Pain and Distrust

No Other Woman

“Stop!” Seohyun grabbed Yoona’s arm again, trying to stop her friend from drinking more.

 

“I hate her! I hate this!” Yoona yelled again. She was in a bar with Seohyun and Sunye. With the loud music that was playing, others won’t mind that she is crying.

 

“Why are you even crying?! What are you even saying?! Why are you like this?!” Sunye asked. She doesn’t know anything. Seohyun looked at her, wanting to say about Yoona’s case, but she has no right.

 

“If you were in my position, what will you do?” Yoona asked the two. Seohyun doesn’t know what do while Sunye was still lost.

 

“Yoona, I don’t understand?! Tell me what your problem is so I know how I can help you!” Sunye shook her.

 

“My problem is that I fell in love!” She said with a sarcastic laugh, bringing a shock the two of them. “Yes, the girl who never believed in love happened to fall in love. Now tell me, what will you do if the only man is unfortunately married?! I am not giving Kyuhyun up without putting a god damn fight!” She threw her martini glass, causing it to crash.

 

“What have you gotten yourself into? I warned you, didn’t I?” Seohyun told her.

 

“Yoona, you knew in the first place that he was married, why did you continue your affair with him?” Sunye asked as a concerned friend. Of all the flings and relationships her friend has been into, this might be the worse that Yoona has gotten into.

 

“At first I thought that we were just two adults having fun. Little did I know that things would be more than just that. The more we got to be together, the more that my heart began to develop feelings for him. Earlier, Sooyoung invited me to their house for dinner. I wasn’t ready. I think she knows.”

 

“Then why are you still putting yourself in a relationship that can hurt more people and not just yourself?! What if news gets out?! Your dad would also get affected,” Sunye told Yoona.

 

“I won’t. I won’t stop. I can’t stop. I love Kyuhyun.”

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

It had been more than a week since the incident with Yoona at the Cho residence. Ever since that night, things never got better. The couple only talked with simple conversations and questions like, ‘where’s the food?’ and ‘where’s my clothes?’ There were nothing more than that. They don’t even call each other by any sweet calling. They never had a proper conversation again.

 

Between Yoona and Kyuhyun, things were back to normal. And when I say normal, it means back to sneaky dates, stealing kisses and late night adventures. Yoona could never be happier. She actually thought that she can have Kyuhyun with no one to worry about. His wife is now the least of her worries. Besides, the release of the game Kyuhyun had created is just around the corner.

 

Since Kyuhyun had been spending most of his time with Yoona, Sooyoung decided to busy herself with work. She was always at the house of her parents, helping to manage the business. When she was asked as to why she suddenly decided to help with the family’s business, she answered that she wants to venture into business and that being in the house had been boring her for the past weeks. When in reality, she needs distraction away from Kyuhyun.

 

Soon, Kyuhyun noticed Sooyoung was always leaving to take care of their business. She would even leave the home earlier than he is and when Kyuhyun would go home, she was asleep. For some reason, it disturbed him. He was worried of the possibility that what if Sooyoung was cheating on him? So one morning, he confronted her.

 

“Sooyoung, you’re in a hurry,” Kyuhyun said as he sits in the couch with a newspaper in his hands.

 

“Yes, I am. I woke up a little late and I’m going over to check on the financial status of the company,” she said and took a piece of bread and drank a glass of milk.

 

“Tell me, Sooyoung, are you really going to your mother’s house then to the company?” Kyuhyun said and stood up, slowly walking to his wife.

 

“Yes, I am. Is there a problem to that?” Sooyoung said and gave Kyuhyun a questioning look.

 

“Because I’m beginning to think that you’re cheating on me.”

 

“My god. Cho Kyuhyun! You know very well that I would never dare to cheat on you, you hypocrite! Can you please think before you say things?!” Sooyoung yelled and was about to storm out when Kyuhyun held her wrist, causing her to turn to him.

 

“Then why do you always smell different?! I go home and you’re asleep. I wake up and see you have left or are leaving the house.”

 

“Are you forgetting that we have a perfume line?! You never forget things, Kyuhyun. Also, the reason I sleep when you go home is because I get tired from work and I can’t waste my time waiting for you unlike before. I have priorities now like you since I can’t be your first priority anyway. And I wear perfumes from our line. Unlike someone who seems to be using someone else’s perfume. ”

 

“Sooyoung, you have always been my first priority!” He yelled, ignoring her last part.

 

“Are you serious?! Me? I have actually forgotten. Ever since you got back from the vacation and since your game proposal had been chosen, we began to fall apart!”

 

“Are you saying that I shouldn’t have been there? Sooyoung, you forced me to go in that vacation. Also, I thought I’ve made it clear that this meant a lot for my career and for our future family?!”

 

“I don’t know, Kyuhyun. I’m leaving,” Sooyoung said and pulled away from Kyuhyun, getting her bag. But Kyuhyun was faster than her and held her wrist again.

 

“You are not going to work. You are not going anywhere,” Kyuhyun said firmly. Sooyoung threw her bag on the floor and glared at Kyuhyun.

