Introduction

The Stars

'The Stars' are group people with telepathic abilities. Most Stars possess other abilities, such as heightened senses, healing abilies, sixth senses and more. However, not all Stars have other abilities. Of course, there are other people with special abilities, but are not telepathic, hence, they are not part of the Star community. 

Telepathic ability is only manifested in the homozygous recessive from. That is, both parents of a child must carry a recessive gene for telepathy for their child to be telepathic. However, the parents themselves may not be telepathic if they are heterozygotes (refer to below).

The Stars usually keep their abilities a secret to protect themselves. People are generally afraid of the unknown, and more so of the unknown who are powerful. Thus, it is only natural for them to want to hunt the Stars down, and exterminate them (in in extreme cases) because they view the latter as monsters/ strange/ weird or because the latter has additional advantages.

Gary is part of the Star community. Like most other Stars, he has another ability. He is known as a Seeker, because his other ability allows him to detect (or rather perceive) other people's energy. Hence, without even seeing the person, he can sense the presence of other people within a certain range (which he himself does not have a definite limit, just like how we all dont know our limits, since we are constantly breaking old limits and challenging new ones, right?)

Stars, unlike ordinary people, have an additional golden energy line. Even for Stars who hasn't undergone the Breakthrough stage (meaning they haven't learn how to do telepathy yet), they occasionally display the golden energy line, and he can seek them out,  hence the name. 

Hundreds, or maybe it was thousands of years ago, the Star community was much larger than it was now. However, as time passed, more and more ordinary people became aware of the Stars' existence and were determined to exterminate this source of threat. In addition, with advances in technolgy, the need for telepathy reduces greatly. Afterall, people can now instantly let people around them know what's on their mind, rather than through telepathy. Also, modern chemicals, such as pesticides, preservatives etc, are severly undermining the power of the Stars....

This is why Gary's job as a seeker is so important to the community. Together with his best buddy Dylan, from Canada, they try to find Stars (both the ones who hasn't had their Breakthrough, and those who had but do not know about the existence of the community). Dylan is a Zephyrus*, meaning he can communicate with the winds. Once every six months, he rides the wind to meet up with Gary in Korea and together, they ride the wind around the globe to seek out the Stars. After finding the potential Stars, they will inform the whole community (it's not that hard, really, since telepathy is instant AND free, lol pretty like whatsapp right, but even more instant), and together, they will try to induce the Breakthrough...

 

Sorry this is a pretty dry chapter): but it had to be written cause its the foundation of the entire stars thing. i really want to write the next chapter ( which would be based on running man ep 2, where jihyo first appeared) but its 3+am here alr and i have work tmr )"": So wait up guys!!

*Zephyrus is the one of the Greek God of Wind. Ps i know a lot of fanfic talk about controlling wind etc, but i got the wind idea from the novel, Let the sky fall. and the Telepathy part is from Chrysalids and the energy part from The young elites...

 

(SORRY TO ALL NON-BIO KIDS GAHAHAH. I'm sorry the first few paragraphs are too technical, but i felt that i should get things straight. so here's an attempt to explain it clearer. Ok, so all humans are diploid organisms, that is, we posses two sets of chromosomes, and we obtain one set from each parent. so lets say, the gene (or allele) that results in telepathic ability is 'a', and 'A' wil result in a non-telepathic. a person will only be telepathic if he possess both aa (getting one 'a'  from each parent). and of course the parent can be either Aa (non telepathic) or aa (telepathic). if both parents are Aa (heterozygous), there is a 1/4 chance (assuming no mutations) that their child will be telepathic, even though they themselves are not telepathic. If the parents are both aa (homozygous), their children will definitely be 'aa' (and hence supposedly telepathic). Nonetheless, (for my story), even people who are 'aa' need to go through a breakthrough stage (something like learning how to telepathe(?? if there is such a word)) before they can be be telepathic. And just so you know, if a parent is 'aa' but the other is 'AA', their child cannot telepathic (theoritically) because they will always have 'Aa' okayz hope that helps hahahhaha sorry if you fell alseep kekekek)