[Chapter Eighteen ]

The Wallflower { Editing again }

-Chapter Eighteen-


Ice Cream Cake

 

Amy's alarm clock rang, but today it was a bit different than her SHINee alarm clock song.

"Sunday morning rain is falling~"

She yawned and drowsily opened her eyes. She looked at her alarm and smiled, this was a tradition for her, to have Maroon 5's Sunday Morning play every Sunday. Amy sat up and let the song play, as she really liked this song. She stretched her arms and got out of bed.

She ran her hand through her hair and let it fall carelessly. She yawned again and walked to the bathroom. She took out her toothbrush and stuff and did her daily morning routine. Sunday Morning ended already, and Amy her I-Pod.

Amber's Height started playing and Amy moved around with the beat. She danced slightly while picking out her clothes. She picked out a green oversized sweater and denim shorts, white socks, and added her glasses lastly. She tied her hair into a loose ponytail and walked downstairs to make her breakfast.

Amy went to her refrigerator and took out her favorite lychee jelly drink. She slid across the floor with her socks and and danced along to a song that had a killer drum beat. 

"You're the one~," she sang with a falsetto while toasting a bagel. After it toasted, she spread cheese on top and sat down, still singing along to the song.

Yup...This morning was a good one for Amy.

 

She finished her food and went upstairs. She opened her laptop and started to just browse her YouTube and various websites.

Amy was in the middle of reading an article about the new drama coming up, when her phone beeped. She her phone and found that she got a text message...from Chen.

Chen: Hi! Ready for later today?

Amy's eyebrows pinched together. He was serious about that? She wondered.

Amy: Ready...for what exactly?

She waited a few seconds.

Chen: Didn't I tell you yesterday? I'm taking you out today~

Amy hesitated before replying.

Amy: ....Where?

Chen: Good, you're going!!! 

Chen: I'll drop by in...twelve minutes, be ready!

Amy sat there speechless, yet again. She looked at her phone, then at her window. Then back to her phone, the recent messages just sitting there. 

She groaned, "What have I gotten myself into?" She asked herself. I hope all goes well... Amy shut down her laptop and got ready, she was planning on going out anyway. She got her small leather bag and put her I-Pod, headphones, and phone inside.

 

Amy did not expect him to seriously arrive in twelve minutes, sharp, to be exact. 

She opened the door when she heard her doorbell ring.

"Who-Chen?" 

"Hi, and are you ready and steady?" He smiled in that way that just made her heart flutter in a tiny bit. Tiny bit.

"What the heck does 'steady' mean?", she raised her eyebrow.

"Ah," Chen rubbed his neck. "I'm not sure either..."

Amy rolled her eyes. "Want to come in?," she said, attempting to remember her manners.

He had to eye smile and waved his hand, "Nah, we can go now."

Amy nodded slowly and locked the door behind her. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere~" Chen replied as her opened the car door for Amy.

"You won't like do anything to me right?" Amy said.

Chen stopped in his tracks. "I would never, ever, do anything to you." He looked at Amy seriously before turning his regular face back on. "Moving on, we are going to..."

"To?..."

"To Never Land!"

Amy turned to him with the "Really now?" look.

"Okay, okay, we're going to an ice cream shop."

Her eyes brighten up at the sound of ice cream. "Ice cream?"

 "Yeah, ice cream."

"Chen, I like, love you right now. Giving me ice cream is a peace treaty-screw it, I mean any good food is nice."

Chen paused at first, but then laughed.

"Stop laughing!" Amy told him.

"Fine..." But he burst into laughter again.

"CHEN!"

 

So they arrived at the ice cream shop and Amy practically looked like a child in Toys R Us or something.

"This...used to be like my favorite ice cream shop ever." Amy's eyes wandered to every single object she could see.

"Really?," Chen said while looking at the various flavors. "You've been here before?"

She nodded, "I used to go here with old friends."