 

“Fine then. I stay here because I’m just your wife and you’re the husband who has authority. Just go to work and leave me alone, would you?!” Sooyoung pushed Kyuhyun out of the house and immediately slump on the floor. While Kyuhyun just sighed and saw that he needs to go to work now.  As Sooyoung sits on the floor, her phone rang and saw that it was her mother.

 

“Sooyoung, where are you?”

 

“Omma, I don’t think I could come today.”

 

“Is there a problem?”

 

“I just don’t fell well. Sorry. I’ll just drink medicine, don’t worry about me.”

 

“Okay then. Take care, my dear,” Sooyoung sighed and hung up on her phone.

 

She wiped her tears and stood up, stumbling over another shirt of Kyuhyun. She took a sniff and yelled afterwards. She threw it towards the ground and held her hair. She looked in front of the mirror and saw her face full with tears and ruined make up. She has been battling if she would confront if Kyuhyun was really cheating on her or would she just keep quiet. Maybe now, nothing should happen. But one thing’s for sure. She doesn’t trust Kyuhyun that much anymore.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

“Is there a problem?” Kyuhyun and Yoona were having lunch. Yoona had noticed how Kyuhyun had been giving off a cold aura since this morning.

 

“Sooyoung,” Kyuhyun said and Yoona looked down at her plate. “It’s about marriage issues. You won’t understand,” he added. Of course, she will never understand. To begin with, she’s not married. She’s just the third party in a marriage.

 

“Do you want me to make you forget her?” Yoona said and slipped his hand on Kyuhyun’s thigh. Surprisingly, Kyuhyun took off her hand.

 

“I’m not in the mood for doing those things today. Can we just not do ‘it’ today? I just to lie down on a bed,” Kyuhyun said and scratched his head.

 

“Okay then. You want to go to my condo then?” Yoona suggested and sliced a piece of her meat and placed it in front of Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“Not now, Yoona. I really need some time alone. I’m sorry,” he said and just ate his own food, ignoring Yoona’s food. He failed to see the frown on Yoona. Ever since this morning, he had been thinking and he has been worrying about Sooyoung, even when he with Yoona, his wife is the only person in his mind.

 

After their lunch, the ride was silent. Yoona tried to make a conversation, but Kyuhyun would just respond with a nod or one sentence answers. When they got back to the office, Kyuhyun just busied himself, even avoiding her. Yoona had been trying to get close to Kyuhyun, but the latter would just be passive.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, is there a problem?” Yoona asked with full worry. It was already pass 7 p.m. and Kyuhyun was already preparing to leave.

 

“You’re leaving already? Can you at least tell me what your problem is?!” She tugged on his sleeve. Sighing, Kyuhyun stopped and turned to her.

 

“Weren’t you listening earlier? I said I have marriage problems, right? Sooyoung and I had an argument and I want things between us to be good. I’m sorry, but I have to go to her now,” Kyuhyun said and immediately left her.

 

It took a while before Yoona had realized that Kyuhyun had left her. She tried to run after him, but when she got into the elevator, she was too late and she didn’t make it. She wanted to talk with him, so she ran down the stairs to the parking lot to catch him. But luck wasn’t on her side. She knew where Kyuhyun parks his car and it was already gone when she came.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t give his full attention to Yoona. His mind only contained of one person right now, his wife, Sooyoung. On his way home, he bought flowers and a small cake for her. He smiled and drove him. When he reached the house, he was surprised that there was food on the table, but Sooyoung was not there. It was just 8 and it surprised him that she wasn’t there. He went to their bedroom and saw her reading a book.

 

“Sooyoung…” He called and she closed the book.

 

“I’m going to sleep,” she said and faced away from him. Kyuhyun sighed and placed the flowers on the table beside the side of her be and went to eat dinner. When Sooyoung was alone, she looked at the flowers. She saw a small note attached to it and it read, ‘sorry’.

 

Later on, Kyuhyun climbed on their bed after taking a shower and having dinner. He looked at his wife and her cheek.

 

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun whispered and kissed her forehead. After staring at his wife, he laid his head on his pillow and wrapped an arm around Sooyoung. After a long time, Sooyoung opened her eyes. She wasn’t asleep. She had been awake all this time. It was nearly midnight and she turned to look at Kyuhyun.

 

“I don’t know anymore, Kyuhyun,” she sobbed. “I love you so much and you know it, but I can’t seem to trust you anymore,” with that, she closed her eyes and her back. After about 30 minutes, Kyuhyun opened his eyes with tears. He had actually waked up when Sooyoung said something to him. He pretended to sleep so that he can hear what she was going to say, and what he heard hurt her.

 

“I’m sorry, Sooyoung. I’m such a sinful man. I promise that I will set things straight starting tomorrow.”

 


 

Did a double update today because I'll be busy again tomorrow! XD Then I don' t know on Saturday. The next time I'll probably update is on Tuesday. :p

 

Oh, to those readers of mine who also read 'Just When I Needed You Most' and love SooWon too, I made another SooWon oneshot, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/109373  < --- Please check it out! :D Guardians and other readers are welcome. :D