Chapter Twenty One

The Wallflower { Editing again }

[ Chapter 21, Chen's number, YEHET.]

Chapter Twenty One:

Amy Made Headlines

 

Amy rejected Lay's pleading dimples for a ride to school and ended up merrily walking to school by herself. It was quite a struggle to fight past Chen's cheekbone smile, D.O's squishyness, and Lay's dimple, but she got through it.

"It was only just a dream~" She sang as she turned a corner. Her headphones were on as she sang, her mind half into the song. Some people looked at her weirdly as Amy was singing a song in English, but Amy shrugged it off and continued her way. It was a duet song, but she sang all parts, except for the parts that overlapped.

"It would be nice to sing this with someone..."

Amy turned the last corner and she arrived at school, and stopped singing. She took a deep breath and went into the hallways.

But she didn't notice the looks everyone was giving her.

Scratch that-People actually were looking at her.

 

Tiffany pulled up a chair to Amy before class started.

"Yah." Tiffany poked Amy on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" 

"The whole school has been talking about you."

Amy's eyes widened. "W-Wait, w-why?" Why would they be talking about me?

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. "You haven't checked the news or social media lately have you?"

She shook her head, "Nope."

Tiffany sighed, "Here, read for yourself."

Breaking News: Kim Jongdae from Kim Company dating? Chen (Kim Jongdae) from EXO dating?

Reports have found Chen from the well known group, EXO, to be with an unknown female, and walking into her house in a very intimate position. It was also seen, that other members, Do Kyungsoo and Zhang Yixing were also there. Below are pictures taken by reporters. Many fans are fuming and have already released several threats on social media. But is Kim Jongdae really dating? Or is this a misunderstanding? SM Entertainment has not released an official statement yet, and neither has Kim Company.

"What the..." Amy dropped the newspaper. She looked at the pictures, and it was clearly HD, with her face showing slightly. "How..."

Tiffany patted her on the back. "Don't worry, I'll stay with you to protect you."

Amy hung her head low, her hair covering her face. "I need protection? Tiffany, what's going to happen?" Was I doing something wrong...I knew I shouldn't have let my guard down.

"Nothing is going to happen to you, I pro-"

"Lee Sungmi, please come to the principal's office."

Amy nervously stood up, stares came from every side of the room. She gulped and headed towards the office. No one else knew, but she heard the hurried and hushed whispers once she took a step out of the room.

 

She gently knocked on the door. "May I come in?"

"Come in Sungmi."

Amy carefully opened the door, and saw Chen already sitting, along with his parents. She paused in her steps, but walked over to the empty seat next to Chen. She bowed to the principal and the Kims and they slightly bowed back.

"My, you have such nice manners." Chen's mom, Mrs. Kim praised. "At least this one seems kind and smart." She added, smiling to Chen's dad, Mr. Kim.

"T-Thank you?" Amy said unsure.

"Don't be nervous Sungmi, you are not in trouble." The principal smiled. "We just wanted to talk about how we are going to..."  Her voice trailed off.

"We're here to talk about how to keep you safe from dangerous girls." Mrs.Kim explained. "We will have EXO being around you and that seems very simple, as they seem very fond of you already."

"But there is one small problem." Mr. Kim frowned. "I don't want to force you..."

"What is it?" Amy took a glance at Chen. He noticed her look and he smiled.

"Aw! This should be so simple then!" Mrs. Kim's face brightened.

"All you need to do is to pretend you are actually dating Chen."

Amy and Chen's jaw dropped. "What?!" They both shouted.

"Is there no other way?" Amy asked.

"Mom!"

Mr. and Mrs. Kim both sadly shook their heads. "I'm sorry," Mrs. Kim said, "There's no other way. Denying the scandal will only ruin Jongdae's image and career."

Her eyes widened. "I-I'll do it." I can't let his future be ruined by me...

"Are you sure Sungmi?" Chen worriedly asked. "I mean...I don't want to be a burden."

"Aww!" Mrs. Kim excitedly shook her husband. "They look adorable together!"

Amy and Chen's face flushed pink at her words.

"N-No-"

"It has been settled then. I'll try to reset Sungmi's schedule to fit Chen's, and I assume Mr. and Mrs. Kim that you will hold a press conference." The principal bowed and left the room, leaving an awkward silence.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat and stood up. "It was nice meeting you Sungmi, but Mrs. Kim and I need to leave." He turned to Chen, "I'll see at home tonight son."

Mrs. Kim gave Amy a quick motherly smile and the two were out the door.

Don't go...Aish. I made a pun.

Now, leaving Chen and Amy with an awkward silence. After a few minutes of feet shuffling, Chen broke the ice.

"Hi Sungmi...Sorry for getting you into this mess."

Amy eye smiled at him. "It's okay. And hi."

"You seem...calm."

She crossed her legs, "I'm not calm, I'm internally freaking out, but yeah, I'm 'calm'."

Chen slowly nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. "Wow, this is a bit awkward."