Memories flooded her mind; images of laughter, heartbreak, and smiles appeared. Amy smiled at them, even though the memories were made with people she now hated. The past is the past. She thought, Sometimes, you just have to let go.

"Next!" The worker said. "Now, what would you like?"

"Mhm." Amy said while smiling. "I would like an ice cream cake, vanilla, chocolate, honey, with the cherry on top please."

The employee gave Amy a strange look but shrugged. "Alright, a Red Velvet special for you Mr.Jongdae am I correct?"

"Yeah, thanks." Chen grinned, like he always was.

"That'll be $7.21, discounted for our regular costumer." The guy smiled and gestured for them to sit at a table.

"So." Amy sat down. "They even remember your order? Do you come here often or something?"

"I guess I do, and what's with the super long order?" 

"I just...like that cake."

"Never heard of it."

"You should try it."

"Sounds exotic to me."

"It's actually heavenly." She argued. "You just need to taste it."

"Will you share then?" Chen asked her with a grin.

"Hell no, it's my ice cream." 

"Hey, I'm paying for it."

Amy smirked, knowing she would win. "I never told you to pay, and I could've totally paid."

He pouted (which almost wavered Amy's smirk) and held his hands up defeated, "You win Sungmi."

"Of cour-Ice cream!!!" Amy shouted quietly.

A waitress gave them their food and left as quickly as she came.

"Aish...This looks so good." Amy said while picking up her fork. And it truly did.

[A/N I'm literally hungry right now so...Sorry if the picture is too big..]

"It does look good..." Chen said.

"I know right." was full of cake, but she didn't care.

"Sungmi you have a bit of ice cream on your face."

He leaned over the table and the corner of her lips with a napkin. "There, all cleaned up."

Amy's face turned the slightest red at Chen's action.

"I-I'm not a baby!" Amy objected with light pink cheeks.

"Sure you aren't." Chen teased.

Amy shook her head. This boy knows what he's doing... She thought.

"Just eat." Amy scooped another bite of her ice cream. "I'm not going to spend the whole day with you."

Chen titled his head after a drink of water. "Why not?" He asked.

"Chen, I may be a non social person, but I do have things to do."

"Like what?" Chen demanded.

"Book adopting."

"What." He nearly dropped his glass. "Book adopting, what is that?"

Amy looked at him, "I don't just buy books, I take good care of them, love them, and keep them. It's like adopting," she explained. "Hey, don't look at me like I'm an alien, it's normal."

Chen still had a doubtful look. "But that's not...'normal'." He had the quotation marks at normal.

Amy just shrugged again and ate another cherry. "It's not normal for you, but normal for me."

"...You're strange."

She held out a finger, "No sir, I'm weird."

 

~Flower~

 

Oh god, I don't know what to say. I started this story, just for fun, after reading numerous fanfics. And I never would imagine this story having 45 subscribers. That might seem very little, but for me, that says to me that 45 people like this story so much, they decided to even just check it out and subscribe!!!

/tears of joy/ 

You guys are just amazing and I hope you guys keep reading even though I'm not that good of a writer ><

I wanted to thank you, my lovely readers, so that's why there's '[]' on the chapter name, as this is a very important A/N (this thing right now) in this chapter.

Moving onto another topic-

I put so many puns in this chapter, it amazes me. And this is the first time I'm saying this but, I want to see if you guys can find them and tell me about the chapters, so possibly comment? It's okay if you don't, I don't want to 'force' you people too.

Side thing, I'm wondering instead of calling you guys 'readers', should I call you guys 'Peaches' or something?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I apologize for any grammar mistakes, and that chapters are sometimes very short...

Here are some songs I listened to:

Song right now: Stop It by B.A.P

Before...

Something by TVXQ (not Girls Day mkay)

​Ice Cream Cake by Red Velvet (so obvious...)

Hurt by EXO

I wish you guys a nice day/night/or whatever and...Wow, I'm so awkward.

See you soon,

Lynn <3