Chapter One [ edited ]

The Wallflower { Editing again }

Chapter One

 

  Amy turned off her ringing alarm clock and sat up from her bed. It was only 5:45 AM and she was already awake even though school started at 8:25. She yawned and started to stretch; her arms lifelessly fell to her side as she rotated her neck in a circular motion to shake off the sleepiness.

"I wanted to sleep more . . . "

She lazily stumbled over to the bathroom to take a shower. While listening to some music, Amy did the daily things in the morning she normally did.

Her outfit for the day was a red short sleeved shirt which was underneath a oversized black sweatshirt with the words "Musically Classic"  in white letters on the front side while the back side had a white music note. She also wore black leggings with white socks.

You could say that she didn't like to stand out and liked to wear clothes that were very loose and comfortable.

Basically, Amy was more on the tomboy side.

In order to wake herself up, she sang and some what danced along to the music that was blasting throughout her house while brushing her hair. After she finished brushing her hair, she put her glasses on and went downstairs.

You're probably wondering why Amy's parents aren't appearing in this story yet. The thing is, she lives in her own house since her parents said that she was 'mature' enough to live on her own. So they bought her a separate home and left the rest up to her. Which she found absolutely crazy. 

"A senior already living by their own! That's just weird, " she had tried to argue with her mother.

Her mother had sighed and shook her head, "It's final, okay? I'm sure you'll carry out just fine!"

Amy ate her breakfast and then grabbed her backpack and other school materials. She checked her watch and it read 6:35. She locked the door behind her and adjusted her backpack's straps.

"I'll get something to drink or eat since I'm actually up early today," she said to herself. While walking on the streets Amy had known for a while, she stopped by a shop she always went to and decided to get some bubble tea in the morning because, why not?

The teen walked in and went to the counter to order.

"I would like a medium sized milk tea with black pearls please, " Amy said politely.

"That would be $7.35, miss."

She paid for her drink and waited for around five minutes. "Wow, that was quicker that usual, " Amy thought. "Is today a good day?"

"Thank you!" she happily said to the worker that gave her the drink.

Then Amy sat down and drank my bubble tea while thinking about random things.

You know, like how she was going to survive another day at hel-- school. Moving on, Amy plugged in her ear buds and her MP3 Player to listen to music.

After finishing her bubble tea, she checked her watch again, and it was now 7:19.

"Better get going, " she muttered under her breath.

She then left the bubble tea shop and continued her walk to school.

 

Amy soon arrived at school and went past the academy's front gates; right onto the main campus.

Amy actually had to show the security guards her student ID, because sometimes girls (yes girls) tries to sneak into the school because they just want to drool over--

"OH MY GOD IT'S EXO OPPAS!!!!"

The fan girls almost ran over Amy while trying to get to their 'oppas'.

"These girls are pathetic . . . I mean, do they even have any pride?" Amy shouted in her head. She sighed, knowing that the kings, 'EXO' was what they were called, was the cause of everything.

She was the only girl who was on the campus and still ON the campus. The rest rushed to the gates to see their precious "idols". Every girl (except Amy) chases and has school girl crushes on them. Like the anime cliché crushes.

Amy went to her locker and placed her stuff inside. Then she walked to her first class; which was singing class. There were three classes for vocals: A1, B2, and C3. Her class was C1, along with her some what friend Tiffany Hwang. Their relationship with each other wasn't exactly clarified, but there was a hint of friendship mixed in with everything else.

Amy soon arrived at her classroom.

"It's pretty empty right now . . . " Amy smiled as she took her seat, which was at the back of the room. "I think I came here pretty early.

"The window seat is always the best, " she quietly mused to herself. She put on her headphones instead of her ear buds, as now she could fully loose herself into the music. A habit of her's was to sing or hum along with the song she would be listening to.

So as if on cue, she began to sing along to one of her favorite songs.

Amy got absorbed into the melody and forgot about all of her surroundings. It was just the music and her voice in an empty space. She also forgot about keeping a low profile; keeping her existence mostly hidden.

But, nothing really mattered in that one moment for her. She stared out the window, admiring the beautiful scenery, and completely blind to all others.

She continued to sing (and quite loudly may I add) to random songs that played on her music player for a bit of time.

Little did Amy know . . . that someone was listening to her voice-- to her singing while standing near the classroom door's frame. And little did Amy know that her life was going to take a huge turn.

The someone grinned at the girl singing her heart out in amazement and curiosity.

"Her voice . . . Why have I never heard it before?" the person wondered. "Why . . . Have I never seen her before?"

 

_________________________________________________________

 

- Edited 7/16/15 -

I changed part of the flow, but I'll try to keep the story line as similar as possible :')

But oh my, when you realize how short this chapter is . . .

Well, I'll continue to fix this story up and continue to improve it as well!

See you soon,

Lynn <3