Bond

The Stars

Jihyo didn’t know where her feet were taking her, but it’s as though she knew where to go, like someone or something guiding her, pulling her. She walked for about 15 minutes and ended up by the river.

She looked around apprehensively.

Oppa?

There was no sight of him. She walked upstream, along the river, until she ended up under a canopy of trees. She didn’t know why, but she walked under one and called out, “Gary oppa!”

There was no response, but she knew that he was up there. Oppa if you’re not responding, I’m coming up!

There was still no response, and Jihyo started to climb up. It wasn’t very tall, about 3m. It wasn’t very hard to climb, because there were many branches. But it wasn’t very easy either. When she reached high enough, she realised that there was a treehouse, which was blocked by all the leaves and the branches so she didn’t see it on the ground.

She went in and saw Gary huddled in a corner, his face buried in his knees. He wasn’t crying anymore, though.

Jihyo sat down beside him and put her hand gently over his shoulders.

Gary looked up. You… how did you find me here?

Jihyo shrugged. I don’t know. I just walked here.

Did I scare you? By running away so suddenly? I’m sorry… I just… He rested his head on his knees.

Jihyo held up his face and wiped away the tear stains on his cheeks. Aniya… I’m sorry... I… I… oppa I caused your family to… She couldn’t finish her sentence. Immense guilt wept over her. She broke down.

Gary hugged her tightly. Her head rested on his shoulder and she continued to sob. He patted her back, trying to soothe her. I don’t blame you Jihyo-ah, it’s not your fault. Don’t ever think it’s your fault, ok?

She knew Gary wouldn’t blame her. He loved her more than he loved herself and she knew it. But that’s precisely why she felt guilty.

Don’t think that way, pabo-yah, he thought, ruffling her hair.

Yah, look at us. Aren’t we like two grown up cry-babies? Crying on top of a tree? Hahaha. He tried to change topic to make her less guilty. To cheer her up. Did you know this tree was my secret hideout when I was young? My brother found it first and he brought me here. He smiled fondly at the memories, though there was a dull ache in his heart.

She calmed down listening to Gary talk about his childhood, with his brother. It wasn’t much really, because he was so young. His memories were vague but she felt his happiness as he reminisced. It made her happy too.

I’ve always wanted to have a treehouse, you know? She said as she walked around the treehouse. It was small, about 6-9 square metres. There was nothing except a pile of hay, presumably a make-shift bed they used to use, and chalk writings on the walls.

Maybe next time we could bring our kids here, he thought before he could stop himself.

Jihyo blushed immediately. Yah! She said, hitting him lightly. He grinned cheekily, picking up a tiny piece of chalk on the ground and wrote: Song Jihyo loves Kang Gary.

Aiyyy oppa!! She tried to wipe it off with her thumbs.

Hajima! Gary whined playfully, stopping her.

What if others see! She said shyly.

They won’t! This place is really hidden you know? Especially now, when the leaves and vines are all over grown. I don’t even know how you found this.

I don’t know either… it’s like someone’s guiding me. Or pulling me… I don’t know ah…

Gary frowned. He studied her energy carefully. The different shades in each lines were still there. Could it be… they Bonded? It rarely happened to people of different elements, but sometimes it still did. It doesn’t mean that people with different elements can’t fall love each other, but most of the time they don’t Bond- which doesn’t really mean they can’t love each other for life; it’s just that couples who bonded with each other feel an inexplicable connection with the other, because they share each other’s energy.

And when they’re separated, they can feel an exceptional longing for each other, so much so that they could be pulled towards each other.

He smiled to himself.

I think it means you love me very very much.

 

(two short updates, because they don’t seem to belong to the same chapter hahahahah. And thank you for waiting so patiently!!!!)