Setting Hearts Free

No Other Woman

Yoona called for an ambulance and it immediately came. Kyuhyun was rushed to the hospital, with her crying by his side. She was only allowed to stay outside the emergency room. 

 

‘Dear Lord, please make Kyuhyun live. I’ll leave him and Sooyoung, just please let him live,’ Yoona prayed. She can only blame herself for the accident. While crying, a doctor came out.

 

“Are you his girlfriend or wife?” The doctor asked. Yoona wanted to say no, but she just shook her head.

 

“I’m his boss,” she said and the doctor felt that there was something, but chose not to voice out whatever his opinions are.

 

“Well, I managed to retrieve this from the accident,” the doctor handed her a plastic bag that contains his cellphone, the envelope that has the divorce papers, his wallet and wedding ring. She took out his cellphone and dialed a number.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Sooyoung was having coffee with Siwon. Sooyoung had told Siwon everything, from the vacation, the suspicions, to the truth and divorce.

 

“Will you really want to divorce Kyuhyun?” Siwon asked.

 

“Will you still continue to be in a relationship and marriage full of lies? I love him, but our infidelity towards each other is too much. I’d rather set him free with another woman rather than let him cheat on me,” Sooyoung sighed. Just then, her phone rang. She saw Kyuhyun’s number. Instead of rejecting it, she answered it anyway.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” She asked.

 

“Y-yeoboseyo? Sooyoung-sshi, this is Yoona. Before you hung up, please listen to me. This is an emergency,” Sooyoung can sense that Yoona was saying the truth. Yoona was crying and she’s using Kyuhyun’s phone. It can really only mean that he was in a serious situation.

 

“What happened? Why are you using Kyuhyun’s phone? What happened to Kyuhyun?!” Sooyoung was very worried.

 

“He got into a car accident. I’m sorry, Sooyoung. We’re at Seoul Medical Hospital right now,” Yoona said. Sooyoung hung up and stood up.

 

“What happened to Kyuhyun?” Siwon asked and stood up too.

 

“He got into a car accident. He’s at Seoul Medical Hospital,” Sooyoung said and finished her coffee before leaving. But before she did, Siwon held her arm.

 

“I’ll drive you there,” he offered.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Sooyoung stood at the glass window of the emergency room. Kyuhyun was still in it. Tears slowly fell from Sooyoung’s face as she can’t do anything.

 

“Let’s pray that he’ll be alright,” Siwon patted her shoulder and she nodded. Minutes later, she excused herself and went to the hospital’s chapel. She took a seat and began to pray.

 

‘Lord, I don’t know why you’ve give us this cruel fate. Is this punishment for what Siwon and I did back in college? I regretted doing it. We were sorry about it and I guess this is for all my sins. If I could just ask from You one thing, that is the safety of Kyuhyun.’

 

 

Meanwhile, Yoona entered the chapel and sat behind Sooyoung. Feeling the other’s presence, Sooyoung opened her eyes and slightly turned to see her. She wasn’t also in the best state. They both cried. It doesn’t even matter who cried more and who suffered more for they both know that they both love Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yoona said. “I’m sorry for ruining your marriage. I’m sorry for thinking that I could have him for myself. I love Kyuhyun… and I thought he loves me back too. I now know that I only caused trouble to you. Don’t worry, I’ll leave you. I have decided that I’ll leave the two of you. I’ll fly to Japan,” Yoona explained.

 

Sooyoung thought deeply. They said that if one loves two people, the person should choose the second one because if she/he loves the first one, that person shouldn't have a second one. And this is their situation. If Kyuhyun does love her, then Yoona won't be in their lives.

 

She's not blind. It's clear to see that Kyuhyun does love Yoona. She thinks that he's staying because of their marriage, even though his heart is saying a different name.

 

“When are you leaving?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Maybe when Kyuhyun gets better, one month at most before I go to Japan,” Yoona admitted.

 

“Can you not leave yet?” Sooyoung suddenly asked, surprising Yoona.

 

“For Kyuhyun, can you not leave yet?” Sooyoung knew it will hurt her, but as the saying goes, ‘If you love a person, set that person free’. And that is what she’s gonna do. She’s gonna set Kyuhyun free.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Kyuhyun looks around and he was in an all white room, with no one and nothing around him. Suddenly, two cries were heard and he knew who owns those. The problem is, he doesn't know to whom he will go to.

 

'Just follow your heart.'

 

He followed it and went to the person who his heart was calling for. Kyuhyun woke up and opened his eyes to see the bright light that blinded him. He moved his right hand, only to find it being held by the person he went to in his dream.

 

"Yoona..."

 

He tightened his grip and kissed his hand. Yoona woke up and looked at Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyuhyun!” She yelled and hugged Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiled and hugged her too.

 

“I’m sorry, Yoona,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“No, Kyuhyun. I’m sorry. I caused you that accident. I almost lost you. I can just blame myself if something bad happens to you,” Yoona said with tears from her eyes.

 

“Don’t cry,” Kyuhyun said and wiped her tears away. Meanwhile, Sooyoung can see it all from the door. She was about to enter, but she heard Yoona call for his name. It was a painful site for her, but she knew that this is the truth. Kyuhyun loves Yoona.

 

Just then, a hand was on her shoulder.

 

"Donghae oppa," Sooyoung cried in his arms.

 

Donghae closed his eyes as she hugs Sooyoung. Why can't he be the person in her heart? All his life since they met, she was the one in his heart. He can't even be the second one in his heart because that is Siwon's place. He will just be third in her heart. But he will probably never have that place if he never confessed.

