08 - Stranger Than Usual

Take Care of My Niece

[Yoseob's POV]

 

A yawn escaped my lips as I stared at Soyoung's sleeping figure. Usually when I am watching someone sleep, they look peaceful. Soyoung doesn't. Instead... She looks like she is troubled. But why?

"Hyung," Dongwoon called out my name. I snapped out of my thoughts, turning my head to face Dongwoon.

We were in the car, the fan meeting had ended 24 minutes ago. When we got in the car, we saw Soyoung sleeping silently in the back seat. Hyunseung and I sat in the back with Soyoung. Jiyong and Doojoon were in the front like always. Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Junhyung were in the middle.

"What is it, Dongwoon?" I asked him quietly, not wanting to disturb Soyoung's slumber. I then looked back at her sleeping face, which had a troubled expression. Was she perhaps having a nightmare?

Dongwoon took a glance at Soyoung, then back at me. "Why do you keep on staring at noona?"

I looked away from Soyoung, blushing in embarrassment. I was already caught staring at her? I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, looking out the window. "I wasn't staring at her... Your imagining things."

Kikwang, who was beside Dongwoon, chuckled. "Don't lie, hyung. We both saw you staring at her."

"In fact, we all saw." Jiyong piped in.

I pouted, "Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah, you've been staring at her ever since we got into the car." Hyuseung said, smirking.

Shrugging my shoulders, I looked back at Soyoung. "I was just curious..."

"Curious about what?" Dongwoon asked, with a confused expression.

I bit my lip, debating with myself if I should tell them or not. Soyoung's been sleeping with a troubled expression, which makes me worry. I may have not known her for to long, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried about her.

"Look at Soyoung." I told them. They did as told, besides Jiyong, and stared at her. "Do you notice her expression?"

"She looks fine to me." Kikwang said, confused.

I shook my head, "No, she isn't fine. She looks troubled."

"Yoseob, maybe your just overreacting." said Junhyung.

I shook my head yet again, "No, I'm not Junhyung. Soyoung looks troubled."

"Why are you so worried about it?" Hyunseung asked.

"Yeah, do you perhaps like noona, hyung?" Dongwoon asked.

Do I like Soyoung? No, of course... I'm just worried about her. Jung Juri noona put Soyoung under our care, and so we should take care of her. That's the only reason I'm so worried about her, for Juri noona.

I was about to answer Hyunseung's and Dongwoon's questions, but was interrupted by a tired voice.

"You guys are loud." Soyoung stated, opening her eyes. I was a bit startled at her presence, and flinched when I heard her voice.

"S-Soyoung, your awake." I said surprised.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes at me, "Obviously."

I pouted at him, but then turned my attention back to Soyoung. She looked like she was in pain. That was then, I noticed a bruise on her arm. 

"SOYOUNG, YOU HAVE A BRUISE ON YOUR ARM!" I exclaimed, grabbing her arm to get a better look at it. It was definitely a bruise.

She snatched her arm back, blocking my view away from the bruise. "It's nothing. Forget about it."

"But noona-" She cut Dongwoon off.

"Forget about it!" She snapped.

Everyone was silent. We were all now staring at her. That was the second time she raised her voice.

I couldn't get the image of the bruise out of my head. Why was it there? How did she get it? All these questions were in my head, but I knew Soyoung wouldn't answer them.

The only thing I could do was keep silent. Soyoung didn't seem in the mood to talk about the bruise. Well, it seemed as though she's never in the mood to talk.

Even though I was worried about her. I knew I had to let it go. I didn't want Soyoung to be more angry with me.

-

 

[Soyoung's POV]

 

I sighed in relief as no one spoke another word. They stopped pestering me with questions. Yes, I knew I was being mean to them. They were only worried about my well-being. I just didn't want them to find out about my bruise, but I guess they already have...

Oh well, it doesn't matter... They may have found out about my bruise, but... There's no way I'm going to tell them how I got it. It will only hurt them more if I did...

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

The car ride back was silent. No one spoke a word after Soyoung raised her voice at us. Soyoung... She was mysterious. No, she is mysterious. There is a reason she is hiding her bruise, but why? 

Soyoung was being strange today. Stranger than usual.


Author's Note: This is the eighth chapter everyone. I hoped you liked it, even though it was a bit short. Please comment and subscribe. It makes me feel the urge to update again if you comment. Also, tips are helpful!

 

~ FlyingHigh