In the End, it's Still Us

No Other Woman

First of all, I hope you realized I made a double chapter and that there's chapter 24. :>

Second, please listen to this while reading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WOP9_d0qs

 

 


 

 

It’s been the same day for the past four years for Sooyoung. She got ready for today, passing the frame she kept within these four years. How was he? Is he happy with her? She didn’t let him go to let him suffer. Even if she’s in pain, she just wishes that he’s happy with her. This will just be one of those days that will pass that when she tries to forget him, but she can’t. All her life she was with him, and now, he’s gone with another one.

 

She looked at the mirror and smiled. She needs to be strong for someone else. She’s glad that that person was in her life. She has reasons to smile and be strong, but she still longed for him after all these years. She tried to bury the pain and memories of him, but who is she kidding. It’s clear to everyone that she’s just been sticking a fake smile on her face for the past four years. It’s not easy to live like that, but she tried living like that.

 

“Sooyoung, are you ready?” Siwon knocked on her door and she nodded. She took her bag and looked at the pictures before going to work. How did four years pass so quickly? She can still remember when he first woke up in her arms, now she thinks he wakes up in the arms of another.

 

Sitting in the passenger’s seat, Siwon squeezed her hand, giving her an assuring smile that things will be alright. She believed him. He had been her pillar for the past four years. Without him, she had given up a long time.

 

“Donghae will follow afterwards, right?” Siwon asked and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“She’ll just pick Sunkyu up and follow us with her,” Sooyoung said and looked outside the window. The car stopped because the stoplight turned red. She continued to scan the streets. Upon, looking, she saw a familiar face.

 

“Kyuhyun?” she muttered.

 

“What?” Siwon looked at Sooyoung.

 

“Nothing,” Sooyoung shook her head. She must just be missing him. She might just be delusional. It’s impossible that Kyuhyun was back at Seoul. She would know. The guy would at least tell Donghae and the latter will tell her. She looked once again and saw that the guy walked the pedestrian lane. Sooyoung suddenly stepped out of the car and called for his name.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah!” Sooyoung called, but the sounds of cars were too loud for her to be heard.

 

“Sooyoung, get back in the car,” Siwon called for her. The stoplight was about to turn green, so she went back to the car.

 

“Did you see him?” Siwon asked. There was pain in his heart, but what can he do. He knows the girl’s heart more than anyone.

 

“I thought I saw him, but I think I saw it falsely. I’m sorry. Just drive. Omma might be waiting,” Sooyoung closed her eyes and sighed. She felt like she was desperate earlier. Her eyes might be deceiving her. ‘It’s all a lie,’ she thought, because it maybe perhaps all lies.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

She came down from the plane and scanned around. She’s back after a few years. Lifting her sunglasses, you can clearly see the big engagement ring on her finger. Anyone who can see it might feel jealous at the beautiful ring on her finger.

 

“Yoona~” Her fiancé called. She looked back and helped him with the baggage. She giggled at his cuteness. He was always charming in her eyes. When they were all set, he took her hand and clasped with his. She gave him a warm smile before they stepped out of the airport and hailing the cab.

 

“Are you ready to see them?” He asked her.

 

“Of course I am. I just hope they are,” she sighed and looked out the window.

 

“I think they are. There’s nothing for us to worry about, right?” He patted her head. She smiled and hugged her. After two hours, they went to the convention they heard that Sooyoung’s company had sponsored this year. Yoona entered and looked around. There were a lot of businesspeople around. She tried looking for Sooyoung and it took a while before she found her.

 

Sooyoung was checking around the stocks of their products they had for their booth. Her younger sister, Sulli, is managing the stand while her mom interacts with other guests. Yoona smiled when she saw Siwon come near her. You can definitely see the love in Siwon’s eyes for Sooyoung.

 

“Sooyoung…” Yoona called her and she turned. She was shocked to see Yoona standing in front of her.

 

“Yoona—,”

 

“Omma!” A little girl suddenly came in between Sooyoung and Yoona. Yoona was surprised to see the girl. She couldn’t believe that Sooyoung has a daughter already.

 

“Sorry, she was excited!” Donghae suddenly came nearer them. Yoona looked at Donghae and wondered if he was the father.

 

“How about a kiss for me?” Siwon pouted his lips to the little girl. The little girl was about to kiss Siwon, but she slapped him. They got shocked, but the little girl just smirked, just like how his father does.

 

“Sunkyu!” Sooyoung reprimanded her daughter for hitting Siwon.

 

“Hmph!” The little girl crossed her arms as Sooyoung puts her on the ground.

