Phone call

The Stars

When they finally broke the kiss, Gary was blushing madly. 

Jihyo blushed too, after realising what she had just done. She wasn’t even thinking when she kissed him. It was on the spur of the moment.  But when she kissed him, she realised how much she wanted to be with him...

In an attempt to hide his shyness, Gary joked, “I didn’t know you were so aggressive!”

And that made Jihyo blush harder. “Yah!” she hit his chest for teasing her.

“I was just joking,” Gary laughed. “I liked it, let’s do it again!” he continued to joke, swinging his arm around her neck to pull her in for another kiss.

Jihyo quickly darted out of the way, giggling.

Then, Gary noticed something strange. Jihyo’s energy were different. Not because there was now a golden line of course; that was expected. Neither was is because it was overwhelmed with pink and yellow- that was because she was in love. He felt his cheeks heat up again at that thought. Ahh, don’t sidetrack, he laughed at himself.

It was a subtle difference. Each line now consisted of two different shades of the original colour, interspersed together. The differences in shade was so light, he wouldn’t have noticed it if he didn’t look closely enough.

He furrowed his brows. Why was that so?

“Yah!” Jihyo snapped her fingers in front of him. “Just because I rejected your kiss, you don’t have to look so depressed,” she chuckled, rubbing his furrowed brows.

“Nah, I was just thinking…”

“About?”

“How did I make an angel fall in love with me?”

***

 

Running man filming ended at late on Monday night, or in the wee hours of Tuesday, to be more accurate…

At the end of the filming, HaHa pulled Gary aside.

HaHa held up Gary’s chin and tilted it side to side as if he was making an inspection.

“Wae?” Gary smiled at his dongsaeng’s antics.

“You look different,” HaHa sniggered, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Nonsense,” Gary said, brushing Haha’s hands away.

But, he was still smiling.

“Yah! How many times have I told you can’t lie!” Haha pretended to throw up his hands in exasperations.

“Arraso, arraso, I’ll tell you!” Gary let out a defeated sigh. Although honestly, he was more than happy to share the big news with his favourite buddy. HaHa was the only member who understood how he felt when Jihyo was dating Chang Joo. He was always on the lookout, trying to make him feel better.

“I confessed to her last night,” he finally said.

“Omo, jjinja?! Ah, hyung, I’m so happy for you!” he gave him a bear hug. “So how was your first date!”

“We haven’t gone yet! I just confessed yesterday, Dong Hoon ah…” he reminded him.

“Ah,” he nodded. “Prepare well for it! First dates are the most important!”

And he started listing a whole list of possible places to go and things to do.

Gary was just nodding and trying to shortlist a few, but he started yawning.

“Very appreciative,” HaHa shook his head, disapprovingly. “You ought to be thankful that your buddy’s a love prof!”

"Love prof? More like playboy!" Gary scoffed. HaHa hit his playfully. Gary tried to dart away, yawning at the same time. "Buddy, I suppose you realised that we filmed for close to 20 hours…”

HaHa shrugged, smiling sheepishly. He then turned to walk away. “Arasso, rest well tonight!”

Gary nodded. “Rest well too.”

“Hey!” Gary called out. “Thank you,” he smiled. “For everything.”

HaHa just waved his hands in the air as an acknowledgement.

***

 

Gary called Jihyo when he finished bathing. She sounded tired on the other end.

“Sorry, did I wake you?”

“I wasn’t asleep yet… just lying on my bed. Why?

“Nah, I just missed you.”

Jihyo giggled at how serious he said it. He wasn’t flirting or playing around, she knew.

“Don’t be silly, we filmed the entire day together today.”

“Even one second away is too much for me.” He wasn’t exaggerating. He really did missed her. Like a strong attachment towards her, a longing to see her, or to just hear her voice. He had never felt this way before, although he had always been loving her.

She giggled again.

“Can we meet tomorrow?” he asked. He glanced at his watch. 2:50am. “I mean, later. Tonight. For dinner. It shall be our first date.”

“Very sincere of you to ask me out over the phone,” she countered jokingly.

“I’m too excited to wait any longer!” he exclaimed.

“Kekeke. Ok, then. I might not be able to wake up though.”

“I’ll come and pick you up at 7:30pm. Is that enough bedtime?” he laughed. Jihyo smiled at his laughter. Even when they were not together, she had always found his laughter charming. It was deep and masculine, but yet gentle and warm. It was a pity he didn’t laugh often. I’ll make him laugh more from now.

“Why do you want to make me laugh?”

“You can still hear me from so far?!”

I would think you can hear me too…

Then why are we still on the phone when we can talk like this?

“Because that’s what normal couples do,” he answered, matter-of-factly.

And they both talked on the phone, until Jihyo fell asleep.

 

(There, I think this would be the shortest chapter ever. But I had OT today (yeah, have I mentioned I found another job) and so a short chpt to quench your thirst first kekekeke. I think I’ll let Jihyo’s power be out by the next update. Wait up guys~)