Chapter Eight

The Wallflower { Editing again }

Chapter Eight: Walking With Chen

(A/N Okay I realized how writing in first person POV is MUCH more easier than third, so we're back to first person POV)

{Amy's POV}

  I walked home and was still thinking about Chen. I don't know why, but he just keeps popping up in my mind. I kept thinking about how if I kept talking to him, people will start to notice me more. I've been a wallflower for about four years, and I kind of plan of keeping it that way. But then...He made me feel welcomed-unlike other people at school, well except from Tiffany, but she's a different case.

  I stepped into my home, took off my shoes, and put my stuff down. Then I walked upstairs, took a shower, and made my dinner (which was spaghetti and meatballs.) While eating my dinner, I looked around my house and couldn't help think how lonely it is in here. My parents are not in Korea right now, they're actually in California. I do Skype or Face-Time them...But sometimes they are the ones who are too busy.

  Then I went upstairs and opened my laptop on my bed. I went to go watch some videos on YouTube and searched up some nice calming cello music. I walked to my bookshelf, grabbed out "A Wrinkle In Time", walked back to my bed, sat down, put my ear buds in, then started reading. This was sort of my daily routine, it's pretty relaxing and calm. 

I checked my clock and it read 8:45 PM. I decided to sleep early and wake up early too. I put my stuff away and got settled in. I thought about many things in life. Like, what I'm going to do in the future (as I'm a senior), and if Chen would remember me. I hope not! Then I realized that I'm thinking about too much stuff these days. So I cleared my mind and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~

I woke up pretty nice and smoothly and turned off my alarm clock. I did my daily routine and wore jeans, a white blouse, and a gray cardigan. I ate bacon and eggs for breakfast and drank water. I grabbed my backpack, went out of the house, and breathed in the fresh cool air. It was a warm, but nice windy day. Instead of walking to school today, I wanted to ride my motorcycle (which was the color black). I put on my helmet and drove(?) to school. Since EXO just arrived, no attention was on me, so I parked my motorcycle where it was supposed to be parked, took off my helmet, and started to walk to music class. I was about half way into the main campus when someone yelled my name.

"Sungmi!" Someone yelled. "Wait for me!"

I turned around and saw Chen. What.The.Heck?!?! I can't believe he remembered my freaking name!!!

"Huh?" I asked clearly not functioning.

"What class do you have first?" Chen asked out of breath.

"Music." I replied shortly. It's better to be cold to people, so they don't "attach". Well that's...My past experience.

"Cool." He said while walking beside me.

"Yeah...So I have to go now..." I said wanting to get away. No offense, Chen is a good(?) person and all, those FANGIRLS. Oh my god, they will MURDER you if you are even near EXO. And the Queenkas are pretty terrible too.

"Can I walk with you?" Chen asked with puppy eyes.

"Must.Not.Break" I told myself.

"Please~" Chen said while pouting.

I couldn't take his ayego(?) anymore and gave in. "Fine." I said while walking ahead. I didn't see him walking behind me and rolled my eyes. So I turned around and said, "You coming?" 

Chen looked at me with rounded eyes and quickly shouted, "I'm coming!" He said scrambling to catch up.

I silently laughed and kept walking. 

"Yah~" Chen whined. "Why are you laughing?"

Shoot, he saw me laugh. "I'm not laughing I'm...coughing." I smoothly said. Which was a terrible cover up, but for some reason the boy bought it.

"Fine~" Chen pouted once again. Gosh, no wonder why girls fall to their feet when they see EXO, good thing I'm not one of them.

~~~

We walked to A1, which was my class and I stopped at the door. Wondering how to say what I was going to say in the most...polite way.

"I don't want to be killed by your fangirls, so you can leave now." I came up with and said to him. Then I thought it was a bit harsh and quickly added a tiny, tiny smile.

"Oh yeah..." He scratched his head. "If anything happens, I'll protect you." Chen then smiled with his cheek bones showing and everything. Come on, even though I'm not boy crazy, my heart still fluttered. Chen then said, "I'll find you at lunch and I'll show you my singing."

"Sure." I said quickly as I started to blush just a BIT.

Chen saluted and started to walk away.

I thought he was going to leave, but then he turned around and yelled, "Bye Wendy!" And he winked at me.

My mind literally spun everywhere. Wendy? Is it like Kai's nick name for me? I didn't know what to think about, he even WINKED at me! I just came to the conclusion that he was just messing with me since he was a famous, popular kingka. Kingkas normally don't mix with wallflowers, nerds....Right?

~~~

{Chen's POV}

I can't believe I called her Wendy!!! I walked quickly, and was panicking. What does she think of me now? GAH! I buried my face with my hands and mumbled, "Stupid Chen.."

Luhan hyung came up to me and laughed.

"Why are you laughing Luhan hyung?"

"You like her...Don't you?" Luhan smiled.

"W-What?!?" I said, trying to deny it.

"I know what true love looks like...And I see it now~" Luhan cooed. 

"H-Hyung!!!" I whined while moving around.

Luhan just laughed and put his arm around my shoulder. "She's a special one, I can tell." He then winked.

"How-Do you even know who she is?" I asked.

Luhan laughed again. "It's that girl, the one named Lee Sungmi, Amy." He paused to remember something. "Ah! The pretty nerd we ate with at lunch."

Pretty? Luhan thinks Amy is pretty? "You think she's pretty?" I asked cautiously.

Luhan smirked playfully. "Yeah, I mean she's pretty cute. Totally my style."

My ears got red and my fists tighten. What.Did.He.Say.

"Dude!" Luhan said worriedly. "I was joking! This girl must be very special."

I calmed down and couldn't believe that I got mad over that, Luhan hyung is like my brother.

"Yeah." I said while smiling. "She's very special, prettier than Wendy and Cinderella, and smarter than Belle. Sungmi is my disney princess...And I'm her prince."

"Ah! Too much cheesy-ness!" Luhan hyung joked. 

"Hyung~~~" I yelled. Geez, this guy likes to tease me a lot.

"Chen, when are you going to ask her out?" Luhan asked.

"HYUNG!!!!!" I yelled again. "Do.You.Want.To.Die?" I asked with a deadly tone.

"W-WAIT!!" Luhan said starting to run. I chased after him and screamed death threats while running. Luhan hyung is dying today.

~~~~~~

Heyo! It's the author here and I just want to say thank you for actually clicking and reading this story of mine. Yes, it's confusing with the whole switching from first POV to third POV then back to first, but I realized how in first person POV, it's a bit more easier for me to write and unleash the feelz. Hope you guys are enjoying this so far and see you on the next chapter! (Woah 1286 words!!! 0-0)

Song: Super Junior- She's Gone