Chapter 44

She is committed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys!!!

 

Here's a very long update. Actually, I wanted to post a double update but I decided to merge it as one. So yeah, I really appreciate that most of you are anticipating the story up to this extent, it does means a lot to me. Mosy especially who voted and commented, its fun reading our thoughts. And those who just newly subscribed, i hoped that you are liking the story so far;)

 

so, yeah. That's it;) prepare yourself for the cchanges that are about to happen;( till the ;)

__________________________________________________________________

 

 

....after one week....

 

 

JESSICA'S POV

 

"Yoona..'' 

 

 

" Yes?! Manager?!" She asked.

 

 

"Are you taking your lunch now?!" Siwon asked.

 

 

"Supposedly, is there something wrong?!" She looked at her watch as if she is in a hurry.

 

 

"Sulli can't report to work today..."

 

 

An o form on her lips as if she care less. 

 

 

"and...?" She asked starting to get inpatient.

 

 

Siwon sighed. Undecided to tell her something or what.

 

 

"I'll cover her." She said as if reading her thoughts.

 

 

"You will?!" His face enlightened.

 

 

"Yes, but since I'll cover her for today can I atleast have a 3 hour lunch time?! I need to finish something important."

 

 

I looked at her. Ever since I broke up with Yoona, I never had the chance to be updated in her life. We are just mere coworkers and that's it.

 

 

Siwon nodded. "Yeah, sure. be back after 3 hours."

 

 

"And you know how to do the counter thing right?!" She's now busy typing on her cellphone.

 

 

"Don't worry, Jessica is here. You trained her before right?!" Siwon patted my shoulder while I was looking at Yoona which she didn't even tried looking back. Yoona's coldness never fail to hurt me.

 

 

"Yeah yeah. I'll be going." She said and just walked away.

 

 

I still follow her while walking towards her car. Yoona, changed a lot, she is no longer the choding I know before. And because of me the reason she became like that.

 

 

Ever since we broke up, Yoona finds a way for us not to interact. She would always talk to Sulli to switch sched whenever we would be on the same shift. And if there are instances that she needs to talk to me, she would look straight to my eyes and would portray no emotion at all. Its like I kill a part of her and that it will never be back.

 

 

"Yoona must be pretty tensed. and pressured if I should describe it." Siwon broke the silence

 

 

"What do you mean?!" I asked in confusion.

 

 

"I would noticed that she's always spacing out this past weeks and I don't know but she's still focus so I am not saying a word to her at all."

 

 

 

 looked again at Yoona's direction. She has started the engine and begin to leave the place. Since we broke up, she never care if she will be talked about. I mean, she is a barista and bringing different luxurious car each day would earn gossip to those who see. I just sighed.

 

 

"Do you know if something is bothering her?!"

 

 

"I don't know at all." 

 

 

Siwon looked at me. I can't helped it because we used to be together before but I ended everything. I walked away from him because I can't take it any longer.

 

 

 

2 HOURS HAD PASSED....



I was busy wiping off the mugs and saucer when I looked at the entrance to see if Yoona have arrived. She was busy talking to her phone, she is a bit early because she still have an hour left before her requested break be done. I looked outside the café, Dong Hae is sitted there playing with his phone. I do hope that Yoona didn't see him. 

 

 

Both of them are busy with their phones and I don't know how to handle this awkward situation since Dong Hae came by surprise and ask me to request an early out. I don't know if Siwon will agreed since there are a lot of absent staffs today, I'm afraid he might ask me to extend my shift since Yoona willingly covers Sulli's absence.

 

 

"No, don't go here. I'll stay until the store closes and... I brought the wheels. It should be fine." I heard her saying.

 

 

Siwon immediately went towards her. His action is literally not making me comfortable at all. I told him to ask Yoona privately.

 

 

"Yoona..."

 

 

She looked at Siwon and ended the call. "Zup?!" She just asked casually.

 

 

"I need to talk to you about something."  He asked nervously.

 

 

"Go ahead, I won't bite." She said without emotion at all.

 

 

"This is a big problem,... the evening shift are not reporting to work today. I tried calling them all but I can't reach them out. I called those who are in off but they can't make it today. I asked Jessica here to extend since you're extending as well but she said she can't and she is actually requesting to leave early because her boyfriend came and needed to attend some important gathering." 

 

 

I was shocked. I never expected Siwon to actually tell it to . I took a glance at Yoona who was looking elsewhere and seems to be pissed off. Why can't she?! Dong Hae is here as if literally slapping it to her face that we are doing great being together again.

 

 

I heard her sigh. She walks towards the entrance. l was nervously looking at her. Dong hae who got curious also look at what Yoona will do. Suddenly she locked the entrance and changed the fronT status to "close". Siwon and I got confused at her action. After she did that, she went back in front of us and sit at the table while resting her both hands at the side to support her weight..

 

 

" If Taeyeon unnie asked, I'll explained it to her." She started.

 

 

"I'm getting tired of the same scenario everyday so let me just broke my silence. I hope you will listen to me, Manager Siwon." She said with authority.

 

 

I was just listening. The cold Yoona is the scariest of all even Siwon is no match with her.

 

 

"Let me just give you a situation wherein you have three staffs. All those three requested an early out. Those three are have the same shift. A said she was sick and can't work well. B said that her mom is in the hospital in a critical situation. And C said that there is a fire in their area. You are instructed to only let one staff go. Who will you choose.?" She started asking.

 

 

Siwon caress his chin thinking well of the situation. Yoona is pretty random and when she asked things like this, it will keep you thinking. But if i have to answer that, I will choose the one who is sick. why?! She will be just a burden and she might feel ill even more so i will let A go. 

 

 

"I will let go of C." Siwon finally answered.

 

 

"Why?!"

 

 

"Because there's a fire in their area. She needs to know if her family and belongings are still fine. So I will let her go." Siwon said. He has a point.

 

 

"What about the two?!"

 

 

"They surely will understand." Siwon said.

 

 

Yoona looked at Siwon. From the entire time she is here, she only looks at Siwon. Gosh, Im beginning to get jealous in here! I badly wanted to tell her that I am here.! 

 

 

"But do you think you will be understood?!"

 

 

Siwon was caught off guard. I mean, I don't know where this is heading but Yoona surely wanted to point some senses to him.

 

 

"There is no right or wrong answer in here. I just want to know how well you are in handling people and how determined you are to show conviction in implementing necessity and regulations here in this café. If I'm going to answer my own question, I'll put it this way. I will let go B and let A and C stay."

 

 

"But why?!" I asked. Yoona didn't even look at me. And I'm starting to get irritated.

 

 

"For me, if it is a life over matter situation, I choose B to go. I told you that her mother is in the hospital right?! and in a critical condition. You'll never know what will happen to her, at this time, the life of a family member is more important. And we don't want to lose our staff's respect towards us and surely we don't want to be hate. You will never know as well the condition of the mother, so as much as possible, B wanted to stay and spend time with her even if they are only in the hospital. We will never know if she will be taken from her or what."

 

 

Siwon nodded and me as well. 

 

 

"I won't let A go because she is sick. I won't even allow her to work. I'll make her stay in the office and re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter