showing excitement and they were glowing, portraying vibrancy and life. As a whole, the lines were weaved into a beautiful masterpiece. One that he has never seen before despite travelling vast distances with Dylan.

HaHa nudged him to bring him back to reality. “Beautiful huh?” he teased.

Although he know HaHa was talking about her appearance, he nodded anyway. Because she was indeed beautiful, both inside and out.

He was bursting of happiness when Gwang Soo choose both of them to be in the same team.

Jihyo, on the other hand, was just grateful to be in a team with most people she was familiar with. She had filmed with JaeSuk before in another variety show, Family Outing, and she had known KwangSoo since his modelling days. Even though she was strangers with Haha and Gary, but, she felt an inexplicable sense of familiarity towards Gary. She knew that he would look after her well.

True enough, Gary was right about Jihyo’s character. She would offer her VJs drinks during water breaks and was the one who figured out the clues and the locations of the swimming costumes. She was also encouraging. Even when their team didn’t get any golden pigs for the first game, her excitement did not die down and her energy lines were still dancing around happily. And to his surprise, she actually jumped from the 5m diving board without hesitation. He smiled at his accurate inferences.

And Jihyo’s feeling was right as well. Although they didn’t really talk much, she noticed that he was always looking out for her. He was always nearby, and always the first to come when she needed help. When they were running about, she naturally lagged behind since she was the only female in the team. But Gary would slow down to run behind her, to make sure that she wasn’t left behind.

The filming lasted for 17 hours and alas, they were down for punishment, because they lost. Everyone was evidently tired, but they still put up a strong front, trying to greet the public energetically. He caught Jihyo dozing off while leaning on the wall. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep. He smiled to himself. He gently woke her up.

“Jihyo-ah, you can rest at the lounge for a while.”

“Aniya…” she opened her eyes, embarrassed. “Ah, I’m sorry…”

Gary smiled. “It’s okay, just rest for 10 minutes… you will be more energized and can help us more later.”

Jihyo felt really bad to rest while the others were working hard. But she was really tired from all the running. Her eyes felt like it was burning up and she kept tearing and yawning. She nodded.

Gary smiled again. “You can go there yourself right?” She nodded again. “Ok, then, rest well!”

“Thank you, Gary oppa,” she said. Not only because he let her to go to sleep. But also because he did not say ‘You are a girl, you should rest’ or anything along those lines. While she knew that physically, she was not on par with the other members, but she doesn’t like being segregated just because she is a girl. She preferred the way Gary put it, about how she can help out more later…..

Eventually, punishment ended and they went their separate ways.

The PDs announced that Jihyo would be coming back again next filming. There were discussions about having a female member and although they felt that Jihyo was a potential candidate, they wanted to see if she could work well with them.

Gary couldn’t wait for the next Monday already…

 

 

(here you go. before i go to work hahahhahah. dont think i will update again tonight maybe sunday?? i know the engery thingy is rather abstract hahahah. anyway anyone could tell im super biased towards jihyo kekekekke but i really think she is v kind!! she always asks if the rm staff has eaten and all (some instagram fan page posted it idk if its true) and she is really kind to he fans(':)