Chapter Twenty Five

The Wallflower { Editing again }

Chapter Twenty Five:

Date

{ I haven't updated in a while omg ;;; Here's a small chapter because I've just been sort of busy these days >< I apologize for grammar mistakes and if stuff didn't make sense rip I should've planned this story out better... *sigh* }

 

Amy tried to seem that she was normal after all that had happened.

It was really tough for her to do that.

She didn't know what had overcame her, did she eat something wrong earlier that morning? Did the fight mess up her brain? Amy would have never imagined herself winking and smiling at a boy asking her out on a date.

However, it is Kim Jongdae, maybe he's just something special.

She shook her head, Chen is messing up my life . . . She took a short glance at the boy next to her. Her heart leaped when she thought that he had noticed her nervous stare. But then, she secretly grinned and softly bit her lip. Chen's definitely the first person to ever make me feel this way . . . 

"Sungmi?"

Amy snapped out of her thoughts and turned her head over to face Chen. "Yeah?"

She still found it amazing how she managed to not yet faint.

He peered over at the window. He looked back at the girl, with a bright smile that could light up the entire city of Seoul. "We're here!" 

She slowly nodded her head and opened the car door, to only be met with beautiful, full bloomed, Sakura trees. The sight was so beautiful that Amy started tearing up.

"I've got a surpris-Wait, Sungmi, why are you crying?"

She rubbed her eyes, surprised to see some water on the surface of her hand. "Oh?" she blinked at her hand. Then, raised her head back up to see Chen with worried eyes. "I actually don't know why, " she laughed from idea of her crying over a simple thing.

I make him worry to much. I need to stop that.

"I'm fine!" Amy reassured him with a tiny lift of her lips' corners. "Don't worry about me!"

He looked at her with the "Are You Sure? I'm Not Convinced" look.

"Are we going on with the date, or no?"

Chen quickly nodded, his head bobbing up and down. "Follow me!"

 

It was awkward for the most part.

Amy had been surprised with a picnic (which Chen claimed he made all by himself but Amy knew D.O had some part in it) and she was flustered with the deep thoughts into this simple 'date'.

Heck, she was still shocked that she was on a date with this guy!

Amy was currently eating a sandwich with Chen by her side with no words being exchanged between the two.

It was starting to get uncomfortable so she swallowed the bite of her sandwich and started a conversation.

"So . . . "

Chen flinched from the first sound in the silence. "Yeah?"

"Why, " Amy looked down onto her lap, her hands fiddling with each other, "did you take me on this date?" She looked back up and looked at him right in the eye.

Chen's eyes widened and his cheeks  turned a light pink. "I- I just wanted to properly ask you something . . . "

Amy blinked at his vague words, "Ask me what?"

Chen bit his lip and looked everywhere but Amy. "Uh . . . "

Amy raised an eyebrow although her heart was pounding against her rib cage. "What?"

"WouldyouliketobemygirlfriendforrealbecauseIreallylikeyou, " Chen sputtered quickly. He squinted his eyes, embarrased and scared of the aftermath.

I mean, he did just confess his love.

Amy sat there, stunned. Oh my god. This. Is. Actually Happening. Her mind went on auto meltdown and her heart beat faster than ever.

Chen peeked through one eye and time felt like forever waiting for the girl's response.

"I mean- If you don't feel the same way I-"

"I would love to be your girlfriend, Jongdae ah."

Another silence overtook the new couple.

"CHEN?!" Amy gasped as he fell to the ground. She picked his body up and rested him onto her lap. "Oh my god, are you okay?"

It then dawned onto Amy.

"I accept your confession and then you faint on me, great." Amy took out her phone and called the leader of the unconscious boy's group.

"Hello? Sungmi?" 

"Ah yeah, Suho?"

"Aren't you on a date with Chen?"

"Yeah about that  . . . He might have fainted."

" . . . "

"Suho ssi?"

A sigh was heard, "The rest of us knew he would do that, we'll be there in five."

Amy ended the call and put her phone back into her pocket. Chen's head was in her hands and she couldn't help but admire the boy's facial features.

"You know . . . " Amy smiled at the thoughtful actions Chen made for her. 

"Maybe this was a good idea after all."

~ Wallflower ~