Chapter Twenty Two

The Wallflower { Editing again }

[ I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes. This chapter is more of a filler chapter. What am I saying, every chapter is one. OML]

Chapter Twenty Two:

Bad Apple

Amy barely got through the school day. EXO was constantly next to her side, glaring down the girls who were murdering her with their eyes. Chen was also helping Amy from the reporters (who for some reason, got into the school) and were asking personal questions. Amy was sometimes uncomfortable with them, but Chen skillfully pushed them away.

"Thanks Chen." She would say.

"No need to say thanks." He would reply.

Amy was walking out of the school, when a figure appeared in front of her.

"Boo!"

She jumped while holding one of her hands over her heart. "Kris-You nearly scared me half to death."

Kris smiled. "Sorry about that, but didn't Mrs. Kim tell you that I'm picking you up?"

Amy took nervously looked around. Several girls were staring at her already.

"Ugh, is that girl now flirting with Kris oppa? Doesn't she already have Chen oppa?"

Amy cringed at the girl's words. "Kris, I think people might get the...wrong idea."

He raised an eyebrow and looked behind her. "Are those girls bothering you? Chen told me to make sure you don't get uncomfortable in anyway, and he'll kill me if you ever are."

"Nope." She said a bit too quickly.

Kris sighed, "Sungmi, if you keep acting like this, nothing will go your way."

"I know..." She mumbled while shuffling her feet.

He sighed again. "What ever, if another 'scandal' pops up, we can easily shoo it away."

"Are you sure?"

"Trust me here. Get in the car please."

 

"Baekhyun, what are you doing here?" Amy asked when she got out of Kris' car.

Baekhyun turned to Amy with an innocent face. "Just going to help you move."

"Oh." Amy dug into her backpack for her keys. She opened the door and the two boys followed her in. "I started packing yesterday, I don't have much to bring..." She ran upstairs but stopped midway. "And also, don't touch anything guys!"

She smiled when she heard Baekhyun's sassy comment. "It's like she doesn't trust us..Mhpm."

Amy got out her suitcase, her extra bag with her laptop and stuff, and hesitated on bringing her cello. But I can't live without my cello.... 

"Um." She shouted. "Can I bring my cello?"

"Sure!" Kris shouted back.

Amy got her cello out and placed it into its case. It took her two trips to get everything down, but Baekhyun and Kris didn't mind at all.

"Sorry about for taking too long."

"Aish, you need to stop apologizing, it's making me feel bad." Baekhyun groaned playfully.

"Oh, I'm s-"

"Shush."

Kris closed the trunk of the car. "Bacon, don't be mean to Chen's girl friend."

Amy's face flushed at the words "Chen's girl friend". While Baekhyun was yelling, "Don't call me 'Bacon'!"

Kris laughed at their reactions. "I was joking, geez." His poker face returned. Or as Amy secretly called it, his "B*tch face".

Amy slid into the car and sat down, waiting for Baekhyun and Kris to get everything settled. She turned to the car's window and sighed. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Thoughts whirled around her mind, scenes of events that could happen, images that suddenly popped up.

"I hope everything will turn out all right..."

 

"We are here~" Baekhyun said. 

Amy opened her eyes and yawned. "Sorry, I fell asleep." She took her headphones out and gently stuffed them into her hoodie's pocket. She stepped out of the car and her eyes widened at the beautiful sight.

Cherry blossom trees everywhere.

Sakura trees.

Her eyes even watered at the amazing sight. "This is beautiful." She whispered.

"You like the trees too?"

She spun around to her left. "Oh. Um-Yeah-I mean-Hi Chen."

Chen smiled, "Hiya Sungmi."

She silently punched herself when her heart again fluttered at his voice. Curse you heart...You can't feel this way.

"So, what do you think of my lovely home?"

"Wonderful. Beautiful. Perfection."

He was stunned for a bit. "I think that's a bit of an over statement," he grinned even more.

Amy was still gazing at the cherry blossom trees. "I love Sakura trees, they're my favorite."

"Really?"

She put her gaze back on him and nodded, "Yeah, I absolutely adore them." She then looked at the car again, and saw that Kris and Baekhyun were having trouble with her cello...

Wait.

"Don't touch my cello!!!" She quickly ran to get her cello and easily carried it on her back, leaving the two boys speechless. Amy paused and turned back around. She smiled to apologize, "Sorry, my cello is important to me."

Baekhyun waved a hand. "Don't worry, Chanyeol has this guitar named Matilda."

She raised an eyebrow, "I love my cello, but I didn't name my cello."

"Welp, looks like I ruined Chanyeol's image."

Amy shook her head. "It's okay." She lifted the cello and put both straps on. "Chen...Where do I put...my stuff?" She felt weird asking a question that seemed strange to her. After all, she was moving in with a 'famous' person and 'pretending' to be dating him.

"Just follow Baekhyun, he'll take you to your room."

Amy bowed slightly and followed Baekhyun into the house, which was more like four mansions combined. She looked at every single thing in amazement but then felt nervous.

"Baekhyun..." She asked.

"Yeah?"

"How do you guys get used to living in these so called 'houses'? They are huge."

"To be honest, I, myself, still isn't used to living in my house." He confessed. "It's always better to be thankful, but not be to relaxed. You know what I mean?"

"Those are some deep words man, that was deep."

"Shut up-Anyway, here is your room." He gestured her to a white door. "Just yell when you're done."

Amy was about to ask him another question when he already vanished. She sighed and opened the door. (After some difficulty.)

"Ai-Holy sh*t."

The room was a pink-ish white, and was simple, yet so mind blowing. The bed was a nice light pastel shade of white and pink, and was right next to the window. Light was shining in from everywhere, making it look like heaven to Amy.

