Snowfall

The Stars

For the next few days, both of them spent their entire waking hours with each other, with Gary teaching Jihyo how to control her telepathic powers so that it wouldn’t be obvious that they can communicate telepathically. He also brought her to other Healers for them to teach her how to heal properly. Soon, another week passed since Jihyo’s first trip to the Oasis, and it was time for another filming session.

The guests were Lee Seunggi, Han Hye-Jin and Bora. Their first mission was rock scissors paper, and the loser would be sent flying into the pool with the much dreaded flying chair.

Unexpectedly, Jihyo was the first few to be out. Those who lost were sent out to choose their own cubicles and wait for their partner. She chose cubicle three.

When it was Gary’s turn to choose, a smirk appeared on his face. He didn’t even need to telepathically ask her. Confidently, he walked towards number three.

Inside the cubicle, a smile formed on Jihyo’s face too. Even though she wasn’t a seeker like Gary, she could feel his presence through the bond.

You said you weren’t going to use your powers during filming. She smiled cheekily.

I didn’t! I’m just attracted to you like bees are to flowers, he protested playfully, grinning widely from ear to ear.

With a great start to the filming, they went around carrying out missions.

Sometimes, when they walked beside each other, their hands brushed against each other, sending a tingling sensation up their fingers which wanted to badly to interlock each other’s.

I want to hold your hand. Gary whined in his head, looking at her with puppy eyes.

She gave him a guilty smile. You know we can’t, with the VJs around.

“Oppa, let’s buy some oranges!” She called out, to distract him. And later she can feed him as a reward. They often fed each other on-screen, so it wouldn’t be a problem even if they broadcasted it.

While they were choosing the oranges, a passer-by old them, “Just get married already. That’s what she wants,” he laughed.

They both of them laughed, with Jihyo blushing slightly.

After paying for the oranges, they fed each other playfully.

Shall we listen to the old man and get married then? Gary teased.

Yah!!! Jihyo blushed again. To hide it, she pretended to snatch away the orange in Gary’s hand and laughed. Gary took the chance to grab her hand and make her feed him the orange. They both ended up giggling at each other.

Jae-suk and his partner saw them and Jae-suk laughed. “Yah! You two still have the time to buy oranges! Have you found the mission yet?”

“Nahh, we don’t care about such things,” Jihyo nonchalantly shrugged, offering them some oranges.

“Yaaa, this two ah…” he sighed. Sometimes, he himself couldn’t tell if their affection were just on-screen. (Unlike HaHa, he didn’t know that they were already together)

After bidding goodbyes, they met in a short while again at their second mission location. They had to piggy back each other and guess the number of people getting of the bus- a piece of cake for Gary.

He felt for their energy and found out that the answer was two. Before he even said anything, Jihyo already caught his thought and blurted out two. And thus, the pair succeeded the mission and boarded a taxi, moving on to the next location.

Yahh! Why did you say the correct answer! I wanted to piggy-back you for longer, he whined. Jihyo could feel his disappointment- he wasn’t just saying it mischievously.

Sorry… she nudged closer to him.

Gary didn’t say anything, but reciprocated the nudge. They smiled at each other. She leaned her head on his shoulders to rest for a while.

The first snowfall started to fall while they were on their way.

“Oppa! The first snowfall!” Jihyo excitedly called out, her hand unknowingly slided over Gary’s hand.

Gary was resting with his eyes closed, about to sleep. But at Jihyo’s voice, he opened his eyes to witness the first snowfall with her.

He smiled at her look so excited at such a simple thing. Her eyes twinkled with delight as she watched the snowflakes gently land on the windows, the door and the floor.

But it wasn’t just the first snowfall that is making her happy. It was the fact that she was watching it with someone she loved.

“Oppa, I’m going to make a wish!”

She clasped her hand tightly.

I wish that we will stay happy and be together forever.