 

“Sooyoung…” her attention was caught by Yoona again.

 

“Yoona, how are you?” Sooyoung suddenly ask. She doesn’t want to see Kyuhyun yet. She was not ready, but she knows that one day, their paths will meet again.

 

“I'm good. I brought someone,” Yoona said and turned to look for the person she brought with her. Sooyoung felt nervous. She was gonna see Kyuhyun after a long time.

 

“Sooyoung, this is Seung Gi, my fiancé,” Yoona introduced. Sooyoung was shocked but didn’t want to be rude. She shook his hand and smiled.

 

“Seung Gi, can you give us time to catch up with each other?” Yoona asked and Seung Gi gladly complies.

 

“I know you have a lot of questions,” Yoona sighed and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“Where’s Kyuhyun? What happened between the two of you?” Sooyoung asked. She wanted to see him, but she can’t say it.

 

“Kyuhyun and I lasted two years. But our jobs were so hectic and we were too busy with each other. We decided to just end things since it seems that we really don’t have time for each other. When we ended, I knew he continued to work for us, but we rarely saw each other. I heard he went back to one of our branches here. I was expecting that he went back to you, but it seems that you also have no word from him. Then I met Seung Gi. We’re actually engaged now and we’re getting married by the end of the year,” Yoona explained. She noticed the little girl and knew she needs to find out.

 

“Is that your daughter?” Yoona asked and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“She’s four years old. She’s so stubborn,” she chuckled.

 

“She reminds me of someone,” Yoona said and looked at her. She has Sooyoung’s eyes, but the attitude reminds her of someone who is as stubborn as the child.

 

“She had my beauty, but she had his father’s attitude,” Sooyoung chuckled.

 

“Omma, where is appa? Is he coming home today?” Sunkyu asked.

 

“Appa will come home soon,” Sooyoung lied and let her go to her aunt Sulli.

 

“She’s your child with him?” Yoona asked and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“She always asks where her appa is. I always tell her that her appa is busy with work. I can’t tell her the truth,” Sooyoung tried to fight the tears. She shook her head and sighed. It was already lunch time and she wanted to eat with her daughter.

 

“Sunkyu… Sunkyu? Where’s Sunkyu?!” Sooyoung panicked, causing Donghae and Siwon to look at her.

 

“I thought you have her, unni!” Sulli panicked as well. She didn’t realize that the girl was with her earlier.

 

“SUNKYU IS MISSING!” Sooyoung yelled and the four of them, including Yoona, looked for the girl in the sea of people.

 

They kept looking for her. Sooyoung can’t lose her. Her life now revolves on Sunkyu. She felt like crying since she cannot find her own daughter. She stepped out of the venue and then she heard the voice she had been looking for.

 

“Omma!” Sooyoung turned and saw little Sunkyu run after her.

 

“Sunkyu!” Sooyoung bent down and hug her own daughter. “Where have you been?! Omma was worried about you!” She said and wiped off the sweat from her daughter. She also noticed that Sunkyu was eating a lollipop. “Where did you get that? I told you don’t steal or don’t get whatever strangers give you!” Sooyoung said.

 

“But omma, the ahjusshi looks so nice! Sunkyu likes him!” Sunkyu says. Sooyoung sighs and picks her up.

 

“Where’s the ahjusshi so I can thank him for taking care of you and for apologizing for taking the candy?” Sooyoung asked and Sunkyu looked for him.

 

“There he is, omma! Ahjusshi! Ahjusshi!” Sunkyu pointed and Sooyoung reprimanded her daughter again for pointing.

 

The said ahjusshi turned around and smiled at Sooyoung. Sooyoung saw who it was and was shocked to see who it was. Just like before, her heart began to beat at a pace she could not control. All those feelings that she had for him for all these years were returning. She blinked once, twice and many more to make sure that she wasn’t dreaming.

 

Kyuhyun was really standing in front of him.

 

“Sooyoung, I—“ Instead of talking to him, Sooyoung ran. When she knew they weren’t gonna be seen by him, Sunkyu tugged on her mother’s sleeve.

 

“Omma, why did we run away? Was that ahjusshi a bad guy?” she asked. Sooyoung shook her head. She walked back to the stall and handed Sunkyu to Siwon.

 

“What’s wrong, Soo? You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” Donghae commented and touched her forehead.

 

“Omma saw someone,” Sunkyu blurted out.

 

“Who did she see?” Yoona asked.

 

“That ahjusshi,” Sunkyu pointed. They turned their heads and were shocked to see Kyuhyun. Sooyoung wanted to run away, but Kyuhyun was fast enough to hold her arm.

