Guardian Angel

The Stars

(another chapter up!!! kudos to me whoop. anyway, listen to just so you know by jesse mccartney while reading this and omg, the feels.):")

He watched her sobbing from afar, making sure that she was safe. He used his powers to soothe her. As a Seeker, his abilities not only involved seeing energy, he could also control it to some extent. He pulled on some red lines and blue lines to make her calmer. Gradually her sobs slowed down and eventually stopped.

It was almost 3am when she decided to go home.

He called a cab for her, knowing that she wasn’t in the state to drive, and knowing that cabs were hard to get at this ghostly hour.

He drove behind the taxi to make sure she arrived safely at home.

He went to the café below her apartment. He watched as she switched on the lights to her house, indicating that she was home. But he didn’t leave just yet. He stayed on until she switched off her lights. He knew that she was trying to sleep, and he also knew that she can’t sleep. He sighed, as he tugged gently on the dark blue lines, trying to lull her to sleep.

He was exhausted from using so much of his powers that he fell asleep in the café.

After that incident, Jihyo has been avoiding Gary. She wasn’t angry at him; she was just afraid that she would let her feelings take control of her. In the next filming, their chemistry wasn’t there and they kept fumbling.

“Did something happen between the two of you?” Haha asked him.

“…”

“Did you piss her off?” Jong Kook asked.

“…”

“Whatever is it, you should set things out with her ok?” JaeSuk said.

HaHa pulled him aside and whispered, “She heard it, didn’t she?”

Gary looked at him in surprised. “Heard what?” he tried to feign ignorance.

“Really hyung, you think you could lie to me?” HaHa rolled his eyes. “You wanted her to hear it, didn’t you?”

His surprise now turned into shocked. His eyes widened.

“What…. How do you know?”

HaHa ignored his question. “I don’t know why you wanted to let her hear that. I know you love her, don’t you? But whatever you do, I know there’s a reason. And if you don’t want to tell me, I understand. But you two should really set things straight. And… If you need help, I would be here for you.”

Gary felt really touched. He and HaHa were best friends (not counting Dylan), but he didn’t know he could read him so well.

Gary glanced over at Jihyo, and the glow in her energy still wasn’t there. He sighed. Indeed, he needed to talk to her. He nodded.

“Jihyo-ah, lets talk…”

“Ah, oppa, I need to touch up my make up…” she walked away, trying to avoid him.

He reached out to grab her wrist. Oh, how he wanted to pull her into his embrace right now.

Jihyo flinched at the skinship. She tried to pull his hand away.

“Jihyo-ah, we need to talk,” he said firmly. This time she didn’t walk away anymore.

“I know you heard what we discussed that day, didn’t you?”

She blushed. Was she caught eavesdropping?

“I…”

“Shh…. Listen to me first,” he said gently. “I know you have feelings for me. Me too, ok?” He saw a little glow returning to her energy. The lines danced around slightly faster, like she was excited.

“But…” he continued. “I have realised that this feelings weren’t real. We were immersing too much into the role of Monday couple….”

They were, she wanted to cry. She felt tears forming in her eyes.

“Maybe it’s my fault, since I have no filming experience, and maybe I put in too much feelings. Now, oppa apologize ok? We have to be professional, Jihyo-ah.”

She refused to look at him, her tears started to fall.

“I know it would be hard to get rid of these feelings. But just take it that we were filming a drama ok?”

When she filmed dramas, she could differentiate acting and reality, but now, for a variety when it is almost like reality, she found it hard to separate the feelings. Maybe the feelings weren’t real? Was it really because they weren’t professional enough?

“Just know that we will always be a Monday couple,” he said, emphasizing the Monday. “But outside filming, you will just be my sister, ok?”

She nodded slowly.

He tilted her head gently, wiping the tears off her cheeks. “And I will still protect you and care for you like before, ok?” I cannot be your boyfriend, Jihyo-ah. But I will always be your guardian angel.

She nodded again. A small smile formed on her face.

(personally,  i rlly like the bromance between HaHa and Gary. i really wanted to make him telepathic too, but it would be too much. three Stars in Running man?! but then, him not being a star makes their friendship more precious, dont you think?)