"I love it." She happily squealed and unpacked her stuff. She set up her laptop on the table, put her clothes in the small drawers and closet, and set up her cello on a pre-prepared stand.

 

She was about to open the door and yell, as she finished unpacking, when a girl came in.

The maid bowed, "I am Miyou, your personal maid."

Amy's eyes grew in size at Miyou's bow. "N-No, you don't have to bow, I'm not even in a high place of society."

Miyou straightened immediately. "I must Miss-"

"Please, just call me Sungmi, or Amy." She trusted Miyou with her American name. "But don't call me Amy in public, I prefer Sungmi in public."

Miyou nodded.

"Also, I'll call you Miyou, as that's your name. And we can be friends than maid and person right?"

"I-I guess." Miyou stuttered.

Amy brightly smiled, people would describe it an 'angelic' smile. "Good, and um... What do I do now?"

"Mr. Kim just asked for you to shower and come downstairs."

"Shower?" Amy looked around. "Where is the...shower?," she shyly grinned.

Miyou beamed at Amy's lost looking face. "It's actually in your room M-Amy. The light pink door that says 'Flower'."

Amy looked at the door. "Oh," she said with wide eyes. "I didn't notice that. Ah, Miyou, why does it say 'Flower'?"

Miyou frowned. "I actually don't know why, Mr. Kim just asked for them to paint that."

"It's okay, I'll be in the shower I guess?"

"I'll leave you alone."

"See you later Miyou!"

Amy held her view on Miyou even after she walked out of the door, leaving her stare at the door. Her smile dimmed but was still visible.

"Everything is so nice..." Her eyes felt itchy and red, so she lightly rubbed her eyes. "I feel like I don't deserve anything..." Cause you don't duh. Amy added in her head.

She took out an oversized sweater, leggings, and a black t-shirt, and hopped into the shower. While very softly humming a song she used to sing all the time, the English version of Bad Apple.

 

"Can you tell me who you are? Can you tell me who I am?" Amy quietly sang.

"Is someone singing?"

Amy stopped singing and continued her way down the stairs. Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, and Chen were all downstairs, with Miyou waiting for her at the end of the stairs.

"Hi Mrs. Kim, Mr. Kim, Chen, Miyou." She timidly ducked her head at each name.

Mrs. Kim clapped of joy, "So polite!"

"You chose a perfect girl Chen. Well you didn't choose her..."

"Dad!" Chen flustered, "H-He didn't mean that Sungmi."

Amy giggled(?) at the cute family scene. "It's okay."

Mrs. Kim asked her a question that got her thinking. "Are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm sure." Amy replied with a tight, yet realistic smile.

"It's dinner time, come and eat."

"Alright."

While the Kim family, Miyou, and Amy walked to the dining room, Mrs. Kim whispered something to Amy.

"You're talented too, your voice is simply amazing."

 

The dinner was certainly a delight to Amy. Of course she wasn't used to the whole thing, but the Kims made everything comfortable and easy. And sitting next to Chen also was a factor of her calmness. It was already 10:00 PM, so Mrs. Kim shooed Chen and Amy to bed.

Mrs. Kim took Amy to the side. "Sungmi, I want you to know this okay? Jongdae sometimes has nightmares and gets really scared in his sleep some  days. Normally I would sing a lullaby, but he's much too old for that. Your voice is soothing, and if it ever happens, just creep into his room and sing?"

Amy let the information sink in. "Sing?" Nightmares?

"Yeah, I just want him to be relaxed...Can you help me out?"

Amy (of course) nodded, "I would be glad too. I know that nightmares aren't fun."

"Now have a nice sleep!"

"I will."

Amy skipped while going up the stairs and said "Night!" to everyone as she made her way to her room. Which was right next to Chen's room. Amy was walking to her room, when she heard noises from his room. Her walk slowed down and she hesistated.

"Is he having a nightmare?" She said to herself. She shrugged and went into Chen's room. Amy was right, he was having a nightmare all right. He was fidgeting in his sleep and whispering, "Don't do it, don't leave me." Sweat was on his forehead and the poor boy seemed so frightened. She sat down on the edge of his bed and wiped his sweat away with a nearby towl. Amy smiled when she saw him calm down, but he was still clearly scared.

"Maybe it's a dream; maybe nothing is real."

"You can tell what to say; you can tell me where to go."

"Can I take another step? I've done everything I can."

As she ended the song, the creases on his forehead disappeared and Chen's breathing became more settle. Amy patted his head and carefully covered Chen with his blanket. She didn't know what came over her, but her head hovered over his. Amy gave him a peck on his temple, ever so gently, it was as if it never happened. She tip toed out of his room, and walked into her own. She did everything for the next day and got ready for sleep.

She wrapped herself with the fresh pink blankets and frowned while closing her eyes.

"Kim Jongdae, what are you doing to me?"

~Flower~

Hullo! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as usual, and it wasn't boring for you guys. I did use more time jumps than normal, and if you readers don't like that, just tell me, you know? 

Topic changing, I don't know what to say about the whole Tao and EXO and scandels okay. This is probably the only time I'll mention it, or I will only mention it very little. I-I respect what ever freaking happens, and Tao, fighting!

On a sadder note: School is so mean to me >< I'm really trying to squeeze in small bits of writing at a time and trying my best to at least work on this story. Because I am planning to finish this!!!

But don't worry, testing only lasts about two months or so.

SO POSITIVE RIGHT?!?!

Okay, sorry about that! ^^^^

The link for the Bad Apple song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61u3wFzl68

And the whole 'Sakura' tree moment is because of my current adiction to Ailee's cover/song Sakura: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKEln8GOuk

See you soon,

Lynn

P.S: I am so afraid about my current grades, like holy sh*t.

P.S.S: I at writing fluff today. :P