 

“Sooyoung, we need to talk,” Kyuhyun pleaded. Everyone gave her a look, telling her to talk with him.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

“It’s been years,” Kyuhyun began the conversation. They were sitting in a bench outside the building where the event was happening.

 

“It is,” Sooyoung said and looked at the tree before them. No people were passing by. It was just them. Kyuhyun looked at her and noticed how she had physically changed. The girl who was all smiles doesn’t seem to be smiling anymore. Her eyes don’t seem to have that glow that she used to have. He can only blame himself for whatever happened to Sooyoung.

 

“Soo—“

 

“So, when did you return?” Sooyoung asked, still not looking at him.

 

“When Yoona and I decided that our relationship won’t work, I flew back to Korea. I took the time to think about what my life meant, what I want to do... and to understand my heart,” Kyuhyun closed his eyes and let a tear drop.

 

Sooyoung looked at him. He was still handsome as ever in her eyes. His scars were the most beautiful she had ever seen. All those years that felt like something was missing was filled when she saw him. Now that they’re together, he’s just so close to her, and yet, he was still so far from her reach. She stretched out her hand, about to wipe his tear, but he opened his eyes, causing her to look away. Now, it was Kyuhyun’s turn to look at her again.

 

“The child earlier,” Kyuhyun wanted to know if Sooyoung had loved Donghae or Siwon. He had guessed that Sooyoung loved the latter by the way he cared for Sooyoung’s child. But he hoped that she hasn’t. He hoped that it was his.

 

“Her name’s Sunkyu,” Sooyoung answered.

 

“Sunkyu… Such a lovely name,” Kyuhyun smiled and Sooyoung did too. The wind blew, causing Sooyoung’s hair to fly.

 

“Is he—“

 

“Siwon’s?” Sooyoung asked. Kyuhyun nodded his head, while she just shook her head. Kyuhyun had bigger hopes.

 

“Then is she—“

 

“She’s also not Donghae’s,” Sooyoung answered and finally looked at Kyuhyun. He looked at the ground. No words were said for the answer is clear.

 

“There are many things that change. For one, we grew older,” they both chuckled.

 

“Your business seems to have grown too,” Kyuhyun added. Silence enveloped them before Kyuhyun was able to say anything more.

 

“But even if many things change. There is one thing that I’m sure that hasn’t changed,” Kyuhyun said and stood up. He kneeled in front of Sooyoung and held her hands.

 

“I’ve been the biggest jerk out there. We let go of what could be the perfect love because I destroyed it. I’m sorry, Sooyoung. If you allow me, can we begin again? Let’s keep those good memories we had, but I want us to start a new one. Let’s write a new book. You and me… with Sunkyu,” he looked directly into her eyes. He could not read her. Her eyes were just staring at him. He hoped that she will at least give him a chance to restart something new. He felt like losing hope when she wasn’t answering. Kyuhyun doesn’t want to pressure her anymore, so he just sighed and stood up.

 

“I’m not pressuring you if you don’t want to rekindle those old flames. I was just hoping that maybe, just maybe, you have forgiven me even a little and would want to restart again, but I guess you don’t want. It’s fine with me,” Kyuhyun forced a smile and stood up. He turned around and closed his eyes. Maybe things wouldn’t go like he expected to be. He was took a few steps when his hand was grabbed.

 

“Wait,” Sooyoung held his hand and tightly held it. “You didn’t give me a chance to say something,” she said. Kyuhyun turned and looked at her.

 

“When you chose Yoona, I can’t deny the fact that it hurts. I began to think that maybe we really weren’t meant for each other. Then years later, here we are, hoping that things will be fixed between us. We’re just the same. I also hoped that we’d be together in the end. Others may call me a fool for still loving you after all these years. And I still do love you after what happened, after what you did. I still do, Kyuhyun. It’s still you in my heart,” Sooyoung sobbed.

 

 Kyuhyun hugged Sooyoung. It’s been years since they both hugged each other. It feels surreal that they were finally able to hold each other again. They miss the comfort of the other. Their hearts were beating with each other and for each other. Kyuhyun was right at what he thought. In the end, his heart will only belong to Sooyoung. As for Sooyoung, those years of waiting paid off. There was no more use of lying to her daughter, to their daughter.

 

“Stop crying,” Kyuhyun whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead. He wiped her tears. He kissed her cheeks before giving her a kiss on the lips. Those sparks were there again. There was that feeling that only Sooyoung can give to Kyuhyun. There was no one else for him but her.