"So lets make it not awkward; how was your day today?"

 

"I have to go to the conference?" Amy chewed on her candy, "I have to? Can I handle the reporters? I could barely handle the looks from everyone at school earlier!" She flailed her arms above her head. 

It was the end of the school day, and when Amy continued her classes, people staring at her 24/7. Some less secretly then others. A girl already tried to, 'attack' her, but was shot down with Luhan's death glare.

D.O laughed, "Yes you do, and you look very cute right now."

Amy's arms stopped midway and blinked. "Cute?"

D.O cheekily smiled. "Yeah-but moving on, we need to get you ready." He looked her up and down.

She felt self conscious all of a sudden and crossed her arms. "What do you mean by...'ready'?" She was just wearing a poka-dotted short sleeve with buttons and light blue jeans. The shirt was styled like a plaid shirt, but without the plaid.

"Yeah, I think Sungmi looks fine just the way she is." 

D.O and Sungmi looked at the new voice that spoke. "Of course you would think that Chen, you have a-"

Chen covered D.O's mouth with a grin. "Nothing." Was what he said when Amy raised an eyebrow at him. "And I do think you look fine like that."

Her heart fluttered at the compliment but she shooed it away. "So how do I act in a press conference?"

"Just act the way you usually act, it's better to be natural." Chen said.

"Just be more formal and nicer."

"Geez, thanks D.O."

"You're welcome."

"....B*tch."

 

"Please welcome Chen and Lee Sungmi."

Cameras flashes went off and Amy shakily walked up to the panel. Chen noticed her shaky moves and grabbed her hand. He gently squeezed it to assure that everything was going to be okay. More flashed went off, lenses zooming in on their intertwined hands.

*skip forward to questions*

"When did you and Sungmi ssi start dating Chen?" 

Chen pretended that he thought about it. "About a year, we're still new at dating."

"Sungmi ssi, how do you think dating Chen is?"

"I think it's the most best thing that happened to me. Well second best, my first best thing are my parents and family." Amy smiled, "To be honest, I at first was scared of liking Chen, or EXO in general because of angry fans and angry people. Since I learned that society is a harsh place. But I just couldn't let down Jongdae. Not everyone needs to accept me, but I wish that you take care of me." She walked to the front and did a 90 degree bow. Then she walked back and sat down feeling accomplished. 

-Chen-

Chen's heart almost exploded from the meaning of her words. Even though they weren't all true (he could notice) but the words hit him hard, in a good way. He smirked at the sight of stunned reporters that were obviously going to make bad reports about Amy.

"Wow, Sungmi ah." Amy turned to him with a questioning look.

"Saranghaeyo!" He made a heart above his head and smiled the most sweetest smile ever.

-Chen-

 

-Amy-

Amy almost melted into a pile of goo on the spot. Just like the female reporters too. She couldn't help but smile back.

"I love you too."

-Amy-

 

-Chen-

Chen couldn't stop smiling like an idiot on his way home. Amy had to move in with his family, since her living alone was too dangerous for her. His parents called her parents and they were at first shocked, but agreed in a heartbeat. 

"Why are you smiling so much? The press conference got pretty mushy at the end."

Mrs. Kim smacked Mr. Kim on the arm. "Yah, it wasn't mushy, it was heavenly to me, and leave our son alone."

But poor Jongdae was still in his little bubble, the scene replaying in his head.

It shouldn't have affected him so much.

Reason why it did: It was said in English.

And that just had the final kick on the poor soul.

 

-Amy-

Amy's back slid again her house's door once she closed it. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I hope I did well... She opened her eyes at the memory of Chen saying "Saranghae" to her. I know it was for show...But why can't my mind know that? Then her eyes widened. Why did say it back? In English too? She shook her head and covered . I really said that... Amy stood up and slapped her face lightly.

"I'll just shower and clear my mind..."

After showering, Mrs. Kim called her and told her that she would start moving in tomorrow. At first Amy was wondering about how she got her number, but shrugged it off, knowing that she wasn't just some stranger knowing her number. 

"Just don't freak out when Kris comes to drop you at your house after school."

Amy laughed, "Okay Mrs. Kim. I hope you have a great night sleep!"

"What a nice young lady, good night to you too."

She flopped onto her bed and sighed. She buried her face into her pillow and cuddled herself with her blankets. She embraced the soft touch of her bed and sighed again.

"What am I doing with my life?"

Amy rolled onto her back and hugged her pillow. "My answer: I'm dating an EXO member and I'm moving in with him. I'm also probably wide known in every Asian country..." Then she sighed again covered her face with her pillow. "My life is crazy." 

~Flower~

Hullo~ I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that it wasn't too short... When I write long chapters, it gets laggy...

*Like right now*

There was a lot of time skips in this chapter, sorry about that.

I also apologize for grammar mistakes.

See you soon,

Lynn

P.S: I was hyper today but tired from my trip to Japan Town.