 

"Stop crying. Kyuhyun already woke up. You should go to him," he said an wiped her tears away. Sooyoung pulled away and looked at Donghae. She thanked him before knocking on the door.

 

“Yoona,” Sooyoung called.

 

“Sooyoung’s here?” Kyuhyun asked and Yoona nodded. She lets go of her hand from his and opened the door.

 

“You’re awake,” Sooyoung weakly smiled. “Can we talk? Just the two of us?” Sooyoung asked. Yoona understood and left.

 

“Soo…” Kyuhyun looked at Sooyoung. She had swollen eyes too and probably her heart got hurt too.

 

“We need to talk about something…” Sooyoung took a seat and sat down beside Kyuhyun’s bed.

 

“Are we still pushing it through?” Kyuhyun asked. He knew that it was about the divorce anyway.

 

“Yes,” Sooyoung gulped. It hurts for her part, if it meant Kyuhyun’s happiness; she’s willing to give it all.

 

“But, why? When things like this happen at dramas, usually the couple gets back,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“But this isn’t a show, Kyuhyun! These are our lives! This is our marriage we’re talking about! I can clearly see how Yoona meant so much to you. Even if you left her, it’s still her. Remember when we fought at the hotel? You helped her and not me. I don’t need anymore explanations when things are clear to see. We’ll just push it through,” she said and stood up. She looked up, preventing the tears to fall.

 

“Soo…”

 

“Oh, I don’t think Yoona will say it to you, but she’s leaving,” Sooyoung said.

 

“What do you mean leaving?” Kyuhyun suddenly sat up.

 

“She’s going to Japan,” Sooyoung said. Kyuhyun could not say anything. Sooyoung peeked at Kyuhyun and saw that the latter was staring in space. Yoona was leaving and Kyuhyun could not interpret his feelings.

 

“Excuse me, I forgot to buy something,” Sooyoung exited and saw Yoona sitting in a bench near the nurse’s station. She patted the girl’s shoulder, telling her to go in Kyuhyun’s room. Yoona entered and saw Kyuhyun.

 

“You’re leaving me?” Kyuhyun asked and Yoona was surprised.

 

“I am…. For you and Sooyoung. I’m going to Japan. I hope you understand,” Yoona said and bowed. Kyuhyun knew he has no right to stop her. What they had was complicated to explain, but you can’t deny that feelings were involved.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Soon, Kyuhyun had been checked out of the hospital and the process of divorce was faster than they expected. The day of Yoona’s departure also came faster than expected.

 

Kyuhyun kept glancing at his watch. They were in a restaurant with Siwon, Donghae, Changmin and Victoria. Sooyoung knew why he was like that and sighed.

 

“Go,” she said. Kyuhyun looked at her, not knowing what she meant by that. "Go to Yoona. Follow her," she said. The rest gave her a look as if asking her if she was okay.

 

“We’re getting divorce. You can still continue the love you and Yoona have. Right now, follow her and tell her to wait for you at Japan. When everything’s settled, you fly and follow her,” Sooyoung said. Kyuhyun doesn’t know what to say so she just hugged her. Sooyoung held on her tears and patted his back. He pulled away and thanked her.

 

“You really have a beautiful heart,” he said and pecked her cheeks. Sooyoung watched Kyuhyun run away. She cried knowing that Kyuhyun really had loved someone else. But things are better now. She and Yoona are at peace. She knows that Yoona won’t cheat on him. Kyuhyun will be on better hands.

 

"Why did you let him go?" Victoria asked.

 

"Because I don't want to hold unto him any longer when I know I can't have his heart again," Sooyoung explained, wiping her tears away.

 

"But you are--"

 

"His wife? What if I am? If his heart doesn't belong to me, what is this marriage built for then?" She told Changmin.

 

"When you fall in love, you are willing to give the person you love if it meant his or her happiness," she ended.

 

Of course they understood. Siwon and Donghae clearly understands. They let Sooyoung go because she loves Kyuhyun. They hate Kyuhyun for letting her go when there were people waiting for Sooyoung all along.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Yoona sat at the chair, waiting for the plane to arrive and begin boarding. She had her luggage enter the plane now. She just didn’t board because she felt like having coffee. While eating, her phone rang. She did not believe that Kyuhyun was actually calling her, so she hesitantly picked it up.

 

“Where are you?” He asked.

 

“At the airport,” she answered.

 

“I know you’re at the airport, but where exactly?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“At Starbucks,” Yoona said and the line was immediately cut off. She looked at her phone and just shrugged. She just continued eating her waffle and sipped her hot white chocolate mocha. In the midst of her meal, someone covered her eyes. She was scared and tried to remove it, but when she held those hands, she stopped. She knows those hands. She gently held it and slowly removed it. She turned and saw him.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Yoona said. He smiled and gave her a small bouquet of flowers.

 

“I know things are still complicated and we’re trying our best to fix our problem, but…” he held her hands and caressed it. “Will you wait for me in Japan?” She smiled and tears from her eyes can be seen. She jumped for a hug and Kyuhyun smiled too.

 

“Of course, I will!” Yoona smiled and gave Kyuhyun a kiss.

 

This was how Sooyoung let Kyuhyun go. It occurred to her that it doesn’t matter even if she was first, because if Yoona was the one in his heart, she can’t do anything. Those years of love and memories were now things of the past. Sometimes, the moments that you've spent together doesn't tell you that you are meant for each other. Sometimes fate plays a trick on us and plays with us. Sometimes, even no matter long you've been with that person you love, in the end, that person may not even be the one.

 

Sometimes you have to let go of the person you love for that person's happiness.

 

 


 

/Prepares to be bricked.

 

But hold on, it's not yet done.