Chapter Twenty Four

The Wallflower { Editing again }

[ A/N Lots of dialog in this chapter >< And it's a short one(?) ]

Chapter Twenty Four:

Date? 

 

Amy couldn't believe her eyes. Instead of the cute, cuddly Jongdae, there was the exact opposite in front of her. All she could do was blink, blink, and blink. He looked at her direction and stopped every single movement.

"Are you okay?"

Amy blinked again, then remembered that she was asked a question. "Oh, I'm fine," she then added, "barely a scratch on me!"

Chen had a thinking face on and then did one of the three girls speak again.

One cried out, "Please don't hurt us!" 

He scoffed at the words, "I'll never hurt people."

She sighed of relief, but that was cut short when Chen interrupted her.

"It's not worth of my time. You're lucky we have somewhere to be."

Amy raised an eyebrow. "Who's 'we'?, " she asked.

Chen flashed a smile, but it went as quick as a flash of lightning. "You and me of course."

She swore her mind went on total malfunction. "So instead of just standing here, can we go?"

Chen frowned. "No. Why?"

Amy decided to pull the innocent card out. "I thought we had somewhere to go, Jongdae?"

She could notice his stiff stature waver at the use of his real name. Amy secretly smirked, I found his weakness, yes!

"Not until we deal with the-"

"Jongdae, " she said with a warning tone. "It was just a sudden act of apparent jealousy, you know. I forgive these girls, even though they tried to attack me." She cleared to make a point. "Some girls just feel sad, and anger replaces it." Amy looked at the girls with a gentle smile. "Are we good now?"

The girls nodded. "We are sorry for our foolish actions, " they chorused with a ninety degree bow.

Amy was flustered with the sudden formality. "Y-You don't need to bow!"

One girl shook her head, "We must." Then she winked, "You and Chen have to get going, right?"

Chen's eyes widened and shook Amy out of realization. "We have to go!"

She held her ground while the boy tried to drag her out of the room. "Nope. Apologize."

"To who, exactly?"

"The three girls."

"Hell no."

"Kim. Jong. Dae."

"Okay! Geez . . .  I am sorry."

"Hey, what's with the face?"

"Can we go now? We're going to be late."

"Yes, " she rolled her eyes, "we can."

 

Amy and Chen were currently in Chen's car, speeding off to who knows where. She looked out of the open window and couldn't help but sigh.

"Chen, " Amy said with a tired voice. "Where exactly are we going?"

He didn't answer.

"Chen?" she repeated, "Where are we going?"

Still, no reply from the boy.

Amy began to grow irritated. "HEY."

"Wha-" Chen shrieked from the sudden volume change. The car just stopped at very crowded crosswalk. His eyes widened from Amy's light fuming aura. "What's wrong?"

She rolled her eyes at his question. "What's wrong? You aren't answering my simple question!"

"Oh." He bit his lip, in a way that was certainly illegal in Amy's eyes. "We're going . . . "

One eyebrow was raised at his unfinished sentence. "Where?"

"Somewhere over the rainbow."

"Jongdae!" Amy lightly punched his arm, "Tell me!" she pouted.

"Erm . . . " Chen muttered something under his breath.

"Chen, right now." She crossed her arms, "Or . . . I'll leave the car right now."

 

_______________

Chen

_______________

 

He just couldn't tell her what his plans were. 

Before the whole fight happened between Amy and the three girls, Chen asked the rest of EXO some advice about how to finally confess his feelings to the girl.

"Just tell her." Baekhyun said.

"No, no." Kris wiggled his index finger. "Take her on a date. Then confess."

Chen sighed, "How do I do that, Kris?"

He shrugged and turned back to his 'art notepad', "I don't know, ask Minseok."

Chen hollowed his cheeks then released the air. "Xiumin, can you help-"

"Sorry Jongdae! I'm no love expert!"

Chen sighed and tightly grinned. He turned his head to his only hope.

He blankly started at Jongdae, before it dawned on him. "I wish I could help you, I mean-I don't know how!" He threw his hands in the air.

"Luhan, please help me."

Luhan bit his tongue and thought about it. "If I end up ruining your love life, don't kill me, " he shook his head, giving up.

"Thanks, Luhan."

"Do not thank me, you're already making me feel guilty just by being talked to about the whole thing."

"Well?" 

That brings Chen back to the current situation.

"Um . . . "

"Chen, if you don't tell me-"

He quickly shut his eyes and blurted out, "WE'RE GOING ON A DATE." Chen opened one eye and waited for her reaction.

"D-Date?" she stuttered. "As in . . .  romance date?"

He was, in no doubt, flustered. "Y-Yeah . . . Is that, " he gulped, "okay?"

Her answer was not he expected.

"It's okay with me." She then playfully winked, making his heart beat wildly.  "Just take care of me, like you always do?"

Chen avoided her gaze and noticed that the people all crossed. The light just changed. He continued driving, not noticing Amy's sneaky glances.

It's like . . . Is this how it feels?

Is this how . . . 

Love feels?

 

____________________________________________________________

 

Hullo! I haven't updated in a while, sorry about that >< 

I do have a question though, do you guys prefer: longer chapters and less current updating. Or a bit short chapters and faster updates? (Just a quick question)

AND IT FEELS LIKE THE FEELINGS ARE MUTUAL BETWEEN CHEN AND AMYYYYYYY

Yehet!

If I'm dragging the story, just tell me, okay? :)

Happy late birthday Kim Joonmyun <3

See you soon,

Lynn

P.S: I'm sorry for y chapters T^T

Song: Holler by TTS