 

“Omma!” They parted and turned to see little Sunkyu run towards Sooyoung.

 

“Sorry. She wanted to see you,” Siwon smiled. “Well then, I guess I’ll leave you two,” he left them.  He loves Sooyoung so much, that is why she is letting her free. He never took advantage of her weak state. He will just look bad like that. He walks back to Donghae who was feeling the same way. Sooyoung was and will always be for Kyuhyun.

 

“What does Sunkyu want?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Sunkyu is hungry,” she pouted. She noticed the ahjusshi from earlier and faced him.

 

“Omma, o you know this ahjusshi? Sunkyu likes this ahjusshi, please don't get mad at him,” Sunkyu said. Maybe it’s time for Sooyoung to make her family complete.

 

“Sunkyu-ah, this is your appa,” Sooyoung told her. Sunkyu looked at Kyuhyun, who wore a big smile.

 

“Are you really my appa?” Sunkyu asked with big eyes. She wanted to know where had her father been all these years. But that doesn’t matter now because her father is now standing in front of her.

 

“Yes I am, Sunkyu-ah. I’m your father,” Kyuhyun said and Sunkyu hugged him. It felt good for Kyuhyun to hug his own daughter and to finally say that he is her father. No wonder he felt a connection when he first saw her earlier because she was his own blood.

 

“Appa, why are you crying?” Sunkyu asked and Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

“Appa is just happy to see Sunkyu,” he smiled and her hair. Sunkyu smiled and hugged her appa. She just believed him because there was an unexplainable feeling she felt with Kyuhyun. She didn’t know that she was already facing her father.

 

“So, what do you want to do? Play? Go to the mall? Eat?” Kyuhyun asked. Sunkyu smirked at her father and couldn’t be any proud. She did get his attitude and his trademark smirk.

 

“Hmmm.. Sunkyu is hungry!” She said and pouted. Kyuhyun ruffled her hair and smiled.

 

“Then appa will treat Sunkyu out to eat,” he said. Sunkyu jumped and pecked him on the cheek.

 

“I’ll just go to aunt Sulli to have my hair in pigtails!” Sunkyu ran to Sulli, who was in the entrance, talking to some guy.

 

“You have progress already,” Sooyoung chuckled.

 

“She’s my daughter. Even if we’ve been separated for many years, we have this connection that we felt when we saw each other,” Kyuhyun explained. They were still eyeing Sunkyu, who tugged on Sulli’s arm. Kyuhyun smiled and looked at Sooyoung.

 

“I hope we also progress quickly,” he said. Sooyoung turned and blinked at him.

 

“I’m not expecting for things to happen so quickly. I’m just hoping you don’t regret giving me another chance,” Kyuhyun said and held Sooyoung’s cheek. She blushed and smile at him.

 

“It won’t happen so fast, but I’m willing rebuild everything that was destroyed.”

 

 

 

Yoona finally understood what love was and found it on someone else. But she can’t deny that if it wasn’t for Kyuhyun, she would never learn what love is. Her mistakes were forgiven. From mistress to friends, their friendship was built in the weirdest way. 

 

 

As for Kyuhyun and Sooyoung, their lives will not just focus on their themselves, but also with their child.

 

 

When something breaks, it is replaced with something better. This is what Kyuhyun offered. Their marriage broke, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be replaced with something better. It’s still them, but they won’t commit the same mistakes again. No more mistakes, no more faults. This is a new beginning in their lives. It’s not just about them anymore. The story has new characters now.

 

Love is unpredictable. We really couldn’t say if that person is really the one. But do we really believe in destiny or do we just listen to the name of our hearts say? No can say and no one can understand your situation in love until you're the one involved.

 

To make a marriage successful, both partners should have trust, faithfulness and most of all love. If one is missing, then the foundation of a fruitful marriage is gone. When you get married, don't try to commit the same mistakes they did. Be a better person and love your spouse and future family with all your heart.

 

 


 

Hello. Uhm, thank you for subscribing to this fic. I never expected the number of subscribers I'll have for this. I never thought people would read this. I thought people will hate this, but things happened otherwise. I hope you still support me in my other stories. But if you won't, it was nice to encounter you. :>

 

Now, I'll just finish my KyuNa fic, Give Me a Reason to Live before releasing my Christmas oneshots then I shall release a short SooWon story and lastly, the sequel for My Teacher Taught Me How To Love.

 

You may leave your comments on the comment section or on my wall or you want to interact with me more. :D If you also have twitter, you can follow me @bigspacestar22 . :D

 

Advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all~ :D