Chapter Sixteen

The Wallflower { Editing again }

Chapter Sixteen:

Back Story

(Probably has grammar mistakes and stuff, and it's short, but just wanted to update!)

Amy took a deep breath. "Well here we go..." She said.

"You don't have to tell me if you want." Chen told her.

She shook her head. "I'm going to tell you before I change my mind okay? Now quiet."

Chen nodded and gestured for her to continue.

"Okay...Let's begin..."

She cleared .

"It all started in middle school, back then I was a 'social butterfly' believe it or not. I had friends, and Yeonrin was actually one of them. My best friend. But then in 7th grade, she started changing. I didn't notice at first, and I regret that...A lot."

"In 8th grade, I used to have a small crush on this guy...And Yeonrin said she'll help me with me."

"One day, I caught her making out with him. A-And." Her fists started clenching. "And when she looked back to me, she smirked and continued kissing him. She told me how me liking him, got her closer to him. Not me.  I started crying, feeling betrayed and used. The next day, I realized how she actually told everyone about me liking the guy. She said this in front of everybody, 'Sungmi's a . I told her that I liked...And she tried to steal him from me. Everyone, she's a dirty liar.' "

Amy started to cry. "A-And." She stuttered. "Everyone trusted her more than me. My friends turned their backs on me, calling me names behind my back, my...even my family didn't listen to me for a month. Turned out, I realized how being friendly wasn't always good. Everyone who said I was nice, started making up lies about how I tried to flirt with them. Guys and girls. They tried to make an image of me, that wasn't real."

She sniffled a bit. "Even the teachers, I could see them shaking their heads at me behind my back. All Yeonrin did was laugh and become one of the popular ones, the ones we always laughed about. What really hurt me, was how much I trusted her. We've been friends since grade 5, and she just threw it away. It showed me how horrifying society is, how bad and greedy some people are. In a school performance, they replaced me for her, saying that my reputation at the moment was too 'un pure' at the moment. I didn't get it. What did I do wrong? What did I do wrong?"

She rubbed her eyes with her sleeves. Chen sat there, silent of how cruel those people were to Amy. His heart burned with a fire he never felt before. 

"So I cut off all ties with people. Except my family, well after that month. All of the drama just made me feel...made me feel ty. I noticed how the people who stayed in the crowd, they never had any big trouble with the school. Yes, the school." Amy added, seeing Chen's confused face.

"How?" He asked.

"The principal, the ing principal even made me sit through a speech. About how things changed with me. When I didn't change!" She shouted. "The one who really changed, into a little devil too, was Yeonrin. But, she was the one getting all the praise. I'm not jealous of that, I would've been jumping for joy, if she didn't do it the wrong way. She...I never knew why she did that. So I held my feelings from bursting. From slapping her, from trying to tell everyone the truth." Amy scoffed. "But even if I did try, which I did to, they never listened to me. They were blinded by the 'Angel Yeonrin'."

"Wow..." Chen said. He was just speechless.

"Yeah..." Amy sighed. She was about to rub her tears away with her sleeves when Chen handed her a tissue.

"Don't use your sleeve, use the tissue."

She took the tissue and wiped her eyes. "S-Sorry for breaking down. That was my story."

And Chen put his arm around her shoulder and leaned Amy's head to the crook of his neck. It wasn't intimate right now, just to solely comfort Amy.

"Is this okay?" Chen asked.

Amy nodded. "Thanks Jongdae."

No words were needed. Just the sniffles and soothing words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating much, this is just a short chapter I wanted to make. My family is going through some stuff, but it's okay. I hope you guys are doing well! I apologize for grammar mistakes and stuff.

Happy birthday Xiumin! Even though it's today in Korea, but tomorrow in America. You're our little steam bun, even though you are like...25? Anyway, I hope you eat well and have a nice birthday. Hope you have a nice comeback and have rest *ahem SM ahem*. I'll be listening and watching you guys in the most normal fan way. You've been through so much and endured it so well. I sincerely wish you good wishes and I love you!!!!

See you soon,

Lynn

P.S: School struggle TnT, but I'm getting through

P.S.S: Anyone else excited for EXO's comeback? The teasers are amazing ><