Chapter 55

She is committed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

YOONA'S POV

 

 

I rested my back against the swivel chair as I looked at the ceiling. Finally, I was able to tell everyone about my plan of leaving. Standing in front of my friends when I'm still the average Yoona they know compared to the Yoona they didn't know is already nerve wracking. I saw different facial expressions- unhappy, shocked, straight face or however you describe it but hers stood amongst them. She has been holding back tears and if you are going to examine it closely, her eyes are so tired.... Jessica, my sica... what happened when I'm gone? didn't Dong Hae treated you well? 

 

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and see Tae unnie looking at me. "All of them are gone now, you want to go with me? I'll drive you home."

 

 

I smiled.. halfly.. home... it's where I really belong, not with someone else... not even with her..

 

 

I stood up and tucked in the swivel chair and together with Unnie, we walked out of the office. As we appproacher the counter, I heard someone speak and as we stepped in the dinning area. I see Amber, Jessica and Seohyun sitting in one of the chairs. i heard a sob, it is Jessica's... They weren't even bothered by our presence. I wondered what happened. 

 

 

"Jessica, I'm sure it's just there, we are going to ask help tomorrow. Others might have seen it." It was Seohyun calming Jessica.

 

 

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. We can look again for it tomorrow." Amber second the motion.

 

 

"You... you don't understand... It's...it's the only thing left to me.. s-she gave me that handkerchief and I need to keep it... p-please, can you help me, w-we can look again, p-please..?" She is having a hard time speaking because of the amount of tears she is producing, It break my heart, just exactly what is going on here? Why is she looking for a handkerchief I gave her long time ago?

 

 

Maybe I shouldn't have given her that handkerchief, I don't easily believe in things but they said that giving handkerchiefs as gifts suggest that you anticipate him/her to be doing much crying in the future. This is because a handkerchief is used to wipe away sweat and tears, which suggests a lot of sadness and frustration. I didn't give it on purpose, she has colds before and didn't bring one so I gave her mine instead. Never thought it will define the other thing.

 

 

"Yoona, I think you should talk?"Tae unnie whispered. I nodded my head and slowly I approached them. Jessica is seated back facing me so it was only Amber and Seo who noticed me. They might sensed that I am going to have a private talk with Jessica so they stood up and told Jessica that they will be outside, once the three are gone I sighed quietly before took my courage to seat infront of her.

 

 

She lifted her head and is shocked to see me. I just smiled.

 

 

"Hey, congratulations. Siwon spoke with me and he said that you are the perfect candidate to fill the spot. I'm proud of you." I started the awkward conversation.

 

 

"He did..?" She sniffed trying hard to keep up with the conversation. 

 

 

I nodded. "Is that also means that you're not leaving the cafe?I thought you have decided?" I remembered the time that she mentioned about submitting her resignation letter, It's been months since then. I wonder what made her change her mind.

 

 

"I...I th-thought about things and planned on staying.." she said those words while looking at me... It seems to me that her message has other meaning behind it. "Are you really leaving? for good?" She added.

 

 

I only manage to look at her. Why is it so hard to tell her those words?

 

 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV

                       (p.s. i believe this music is appropriate for this chapter.. )

 

"I will Jessica, I already spoke with my Dad and I agreed to his request. My family is also moving in to the States, there's really no reason for me to stay." She said those words carefully. 

 

 

"How about this cafe, your friends in here? aren't those enough reasons for you to stay?" how about me? can't i be enough for you to change mind? somehow those words never escape my mouth, I'm afraid of what's her reaction be like, I've been longing to see her, atleast this time we are having decent talks, no shouting, no cursing, no hating... I wish to have more talks like this, or normal talks with her. I wanted us to be normal again, back to what we used to have before. I missed those times.

 

 

Unbeknown to me, my eyes betrayed me again as tears starts to flow again. I can't look at her. I'm embarassed of myself, embarassed of the fact that she is seeing me like this. 

 

 

"I've noticed that you've been holding back the tears since the meeting started, what happened Jessica?" There you go again, she has been calling me by my name and not sica, or even baby... can I ask her to call me by those endearment again? for the last time? Why do I even feel like she doesn't want me back?

 

 

"When are you going to leave?" I asked instead of answering her question.

 

 

She seems to be in doubt... "Ju-just answer it please?" 

 

 

"In a week time, I guess, I have to finish those reports left behind." She said. 

 

 

"I...see... " My heart is beating like crazy and thankful that she didn't hear it. 

 

 

"You were looking for something right? Have you found it?" She asked changing the topic

 

 

"Yes... I somehow lost it thinking that it was the last piece I have from you." This conversation is really going nowhere, I can't tell her what I wanted to say. I've been holding back and I don't exacltly know what to do. 

 

 

"You'll eventually find it, Jessica. Just give it time, I believe that it will naturally comes back to you when you stop searching for it. It happens to me most of the time." She chuckled lightening up the mood.

 

 

"Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter