Candles' Flames

No Other Woman

Sooyoung was taking care of the laundry, and saw it again, his wedding ring. Not just that, but the same perfume she had smelled earlier.

 

 “Soo, I’m going to work now,” Kyuhyun says and walked towards Sooyoung while fixing his tie.

 

“You might forget this,” Sooyoung raised his wedding ring and he was surprised.

 

“Oh, where did you get it? I’ve been looking for it!” Kyuhyun explained.

 

“You said you were going to clean it,” she said as she gives it to him.

 

“I was gonna clean it, but I couldn’t find it. I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun pouted. Sooyoung sighed. Even though Kyuhyun really wasn’t the best when it comes to aegyo, she falls for it. She just smiled and fixed his tie.

 

“Just take care and good luck with your meeting today,” she said and turned her back again from him and resumed with the clothes. Kyuhyun sighed and was about to hug his wife, but Sooyoung’s cellphone rang.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Sooyoung talked with the person on the phone and it seems that it was about work, so Kyuhyun just silently waved goodbye, but Sooyoung pretended to not see his wave and he left. When she heard the sound of his car leaving, she hung up the phone and sat down. There were many things that bothered her, and one of them was the perfume scent on her husband’s clothes.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

Kyuhyun had other things to mind and being the end of the week, it only meant that it was his turn to present his game proposal to the president and Yoona. But his mind was also bothered with Sooyoung’s actions. She was always affectionate and caring. This was the first time she saw worry and discomfort in her face, and he felt nervous. He shook his head once he had parked his car at his office’s parking lot. He stepped out and headed for their floor. It was already the end of the week to present the proposal. Although they have told him that his proposal would be chosen, there’s still no guarantee that they will push through with his idea.

 

“Kyuhyun, you are called for a meeting with the president and Ms. Im,” Donghae told him. He stood up and went to the meeting hall. He sighed and wished that things would go well. He knocked on the door and entered. Mr. Im and Yoona were sitting beside each other, reading some files and talking with each other.

 

“Ah, Mr. Cho, I was expecting you,” he smiled at him. Yoona raised her head up and flashed her smile, her smile that was like telling him that everything will be alright. It helped his mood and gave courage. “You may begin your presentation.”

 

Kyuhyun presented his work of a robot themed game with time traveling on it. It was more than what the president had expected. It lasted for more than 30 minutes with Kyuhyun presenting every detail of it from creation, production and game play.

 

At the end, the president clapped. “Mr. Cho, as expected, you never fail to impress me. Starting next week, you’ll be promoted to team leader. If you continue to do good, assistant department head is just around the corner. For now, you take charge of the game along with my daughter,” the president shook hands with him and left.

 

“Impressive. I’ve heard rumors saying how great you are and I’ve read in your profile and you have credible records. Seeing you makes me see how a genius you are. You can even make your own gaming company in the future you know,” Yoona as she stood up.

 

“Thanks. I’ll be thinking about your suggestion,” he smiled. Yoona was about to leave when Kyuhyun held her wrist.

 

“Let’s have lunch,” he said and she swore her heart leapt out of joy. They went out for lunch, and the employees thought it was for business, considering that they were still holding the files on their arms and discussing the game itself while on their way out. But the moment they were far away from the company, they held hands. They went to a Japanese restaurant and ate there.

 

“Isn’t it like fate really wanted us to be together?”Yoona said as she plays with Kyuhyun’s hands. She frowned when she saw the ring on his finger. “You’re wearing it,” she said, removing his hand from his. Kyuhyun followed her eyes and saw that it was his wedding ring.

 

“I’ll remove it… for you,” he said and she smiled. He removed the ring and placed it on the chest pocked of his coat. “Let’s just think about something else, okay?” He said and her hair. He looked at her and melted at her gaze.

 

“You were so confident that we’d see each other again. Are you some psychic or something?” He teased. Yoona giggled and Kyuhyun couldn’t deny that he loves hearing that. “It’s like out first date, right?” Yoona said and Kyuhyun could just smile and nod.

 

They ate, and Kyuhyun saw that Yoona ate a lot, reminding him of Sooyoung. “Is there something wrong?” She asked as she tilts her hair with some sauce at the edge of her lips.

 

He took some tissue and wiped the sauce away. Kyuhyun took this chance to gaze at the beautiful girl in front of her. Her eyes were innocent and her everything about her is just gorgeous. Sadly, his thoughts were distracted when the waiter poured water unto their glasses. After eating, they walked back to the office, looking like they really talked about business. Kyuhyun sat in front of his computer and began to type in weekly reports and other things related to the game.

 

“So, how was it with Yoona?” Donghae asked from behind. “What?” Kyuhyun turned and saw his officemate smirking. “Don’t play with me. We’ve been friends for a while now, and I know something is between you and her ever since we had the vacation,” he said. “I’m not gonna tell your wife because that’s your job,” he added. “What do you mean? Nothing is between me and Yoona. We are professionals talking about business here,” Kyuhyun scoffed.

 

“Suit yourself, but when you get tangled up in a situation you don’t like, don’t involve me in it,” Donghae said, leaving Kyuhyun to roll his eyes. To him, he hasn’t done anything wrong.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

It was already the end of their working hours and most of them have left. “Hey, Cho, it’s time to go home,” Leeteuk patted his back. “I’ll just finish this,” he replied and waited for everyone to leave. He knew that Yoona was still at her office. He immediately saved his work and turned off his computer before knocking at her office door. “Come in.”

 

Kyuhyun entered and saw Yoona was still busy reading some files. She hasn’t noticed his presence yet, nor the fact that he locked the office door. “Still busy, I see,” Kyuhyun smirked and Yoona finally looked up. She apologized and stood up to go to him.

“It’s already time for you to go home,” Yoona said and crossed her arms on front of him. “Well, I want to see you for one more time before I go home,” he said and she placed her arms around his neck. “Have a safe trip home then,” she said and gave him a peck. He was about to pull away, but he only pulled her closer to him. “Feisty~ I like a man like that.”

 

Kyuhyun smirked before pulling her into a hot and passionate kiss. She smirked under the kiss. For this moment, he’s hers and no one can take him away. He carried her and lifted her up to the table. She wrapped her legs around his waist, making their lower regions rub against each other.

 

“Let’s make this quick. I don’t want dad to think I’m up to no good. I usually don’t go overtime,” Yoona said and loosened Kyuhyun’s tie. “As you wish,” he replied and removed his coat and threw it somewhere in the corner.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

Kyuhyun fixes himself inside his car. He sprayed his perfume and sprayed air freshener inside his car too so Yoona’s scent wouldn’t mix up. He combs his hair neatly since Yoona pulled his hair too much from earlier. Lastly, he checked his face and his body for other bite marks, and luckily there wasn’t. Well, they she didn’t bite him, but any lipstick stain would flame any suspicion.

 

Usually, his work end at 6 and arrives home 45 minutes later, but for tonight, it was already a quarter to 8, and he doesn’t know if his wife will be looking for him. Suddenly, his phone rang, and it showed Sooyoung.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” he answered. “Yeoboseyo? Kyuhyun-ah, are you stuck in traffic? Are you gonna eat dinner here?” she was worried. Of course she will be. I’m not yet home when I’m supposed to be there minutes ago. “Sorry, dear. I just got out. You see, my proposal was chosen, and I don’t want to bring any work home, so I finished it at the office. I’m sorry for not telling you. I’ll be home by 8:30. You can just reheat the food. I haven’t eaten because I want to eat with you.”

 

“Okay. Drive home safely, oppa,” Sooyoung teased. Kyuhyun what does that ‘oppa’ mean. She doesn’t call him like that unless she had prepared something special for him, and this excites him. 

 

He arrived in 30 minutes, surprising himself and his wife. “I bet you’re hungry, why don’t we eat first?” Sooyoung said the moment he entered. He nodded and gave her a peck on the forehead before sitting down to eat dinner. He looked at her outfit, a white boyfriend polo and jean shorts. He likes it, very much.

 

“Congrats on your proposal being chosen. I know you can do it,” Sooyoung held his husband’s hand. “Thanks,” he said and fed her. The moment they finished eating, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sooyoung from behind.

 

“Oppa, let me finish the dishes,” Sooyoung squirmed under him. “Oppa? You’re up to something Cho Sooyoung,” he teased. “And I like it,” he whispered seductively, pressing himself to his wife. Sooyoung was trapped between the sink and his husband. She knows that her husband won’t stop so he faced him and gave in.

 

“Fine, oppa. Let’s go to the bedroom now,” she said and wrapped her arms on her neck and her legs on his waist. Kyuhyun carried her and when he opened the door to their bedroom, he was surprised that their bed was covered in rose petals and at the center of the room was a table with a bottle of wine and lighted candles.

 

“You prepared all this?” Kyuhyun asked and Sooyoung nodded. She had taken the day for the two of them to enjoy. Sure they always make love, but for tonight, she wanted to surprise him and make it special.

 

They drank wine, purposely spilling some on their parts. Before they knew it, they were glistening because of the wine. They exchanged heated kisses before they undressed themselves and continued their favorite wedded couple act.

 

And for Kyuhyun, today was his lucky day.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

Sooyoung was sitting up, with her back on the headboard. She gazed over her husband who seems to have been pretty tired from their activity. She stood up and wore her polo again. She stood by the window curtain and clenched her fist.

 

Kyuhyun’s scent was a mix of an overdose spray of his cologne, the smell of his car air freshener, and if her nose smell correctly, a faint smell of the same perfume she had smelled at one of Kyuhyun’s clothes from vacation. She also noticed the missing wedding ring on his finger that she saw in his coat.

 

She walked over to the candles that were less than an inch tall already. ‘I thought our love wouldn’t be like this, but yours did. It’s about to die like the candle’s flames.’ And with that, she compared how Kyuhyun’s love for her will disappear when she blew the flames away. 

 


 

Sorry I just updated now because my mom went home from Singapore and since she only stayed for 5 days, we had to make most of it. :p

 

Oh yeah, I also put up a contest for those who wants me to write them a oneshot. The winner can request for up to three requests. ^^ But it's a contest. You can just check it and try, but if you don't want, it's okay. XD Here's the link though:  http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/72088